Back in Hospital - So sick - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Back in Hospital - So sick Back in Hospital - So sick

Unread 02-25-2008, 05:47 PM
Back in Hospital - So sick

Quote:
sometimes we have to be old meenie demanding witches (or thats how we think they'll think of us).
Yes, I will agree with that. What he might think of me --That's what's kept me from making an appointment with my doctor even though I've been in terrible pain for the last 2+ months. I finally had to admit to myself that I needed to get past my fear of what he might think, past my fear of looking like an ungrateful patient despite some masterful surgical techniques employed twice in the last 9 months, and past my fear of seeming like a constant complainer. I'm not sure if I feel like a meanie witch, but I do feel like I might become that patient they hate to see coming (and yes, I know firsthand about what some of those docs say in their reports). I'm seeing my doctor on Wednesday. Who knows, by then I might actually have turned into a meanie witch! Hopefully, he'll have some answers (if not, I'll whack him with my broomstick).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2008, 09:09 PM

brboawright - I am so sorry you also had to go this. It sucks!!

CAmich - I am so glad you made an appointment. I hope you get the help and relief you need. You have been in pain for too long!!

For everyone else I'm glad your checking it out!!! So what if it's nothing!! I hope it isn't anything bad. A person cannot put a price on peace of mind. One thing I am glad about in my case is that I never did have to stamp my feet. From day one my Dr took my concerns seriously. I just didn't complain after my initial 2 complications. I thought having little aches and pains and a swelly belly after the surgery was normal. And I thought my low grade fever was maybe from my sinuses. I saw him the week before this all happened to get the silver nitrate for some bleeding and at that appointment he said none of my symptoms was normal at all. What?? Don't we read about sore and swelly belly's here all the time?? According to my Dr, it should not happen still at 13 weeks. I actually argued with him that I was FINE. It wasn't until the last day when I fell so very ill, that I believed him and by then I was in big trouble.

Lesson learned - don't be such a toughie!!! Now he told me this time to have a VERY low threshold about calling him for anything and trust me I intend to!

Good luck to you all and let me know how you all do. I'll be thinking of you!

Starbgirl
Unread 02-25-2008, 10:18 PM

I started a new thread I go in for CT scan tomorow mt regular GP Dr says this is not right so off I go and he called and ledt my Gyno a message that I came and saw him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2008, 03:44 AM

I am so glad to hear about the CT! Good luck to you!
Unread 02-27-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
CAmich - I am so glad you made an appointment. I hope you get the help and relief you need. You have been in pain for too long!!
Thanks, Starbgirl! I sure hope you are having an excellent and uneventful recovery. You are my heroine! I can't believe how much you've gone through and yet still continue to be a sweet, positive, and helpful sister! Bless your heart, you are always there for the rest of us even though you've had such setbacks. You are an inspiration!

I just got back from that appointment, and I'm glad that I finally got up the courage to go. My doctor was as nice as could be and is taking it seriously. I didn't have to become a "meanie witch." He believed I was in pain and even told me what he thinks is the cause (although he is going to send me for an ultrasound). I'm not sure what will happen, but I guess it could potentially be another surgery. We'll see!!!
Unread 02-29-2008, 06:48 AM

Thanks Mich. It has been alot but one must go on

I hope the Dr's figure quickly what the issue is.

Starbgirl

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register