Still can not sleep - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Still can not sleep Still can not sleep

Unread 02-18-2008, 04:53 AM
Still can not sleep

I also just go from one sleep pattern to another. alot of mine is due to my seizure meds, however before my surgery I had managed to skip the afternoon nap, but was lucky to be able to stay awake past 8 pm. I would totally wipe out it really seemed more like pass out. Then my hubby would wake me up around midnight to take my night meds, one of my antidepressents was prescribed to me mainly so I could sleep it knocks me out cold for about 4 to 5 hours. Then I am up anywhere between 4-6 a.m. most 4 am

Now since my surgery I cannot nap, I am staying awake at night until midnight or later and if it wasn't for my wipe out antidepressent and my other nighttime meds that help wipe me out too. I feel I probably would be up most of the night.

Best Wishes to you that you can get back to your reg. sleep pattern real soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2008, 09:57 AM
Still can not sleep

Here is one for ya, finally got a hold of my surgeons office and they said my insomnia has nothing to do with the surgery that I need to contact my primary doctor......Didn't have it before the sugery.UGH But thankfully my primary doctor had no problem giving me sample of Ambian CR , I pick themup today, so hopefully tonight I will sleep!
Unread 02-18-2008, 09:07 PM
Still can not sleep

IdothebestIcan,

May I ask what antidepressant you're taking? I am taking Lexapro. It doesn't make me tired. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2008, 09:26 PM
Still can not sleep

Hey dschuman69 I am taking Lexapro as well (20mg) and it does not make me tired. I have tried it at night and in the morning no different for me. Well i just took my Ambian - wish me luck on my first night sleeping in two weeks.
Unread 02-18-2008, 10:08 PM
Still can not sleep

Tduke,
I take 10mg of Lexapro. I really like that I feel calm and relaxed with this stuff. Sweet dreams.
Unread 02-19-2008, 12:38 AM
Still can not sleep

Well I took the Ambian at 11:30 and I am still awake, I feel graugy but when I lay down my legs start and I can not fall asleep. This is crazy!
Unread 02-22-2008, 10:51 AM
Still can not sleep

Hi everyone. I hear you all. My dh is a chronic insomniac and now I know what he has been going through. Before my surgery, I had symptoms from anemia which included itchy skin and RLS. I also had started menopause and had occasional night sweats and hot flashes. Now, although the anemia is cleared up with associated issues, I am in full on menopause. I have not yet seen my Dr. so I've been going it alone without any help. We are at our wits end because when he is having a good night, I will have a bad one.
Unread 02-24-2008, 08:27 AM
Still can not sleep

I have been taking excerdrine pm at bed time ,i sometime fall a sleep for a while than wake up and can't fall back to sleep until 3 or 4 oclock in the moring than i'm so tried during the day.so when does it go away i have to go back to work in4 weeks i need to get back to normal.
Unread 02-24-2008, 10:39 AM
Still can not sleep

I suffered from insomnia prior to my surgery and am actually awaiting an appt for a sleep study. The insomnia is much worse now and I cant even sleep for a nap during the day. I return to work tomorrow so am very worried about how being sleep deprived is going to affect my day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register