Hysterectomy dates Feb 11-Feb 18,2008 - Page 16 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 11-Feb 18,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 11-Feb 18,2008

Unread 03-11-2008, 01:14 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 11-Feb 18,2008

hmm I have had no bleeding at all, which I thought was weird at first, but I am thankful that I haven't had any. You are right, after the 3rd week is a turning point; I feel much better, still a bit sore and tired, but really not bad and I know it is getting better every day.
Maybe you are doing too much and not giving it enough time to properly heal. rest as much as you can, and I'm sure everything is ok.
wow, already in Jeans, I still can't have anything tight around my belly, so sweat pants it still is...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2008, 07:12 PM

I had surgery on 2/15, can't fit in my jeans. So, I left house arrest and went shopping for a new pair. After trying on 6 pairs of jeans, Bingo, I found one. I can sit comfortably in them. I'm tired of sweat pants. Occasional spotting with slight achey cramps, depends on my activity level. Hot flashes and insomnia at night is getting old. Otherwise feeling more normal than last week. Yeah!
Unread 03-12-2008, 10:05 AM

How is everyone doing? I'm now 4 weeks post-op and so far feeling ok.
My incision is sometimes itchy and once in awhile I feel a prickly/needle
sensation. I'm still walking slow but not as slow as last week.
My main problem is: when I walk, I feel like my abdomen is so heavy (like carrying a bowling bowl). Is that normal? I want to increase my walking but this heaviness slows me down. I'm still using an abdominal binder and that helps a little bit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2008, 10:21 AM
Burning Sensations

I had my Laproscopic Supercervical Hysterectomy on 2/14 and recently I have experienced 'buring' sensations below the navel and the expanse of my lower back.

Anyone else feeling this odd sensation?
Unread 03-12-2008, 10:42 AM

yes, sometimes it feel like a fire pitt in there, I think it's part of the healing. just came back from a 30 min walk and I'm feeling it again; hmmm work should be fun tomorrow, wish me luck.
Unread 03-12-2008, 12:45 PM
Still tired.

I will be 4 weeks post TAH/BSO on the 15th. I can look great & go out with friends for dinner and then can't wait to come home. Yesterday I had lunch with a work friend and then dinner out with other friends. I am beat today, in sweats morning nap for 2 hours and I feel another long afternoon nap coming on. When I walk I feel the heavy abdomen and tightness in groin up into the abdomen if I go very far. I can't imagine going back to work yet. I am a control freak and am learning my bodies will is winning over what I "wan't" to do.
Unread 03-12-2008, 01:11 PM

So 4 weeks exactly for me today. And I too found that just after 3 weeks was a turning point. I was out for a couple hours yesterday and had a long night, so this morning I felt so exausted. I listened to my body and rested all morning. I am trying to incress my walking. I know I'm not doing enough of that at all, I have the heavy bowling ball feeling too and when I do walk for 30 minutes straight I feel horrible after. I hope this is normal...maybe I just need to keep walking a push a little more. I feel so much better the past few days. Week 1 and 2 were horrid. I hope it keeps getting better for all of us. Anyone else nervous about sex? I'm almost scared. k hope everyone is well.
Unread 03-12-2008, 01:34 PM

Sorry guys, but I haven't had any burning. (TAV/BSO on 2/15).

I have had achiness below the belly button this week. I have found weeks 3/4 to be a rebound effect - just not feeling that great. Still having constipation and bowel pain. T-i-r-e-d of it, to say the least!

As far as sex - yes, I'm nervous. Doc said after 3 weeks it is o.k. but even his nurse said wait 6 and I'm planning to wait at least that long!
Unread 03-12-2008, 04:23 PM

Yes, nervous about sex. I guess because my abdomen still feels tender to the touch. My poor dh, I think he feels uncomfortable getting too cozy with me.
Unread 03-12-2008, 06:59 PM

LOL . . . When I read control freak, I HAD to respond. I had a Laproscopic Supercervical Hysterectomy on 2/14/08 and my recovery progress is EXACTLY as you described.

I plan to walk about 30 minutes daily, beginning next week, to build up my stamina in preparation for returning to work.

My DH won;t let me out of the room not to mention the house, so I have been basically on lock-down. I convinced my sister to take me to the grocery and linen store, along with a short trip to WalMart, and YES I could not wait to get back home . . .

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register