Hysterectomy dates Feb 11-Feb 18,2008 - Page 21 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 11-Feb 18,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 11-Feb 18,2008

Unread 03-25-2008, 07:58 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 11-Feb 18,2008

yes, unfortunately, the insurance companies don't like to pay, big problem in the usa, am originally from europe, so I know the difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2008, 08:53 PM
update

I must have been lucky. They released me from the hospital after 4.5 days. My insurance claim was paid without a problem. I don't know what I would have done if released in one day. I did not have any complications, they just kept me that long.

I don't know how some of you did so well within days of your surgery?? It took me about 3.5 weeks before I started going stir crazy with not doing anything. I am still taking it easy though, but adding more each day to my daily activities.

I still have BM/Gas issues as well, but trying to walk and keep to a good diet. When that doesn't work, I have tried Colace and pineapples

I too have those pangs... I assume that they are from my insides healing.

I went back to work on Monday 3/24/08. Monday was good, but I was tired today (Tuesday). I have my 6 wk post op Dr. appointment tomorrow. So far, everything though seems to be going good.
Unread 03-26-2008, 07:54 PM

Mimi, thanks for your message. I think you are right about the fibro slowing down everything. Plus I think I'm a lot older than you are (not sure, can't remember) - but anyhow, still plugging along! Some days better than others.

I sure hope the lady with the infections and not feeling well, get better soon. I forget names, darn it. LOL.

Hope Adoptameezer is doing ok.....and can check in soon maybe.

Take good care gals. Thinking of you all!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2008, 08:05 PM

Thanks for all the good thoughts!

I have been doing quite a bit of resting the past couple of days. I go back to my PCP tomorrow at 2:00 for a hospital followup/blood check....then I go upstairs to my gyno for my six week TAH checkup.

My husband come home tomorrow night too and I am so glad for that. I never, ever want to be a single parent!!

My grandfather's funeral is tomorrow but it is at the same time as my dr appts so I have really prayed about it and decided to keep my dr appts. I did take my girls to the visitation tonight. It was a very hard decision to make but I think I made the right one.

I am going to put the girls to bed and then head there myself....take care.
Unread 03-26-2008, 09:03 PM

I can completely relate. I did not have a BM until the 10th day after returning home fro a TAH and I was getting REALLY nervous. You may have already found a solution to your problem...but if not...try taking Benefiber. I usually took 2 to 3 tablets a day even before my hysterectomy. I was initially prescribed the colase when I was sent home from the hospital. They neglected to tell me it is ONLY a softner and will not do any more than that. My home health care nurse told me that it is not uncommon for then to neglect to tell you this. I asked her if I could take the Benefiber and she said absolutely. With in 2 days I felt sooooo much better!!!
Unread 03-26-2008, 09:09 PM

KitKat54 - re. our age, I'm assuming you were born in '54...that's the 54 in your screen name? I was born in '62...I'm 45. :-)

Blessings,
Melanie ("Mimi")
TLH (kept 1 ovary); removal of cystic mass; removal of severe endo & adhesions; cystoscopy
Unread 03-26-2008, 09:10 PM

Take Benefiber 3 times a day for the constipation. Get the big horse pill ones and they will do the trick!!! I had the same problem and it was not pleasant as you know. Good luck!!!
Unread 03-27-2008, 02:37 AM

hello ladies,
hope everyone is feeling better...hello kitcat nice to read you...like you i had fibroids (7)...so the healing is slower and the swellybelly does take more time to go away (
went to the doc that said everything is okay but asked my dh not have sex with me for the next month..it's okay and for the best
i'm working, cleaning and at this point i now i made the best decision in my life because i'm feeling great...no more periods, no more pads, pains and pills!!!..
got my life back...and after so much pain i decided to enjoy every second of it )
love you all
XOXO
Unread 03-27-2008, 02:05 PM

Hi my sisters I had my 6 week post op today, DR says everything looks good everything progressing well and he release me so that I could resume normal activiy. I hope that you guys are doing well and get good news if you still awaiting your 6 week post op. GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

TAH kept ovaries and cervix.
Unread 03-27-2008, 05:46 PM

I had my 6 wk checkup this afternoon. Dr said everything looks good. He did do an internal exam. I am pretty sore now ~ he did a lot of pushing on things!

I also saw my PCP and had a protime blood check. I have reached the therapeutic level with the Coumadin so I get to stop the Lovenox injections! Woohoo!!

I go in on Monday to see the Hematologist. Am scheduled to go back to work on Wednesday....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register