Hysterectomy dates Feb 11-Feb 18,2008 - Page 23 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 11-Feb 18,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 11-Feb 18,2008

Unread 04-12-2008, 04:00 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 11-Feb 18,2008

I had TAH and still get pains on my left side, my Dr. said I have pains on side because they more thing on that side. I had to have my adnodes removed on my sides do to a tumors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2008, 07:18 AM

I am still doing well.... I think. I do get a pain in my lower left side from time to time, and thats kind of new. I am trying to get the hormone thing worked out! AAAAAAHHHHH!! My weight goes up and down like crazy!
Tried sex for the first time last week, at first it was ok, then all of a sudden, it really hurt! DH thinks it's just too soon, and that even though the Dr said it's ok, he thinks maybe not just yet....Thank God he's patient!
How is everyone else doing?
Unread 04-12-2008, 10:37 AM
Update, Balancing hormones & depression meds

Well, I had my 8 week checkup yesterday. I am feeling like my old self again, apart from some minor issues. I am sleeping at night, without drugs, finally, which is a HUGE blessing!!!

I have taken this recovery period very seriously and had tons of help and support in whatever way was needed. I got a clean bill of health and the okay to resume my regular activities. I am so thankful that I only had one setback the second week after surgery (went on tooo long of a walk and spent the next week flat on my back after feeling something 'rip' - dr said it was prob scar tissue). It is wonderful after the last 6-8 months of feeling completely BLAH and YUCK to be feeling like myself again.

I did have a small bulge or bubble at one end of my incision, but in the last 4 days it has disappeared. The dr thought it was probably fluid and nothing to be concerned about - even though it had been there for a month.

I have been taking Premarin 1.25 for the last month. I explained to the dr that sometimes I have zero problems with lubrication, but now the last few days it is a major issue, but that I also have NO libido (which is a total opposite from normal for me). He changed the prescription to Estratest which will give me a tad of testosterone in addition to the estrogen. That might help with the libido and might increase my energy level also, and I sure hope it does. He also said it might cause weight gain, and I am concerned about that. Anyone else had this happen with Premarin? Experience with Estratest?

Also, I have clinical depression so am dealing with that on an ongoing basis. I take wellbutrin 300 mg and even though that is a pretty hefty dose, it had come to the point about 6 months before surgery where I knew it was not strong enough. But I didn't act on it because I was feeling so lousy and thought maybe I had cancer or something and that was screwing up my hormones and that if something was going to happen, I only wanted to be adjusting one chemical or hormone at a time.

I talked that through with my surgery dr yesterday (because I am not getting good care from my primary care dr. It's a clinic and I never see the same dr twice it seems like.) Anyway, he thought my logic was sound and gave me some good recommendations. It was so gratifying just to be really listened to!! So hopefully, once I get the hormone thing straightened out, I can get my other meds figured out and get on with life. But already, just from getting over surgery, not having a fibroid filled boggy old uterus, I think I am amazingly better than before surgery. And NOT HAVING PERIODS is INCREDIBLE!!! That in itself is a blessing.

It had been so wonderful just to have caring women to go through all this with. Despite our 'feminist independence' - we really do need each other! It feels like family here at hyst.

Ladies, I'd like to hear if you had vaginal dryness - and is it just due to not having ovaries and those hormones or is it due to the Premarin? Anyone else dealing with balancing hormones and depression drugs?

Consider yourself hugged,
Laurel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2008, 08:56 PM

Thanks for all your replies; mr Dr. told me since I kept my ovaries there might be scar tissue forming and that's why I still feel the pinching and pulling. Also I stand all day so that might contribute to it. No pain during sex and I'm thankfull for that. I did wait an extra 10 days after I got the ok; just wasn't ready. I think our bodies will let us know, we just have to listen.
This was a humbling experience for me and harder then I thought it would be, but thank God, we all made it. Here's to a happy and healthier life
Unread 04-15-2008, 11:07 PM
Looking for Surgery dates of Feb 12

I'm nine weeks out and looking for the forum of my surgery date to chat with others of my surgery day, but as I am kinda computer dummy not sure where to look can anyone help PLEASE.
Unread 04-16-2008, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Ladies, I'd like to hear if you had vaginal dryness - and is it just due to not having ovaries and those hormones or is it due to the Premarin? Anyone else dealing with balancing hormones and depression drugs?
(((ladies)))

Just a gentle reminder ~ if you have any questions about your recovery, please start a new thread so that all our post-op members can see it and have the opportunity to respond ~ particularly those who are further out in their recoveries and have more experience to share. This is the best way to get support ~ in the true tradition of HysterSisters!

Sending all good wishes and thanks for your understanding!

Unread 04-17-2008, 06:21 PM

You are in the right forum. Just click on the different pages and you can read everyone's input and updates.
Unread 04-17-2008, 10:02 PM

hey, how has your recovery been so far? my right side still bothers me a lot, but I got the all clear 10 days ago, so dunno if that is normal. wondering how long it will take to feel absolutely nothing from the surgery.
Unread 04-18-2008, 08:46 PM

Went back to work Sunday (I do 12 hours shifts/3 days a week in the NICU)
and boy, I didn't notice how much I stand and walk at work! By the end of the day, my stomach felt so swollen and my stitches felt like it was pulling. I was so relieved to go home and lie down. My co-workers were telling me that I should have taken a longer leave and now I'm agreeing with them. I'm hoping things will get better sooner!
Unread 04-28-2008, 06:54 PM

Ladies,

Now that your surgery was over 8 weeks ago, your thread has been moved to our "date club" forum for you to continue your friendships.

Please remember:

1. If you have a question about your recovery, please start a thread in post-op to get support for your particular issue.

2. To visit the pre-op and post-op forum to answer questions for our other members. Give back as you received from others!

Thanks for making HysterSisters the best support website on the internet! You are wonderful!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register