Hysterectomy dates Feb 11-Feb 18,2008 - Page 24 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 11-Feb 18,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 11-Feb 18,2008

Unread 05-19-2008, 09:25 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 11-Feb 18,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi1962
OK, I guess I am surprised at Julie going skiing already (!!!) and Tamra getting the OK for sex already! I had a total laparoscopic hyster done on Feb. 14th (plus removal of severe endo & a large ovarian mass) and I am still sore inside. There is no way I'd want to have sex just yet! Ouch!

So my update is that I feel pretty good. I've been out and about about 4x/week...stores, restaurants, errands.

I've lost 4 lbs. since the surgery. My appetite still just isn't what it used to be. Which is fine, considering I could stand to lose 15 lbs. anyway!

I don't go back to work until March 11 which is just fine with me. Like most of you, I don't miss it either! I've been catching up with projects around the house...organizing recipes, cleaning out some cabinets, scrapbooking. I only work 3 days/week, but still...it's nice to catch up on things at home.

My only "concern" right now - and it's a weird one - is that I have this weird feeling on my left labia and groin area. It isn't pain, but more like an irritation...almost a burning feeling. My underwear rubbing against it is really annoying. The groin area is swollen too. I am wondering WHY. I emailed the surgical nurse last night & haven't heard from her yet. Any ideas from anyone out there?

Blessings,
Mimi
I had numbness from my belly button to my knees on both sides. My urogyn usually does an under 1 hour hyst and mine took 3 hours, lots of scar tissue and cutting. The sensations you describe are the nerves growing back or "reconnecting". The sensations will be there for awhile as the nerves heal. Although annoying, they will be your gauge as to whether you are overdoing or not. After a good night's sleep my belly swelling goes down and so do the sensations. Last week I returned to work and the first four days went great (I'm an RN, work 8 hour days). The 4th day I worked 11/2 hours of overtime. The 5th day I worked 21/2 hours of overtime (a total of 101/2 hours), my belly was hugely swollen & I had the sensations on my pubic mound, in my RIGHT groin & down my inner RIGHT thigh.

These sensations may last 6-9 months, should decrease over time as the nerves "reknit", eventually feeling normal. However, be aware that the nerves may not fully heal, and you may feel some residual numbness, irritation or both.

The important is NOT to overdue. Hope that helps. Remember, this is my humble opinion, and not medical advice.

Blessings,
fly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-18-2008, 11:37 PM

Wow time flies! I can't believe it's been 7 months!
How is everyone doing? Things for me have settled down quite a bit! I finally seem to be getting the HRT down, which for awhile there I thought would NEVER happen.

So far so good, I don't have any pain, I'm working out at the gym trying to keep the weight under control, but other than that, things are good... I love being able to wear white pants!

How is everyone else doing?
Unread 09-19-2008, 06:38 AM
Unhappy - Hysterectomy dates Feb 11-Feb 18,2008 New surgery in store

Good to hear you're doing well. I was post-menopause before my hysterectomy, so haven't had to deal with the hormone issues.

Unfortunately, the repair to my cystocele didn't hold. My gyn and I were too optimistic and didn't really get the urogyn people involved. So I'm going back next summer for mesh to support bladder and rectum. No serious problems now, not, thank heaven, incontinent, but definitely should be fixed. It's discouraging to think of another surgery, though the first one went well and I'm sure this one will, too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-21-2008, 05:52 AM
Smile - Hysterectomy dates Feb 11-Feb 18,2008 Nice to see you gals!

Great to see a couple posts here. I've been lax at coming around, and feel badly for it.

Good you're doing so well, TatCat! Glad to hear that. I'm afraid I've gained a little since my Valentine's Day total hyst., everything out - had endometrial hyperplasion, precancerous, was full of it. (Still full of it, but in a different way... )

Ruth, so sorry you have to go back in for more surgery. I'm sure you'll do fine, too, but do understand not wanting to. It is too bad they didn't get it the 1st time.

I was also already in menopause so I haven't taken anything, either. Didn't even have hot flashes anymore, but just here lately, have been having some mild/med. ones. Wonder why!

I hope some of the other gals from our "time" will come post updates. It would be nice to hear how everyone is doing. I can't believe it has been 7 months already, too!

It was hard for me to tell how I was improving, since I have Fibromyalgia and hurt like heck all over all the time, and pooped most of the time. But I am relieved to be this far out from surgery!!

Take care and hope to hear from you gals or others, again!
Unread 09-21-2008, 07:30 AM

Hi Gals,

Wow..isn't it great to be on the other side. I have referred so many people to this website because it was such a great blessing to me. Everyone helps each other know whats "normal"! I too feel better...have gained weight, but going to WW and have lost 9 lbs of the 20. I am 45 and have chosen not to do any HRT, mild hotflashes that are already less than they were. I am glad everyone is doing good.

Debbie
Unread 09-21-2008, 12:09 PM

Hi everyone! I have also referred people to the site as well. I am feeling and doing great!!! Sometimes my scar feels weird but that is the worst of it! I have maintained the weight. Why is it that so many people seem to gain weight...because they can't exercise? I have often wondered that since I didn't have a weight gain. My poor friend had a hysterectomy a few months after mine, same doctors group, different doctor and she had the
"old fashioned" way...I guess the way most people have it and took her 7 weeks to recover. I had the Davinchi and took less than a week. I also referred here here and she got good advice. Good luck to all!!
Unread 10-05-2008, 12:24 PM

Hey gals,

I'm doing well, my scars are a little tender when wearing jeans and bending, so pulling weeds is not my favorite thing to do. Other than that I have healed very well and am doing everything. We even took a 25 mile bicycle ride last month. I'm feeling pretty feisty. Sex is different, not as intense as in pre-hyster days. Looking in to adjusting the Prometrium I have to take for "too much estrogen" issues. Overall, doing well.
Wishing you all the best and lots of warm fuzzies,
Unread 10-11-2008, 06:26 PM

Hello Ladies,

I'm doing well. It's nice to see another LSH with the "tender scar". I thought it was just me! Weight just doesn't seem to want to go away. sigh Also, I'm alot warmer than I used to be, but hormones are ok I guess.

I'm glad to see that everyone is doing well and hope it continues for all!
Unread 02-13-2009, 06:48 AM

I can't believe it's been a year!
How is everyone doing? Feb must be my month for surgery, LOL! On Feb 3rd, I had surgery on my shoulder for bone spurs and today I start physical therapy.

Other than that, I feel much better than I did last year, I love being able to wear light colored pants any time I want.
Unread 02-13-2009, 07:27 AM

It will be a year for me on Valentine's Day. I have had some complications, but I don't regret my decision at all!! It's so nice not to have to deal with the pain....although I do get PMS since I still have my ovaries.

I ended up back in the hospital 4 weeks after surgery with Bilarteral Pulmonary Embolism (multiple clots in both lungs). I was on Coumadin for 6 mths and the clots are all gone. The dr said that my lungs may never heal 100% and I have had pleurisy several times. I also now have asthma - but it's pretty well controlled.

I will be having rectocele repair surgery on March 2nd. I will be so happy to be all fixed!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register