Hysterectomy dates Feb 11-Feb 18,2008 - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 11-Feb 18,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 11-Feb 18,2008

Unread 02-17-2008, 10:13 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 11-Feb 18,2008

I had mine on 2/14 and feel a lot better too. I was in the same situtation with the heavy bleeding and cramps from the fibroids. I had actually started my period the day before surgery and it was a relief to not have my period when I woke up. I was tired all the time from the anemia and I am actually less tired now. I did have a reaction to the medicine in the hospital too and was unable to hold food down for a few days. But that is in the past and I'm doing well. I had my first BM today and that was a little painful, I felt like I strained somethings and actually broke out into a sweat during it. But I know this will get better. I have a very steep driveway at my home which would make it very had to walk at my house. But luckily my wonderful stepmom has taken me into her home for the next few weeks and is pampering me. They live on acreage and have horses, cows etc. so it is very peace out here and I actually look forward to my walks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2008, 02:10 PM
hysterectomy

i had my hysterectomy valentines day and was in the hospital 2 days went home saturday and was back in er because i was allergic to the medicine now im home recovering nicely dont regret having it done i think it was the best thing for me im no t having heavy periods high blood pressure and vertigo praise the lord im going to be able to live a better life now
Unread 02-18-2008, 03:07 PM

Dear True Blond, It was really good to read your post, because that was just about exactly my experience. My surgery was February 1st, and now 17 days later I feel better than I have in years, because I am no longer anemic from the heavy periods. Everyone is amazed how well I have "recovered" because they don't really know how bad of shape I was in before. Walking, fresh air and light sunshine made a HUGE diffference. I can now be out and about till about 1 - 2 PM then I have a nice nap. So good luck and enjoy your new health and freedom:-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2008, 04:55 PM

Hi Ladies,

I'm new to the hyster sisterhood with a laprascopic supracervical hyster on 2/13. I have 4 incisions with 'glue' over stitches (1 in belly button, 1 above pubic bone and 1 on left and right side of belly button). Was VERY nauseated after recovery and finally determined morphine and I do not mix. Got sick to my stomach several times throughout the afternoon and was itchy. Scared me silly after falling asleep I woke up burning up. I told my DH something was terribly wrong because I was running a fever. He said I felt very cool and nurse confirmed no temp. Finally after 5 hours they turned off morphine and gave me Toradol and symptoms went away. Got out of castle on 2/14-Happy Valentines! Ride home was sooo long and bumpy!!!

Recovery has been good EXCEPT from the time I woke up after recovery I have had pain in my left side. Not at incision but half way between belly button and left incision. Sneezing and coughing NOT GOOD still. Feels like a pulling sensation - very sensitive and prevents me from standing straight up when I walk. Using stool softener and had one BM so far. No problems with gas pain as I started taking Gas-X as soon as I got to hospital room and about every 4 hours for 3 days.

Having to go back to desk job tomorrow so that will be a challenge for sure especially working with all men! Oy vey!

I'm so glad I found this site and all of this wonderful information!

Thanks to everyone for sharing.
Unread 02-18-2008, 06:13 PM
Home & doing great!

I had a total laparoscopic hysterectomy, as well as removal of a 6x6cm. ovarian mass, and removal of tons of endometriosis - on Valentine's Day, Feb. 14th. The endo was so bad that the adhesions had pulled other organs out of place! I am so grateful that I found this world-reknowned surgeon that could do all this laparoscopically.

Anyway, I think that truly the waiting is the hardest part. I was in pre-op for 4 hours because the surgeon got hung up in the previous surgery. All the nurses - pre-op and during my 1 day stay - were fantastic.

Here it is 4 days later and I'm sore inside - I wouldn't call it PAIN, but just general soreness. And I'm very tired. I sleep about 11 hours a night, then a 1 hr. afternoon nap. And like a lot of you, I haven't had a BM yet either! I'm trying to increase my fiber...I've been eating oatmeal with flaxseed and prunes for breakfast. I have been passing gas, but no BM. I had my husband pick up some stool softener today & I'll try that tomorrow.

Other than that, I feel much better than expected. Hopefully I can go back to work PT in a few weeks.

Cheers,
Mimi
Unread 02-18-2008, 08:26 PM

Hi Shawn 1966

oh my gosh, I can't believe you are already going back to work?? wow!!!!! I had my lavh on the 12th and still laying around wondering when I will be well enough to go to work. I'm a hairstylist ,so standing on my feet all day does not sound appealing to me. And I am still so exhausted.
my Dr. told me that some women go back to work after a week, I didn't believe him. good for you, just take it easy. wow
Unread 02-18-2008, 08:28 PM

try Mineral Oil....you'll have a BM in about 6 hours, it's very gentle
Unread 02-18-2008, 08:51 PM

I had a LSH/BSO 2-11-08 and one week post-op I am still feeling BLAH! I have been running low grade fevers for a few days now so the DR put me on antibiotics. I have tried getting up and moving around some, but that was an experience I wish never to experience again. Last night the night sweats started and hot flashes-- can I just say that I was not prepared for how crazy one can feel while going thru a hot flash and the night sweats. I have never felt the need to strip all my clothes off in my life until that moment... thought I was losing my freaking mind. Not sure if anyone else has experiencing this too, but WOW-- insane. My glue has come off my incisions and boy dooo they itch like crazy! I feel like I am not myself right now and its extremely frustrating. Not sleeping well- either. I just dont feel good. Still not eating right cause i feel sick to my stomach. Not on any pain meds so hoping that will help, but I dont know. Really weak and my head is killing me. I only hope that I didnt make a big mistake with having this surgery.
Unread 02-18-2008, 09:45 PM

why not take the pain meds? I take some only at night to be more comfy. I also still feel very blah......I guess it's normal? every day we will be a little bit better, I feel frustrated too and want to be back to normal. The one thing that makes me feel better is, that my sister and some of my friends have told me, that after their hysterectomies, they have never felt better, so I am waiting for that to happen....all in good time.....hope you are feeling better, there is a light at the end of the tunnel......we will walk towards it together....
Unread 02-18-2008, 09:52 PM
Progress!

Hello Ladies!
It is so good to hear from everyone. I'm new to this forum (joined last month), and I had an LAVH w/ BSO done on Feb 12. I was so worried, esp. the day before, how I would do, even tho' I don't tend to worry about much. But reading your posts and articles helped me so much to have a positive picture to focus on. THANK YOU! Tomorrow will be 1 week since my surgery.

I was first on the schedule at 7:30 am! So Tuesday was "early in-- early out". Besides dental work, this was my first surgery ever (I'm 54).
The nurses were super kind and gentle. The last thing I remember was feeling "floaty" as they asked me to scoot onto the table in the OR... next thing, about 90 minutes later - I was in recovery. After about 3 hours, I was able to go home.
I'll summarize by saying so far- so good and I'm exceeding my own cautious expectations. I'm lucky to have a great DH and family ready to help. There are improvements daily, and some itchy/soreness at the incisions. Stool softeners (2 daily), lots of water, and walking seem to have worked for me, as well as dropping the hydrocodone after 3 days. Day 4 with my first shower was the turning point. It is hard to stay on restricted activity; even so, I get some swelling late in the day. Got another week before I see the Dr.

For me, deciding and waiting were definitely more stressful.

Hugs to all of you and prayers for your speedy healing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register