Its a polyp ! ! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Its a polyp ! ! Its a polyp ! !

Unread 02-11-2008, 03:11 AM
Its a polyp ! !

well, here i am hystersisters...........5 months out, and still having problems. the lumpy vaginal cuff i'd been feeling, and getting pain from..... on inspection today by the gyno...........turned out to be a rather large polyp. groan. she removed it there and then, and i can tell you, it was not too much fun. and, its not too much fun now neither. hopefully by tomorrow it might feel better??? any other sisters have this problem ??? did it grow back??? gyno suggested that this was possible??? eeeeuuuww...... i am sooo over all this stuff ! ! hmmm.......gee.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2008, 03:50 AM
Its a polyp ! !

Oh my... I hope that this is not common.. I had one that I had removed several times.. When I first started bleeding this last time I thought I had irritated it again... Turned out to be endometrial cancer, but I thought once they removed the cervix (which was where my polyp was) I would be done with this... I know they are hard to get rid of . And polyp growers usually have them in different spots.
Good luck to you.
Unread 02-11-2008, 09:28 AM
Its a polyp ! !

hi pattieO, well all i can say is.......eeeeuuuwww...........and that i hope i don't have to have it removed again neither. the gyno did mention that if it grew back again, then she'd have to do it again? so assume it must be common, well, common for them to grow back? not an overly pleasant thing, either having it, or having it removed? ugggh. so, when you had yours removed, did you use an antibiotic vag. cream afterwards? and was yours painful afterwards, and, if so, how long for? its given me a backache to go along with it? also, how big was yours? gyno told me mine was around 3/4" across.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2008, 12:28 PM
Its a polyp ! !

i'm so sorry this happened to you hopefully this is the end of the polyp issue for you
Unread 02-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Its a polyp ! !

i also had the same,had it removed at 7 months post op. i used a vaginal estrogen which i found helped to heal it up. i have had no problems with it since,,take care
Unread 02-11-2008, 04:56 PM
Its a polyp ! !

good news arletta.............hopefully mine won't recur now??? fingers crossed.

and thanks for the hopes and hugs, dressedinblue ! !

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register