Night Sweats- One ovary (in my 30's) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Night Sweats- One ovary (in my 30's) Night Sweats- One ovary (in my 30's)

Unread 02-11-2008, 03:11 AM
Night Sweats- One ovary (in my 30's)

Hi Everyone - i had a TAH and one ovary removed a week ago- and for the last 4 days or so have been experiencing just unbelievable night sweats - to the point that after being in bed for 20 minutes i could be SOAKED. Its making it really hard for me to get any decent sleep and its at a level that i am shocked by...my hair on the back of my neck will be as wet as if just got out of the shower without towelling and my sheets are unusable.

I have a new appreciation for what women in menopause go through, but I am only 32 and I have one ovary and had hoped to avoid this...anyone have any thoughts?

did you experience this too? for how long? any suggestiongs? (HRT is not an option for me)

I just want to sleep
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2008, 06:48 AM

I Had Op 7 Dec 07 and No Overies Were Taken.night Sweats Have Plagued Me Too.i Spoke to My Gyny and He Said Don't Worry,it Should Get Better.
I Spoke to My Physciatrist and She Said That it Could Be Anxiety Because of How Much I Want My Life to Be Different after the Op.my Sex Life Etc.i'n Having a Very Hard Time with Pimples on My Face,mood Swings and the Sweats Come and Go....but I;m Hoping It's Becasue It's Earlly Days Still.not That I'm Not Gioing Mad(36) Is Too Young for the Meno My Gyny Said!!!!
Unread 02-11-2008, 06:59 AM

I'm with ya girls! I'm 4 weeks post op today and I had the night sweats for the first 2 weeks. They seemed to stop during week 3, but they are back with a vengeance the last couple of days. I also had a TAH and kept one ovary and my doctor said it would take a bit for it to come out of "shock". I'm hoping this is just a passing phase!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2008, 08:20 AM

Yer,I feel so dirty.My husband is getting frustrated with me changing the bedding so frequently. I find the only thing that helps is a pair of pjs my mum sent me from the uk.I'm not home now,so can't remember the exact cotton mix.They are very light weight and if I do sweat they absort it quick without leaving me soaked. I do have to change in the night(well I normally just go naked the last part of sleep).
My husband says I'm not smelly, but it's gross!!
Unread 02-11-2008, 09:09 AM

Lemonwest

I'm sorry you're experiencing this.

At one week post-op it's very early days. Some ladies find their ovaries (ovary) go into "shock" due to the trauma of surgery but most find this settles down ~ usually within a few weeks.

I hope some more ladies will be along to share with their experiences and suggestions. Hang in there!

Unread 02-11-2008, 09:43 AM

lol...apparently my emotions are all over the shop with this too...i just read your post and started to cry...with a smile though too.

thanks for being so supportive- its so nice to hear what others are going through and i look forward to reading more!
Unread 02-12-2008, 05:41 AM

I am at 4 weeks post op and find that I have been getting hot spells the last 3 or 4 nights. It lasts about an hour or so, so not like me, normally I am covered up, but like I said, the last few nights I have to take the blankets off, even though our fire has died and it is very cool in my house. My DH finds it odd, since he is normally like that instead of me!!! I will be 30 on thursday, and I had a TAH, kept ovaries.
Unread 02-22-2008, 08:07 PM

Well, this is how I look at it. I have one ovary now and she has to realize that the girls are gone and she needs to step up to the plate. Sometimes I think she has finally stepped up and then ....pow, hot flashes and mood swings. I guess it just takes time. I'm sure my family can't wait! It's been about 7 wks post op for me. Good luck!
Unread 02-22-2008, 08:13 PM

update for all

i think they are slowly easing off...i'm not sleeping more than about 5 hours b/c i need pain meds eventually, but lately i'm just damp....which i can sleep through as opposed to full on wet.

what a process!
Unread 02-22-2008, 09:00 PM

I had nightsweats every night for 2 weeks after my TAH. It was miserable, but it gets better. I would wake up in the morning with my backside soaked. Weeks 3-8 I had maybe 2 or 3 more. They are gone now, never had a hot flash and I'm at 13 wks post-op. Lots of weird things happen the first 2 weeks. But in time, they all disappear and you start recognizing your body again, I promise!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register