Could use some answers...discharge | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Could use some answers...discharge Could use some answers...discharge

Unread 02-11-2008, 08:59 AM
Could use some answers...discharge

Hello all, I will be 4 weeks post op tomorrow. I have been doing good. The one thing that bothers me the most is this discharge. I had light bleeding for the first 3 weeks. For the past few days I have had a discharge. It's clear with a little odor & it's enough to make me feel "wet" alot. I don't want to sound so gross, but I just wondered if anyone else has done this or am I abnormal Please tell me it is just part of the healing process. I don't itch & it doesn't burn when I pee. It's just annoying. I have been walking on my treadmill again. I started out @ 1/2 mile & then increased to a mile the next day. Just thought I would add this just for more info. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2008, 10:05 AM

I thought I was going to get rid of all pads LOL! I too have this I wear pantyliners and if I lay down for a while then stand up well you get the picture. My Dr said the spotting I had was normal now 3 weeks out I am going to call him even though I have an appointment next Monday. But I think we are all different and I was going to post today about this same thing. so as different as we all are most likely we will find someone going through the same thing. As I have found you on this makes me feel better. I see so many posts on the women that have no spotting no discharge I want to be one of those!
Unread 02-11-2008, 10:29 AM

I'm at 3 weeks post op today and am wearing pantyliners for a clear discharge too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2008, 10:30 AM

Hi sbk
I'm nearly 9 weeks post-op and had various stages of spotting etc. but haven't had or read about a clear discharge...I would have it checked out as most discharge seems to be pink, stitiches dissolving, red blood or old blood. Maybe wrong, but just not heard of it. Interesting.
hope you find your answer.
Unread 02-11-2008, 10:32 AM

I have a call in to the DR I will let you know what they say my discharge is not real clear more of a cloudy tinge to it
Unread 02-11-2008, 10:42 AM

At 6 1/2 weeks post-op I started having heavy, clear, no odor discharge & having to wear pads (too heavy at times for panty liners). It was extremely bad on Friday & called the doctor...they had me come in and did a swab as the GP thought it may be an infection & I am now waiting for the results. I'm hoping it is normal and will stop quickly but logged on this AM to see if there had been any posts on the subject and see this one immediately...it put me a little at ease to see others are experiencing the same type of thing.
Unread 02-11-2008, 11:27 AM

Well I was jusst told it was the healing process but I am going in for an ultrasound for the pain in the left side so one down only a few moree for the Dr next monday lol
Unread 02-11-2008, 11:47 AM

I am so relieved I have my 5 week appt. on the 21st. I was beginning to wonder if I needed to be seen before then. I will be checking back here for updates. Thanks for the responses. It feels good to know we are not alone in our healing.
Unread 02-11-2008, 01:03 PM

I went and bought some pantiliners today for the slight discharge that I have. It is yellowish in color and not a lot but it does make you feel like you have wet yourself. I thought my pantiliner days were gone. I have had no pinkish or red discharge at all. I am four weeks out today and this discharge has been happening for about a week. A pad is too much so I went for the pantiliners as of today.

Kay
Unread 02-11-2008, 03:02 PM

I too have the discharge. It started last week, one day before my post-op. It's not so much the discharge that bothers me, but the odor is rather fowl! My DR told me that this was to be expected due to the healing and the dissolving of the stitches. He didn't really give me a time as to how long to expect this for, but told me I could use a vinegar douch to help with the odor. Hope that helps some! i just want it to stop!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register