Could use some answers...discharge - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Could use some answers...discharge Could use some answers...discharge

Unread 02-15-2008, 04:29 PM
Could use some answers...discharge

Well, I got my results from the tests preformed last week and all came back negative for infection and yeast. I guess that's good news and I should be happy BUT what was the watery discharge about. Guess just part of the healing process.
I must say it has been getting less & less everyday and I can now wear just a panty-liner but its still happening some and I am scared that at any time 'someone' may turn the faucet on again...at a time that would be horribly embarrasing!!
Sure hope that those of us that are going through this will get past it quick.
I think the dryness that was bothering me just a little was much, much better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2008, 07:08 PM

Hi Everyone,
I would recommend that anyone with a foul smelling discharge call the dr without delay. I'm not sure that it has anything to do with infection but I suspect that it might.

I am now almost 4 weeks post op. I started having a foul brown/yellowish discharge about 1 week after my TVH. I didn't call the Dr and 1 day prior to being two weeks post op and my two week post op appt I had to go the the ER with abdominal/side pain. I was also very nauseas with a low grade fever and just felt really bad in general.

Ended up being admitted and staying in the castle a whole week on IV antibiotics for an abscess. No one said that was the reason for my foul smelling discharge but I do wonder. I have been home from the hospital now for one week and still have the discharge but no foul smell.

Last Tuesday (a few days after I was discharged from the castle) I had to go back to the dr for an ultrasound to check the status of the abscess/infection. The ultrasound showed that it was still the same size that it was the night I was re-admitted to the castle. I go again this coming Tues for another ultrasound. Dr. says if it doesn't start to shrink I will have to have surgery again to drain it. I'm still on two different antibiotics so I'm hopful that there will progress at next weeks appt.

Good luck!
Unread 02-17-2008, 12:22 PM

Just to let all know that answered my post here, I went for my 4 week check up this past Thursday & he did a pelvic & urinalysis & determined I have a slight bladder infection. I am currently on antibiotics for 10 days. I hope anyone who has a discharge that continues or gets worse, with an odor or not, goes to their doctor for a check. Best wishes to all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2008, 08:59 AM
gald your doing better

I am glad to hear that you went into the doctors. I had asked mine regarding the discharge that I was having and he told me that was normal for the inside stiches healing. It has been 4 weeks and I am finally getting to the end of the discharge! I went to the store yesterday and thought about getting just one more thing of panty liners but realized that the last one that I have at home should be just fine! Hope that everything else is going good for you.
Unread 02-23-2008, 09:24 AM

I also ended up having a urinary tract infection and have been on an antibiotic for a week. I never had one before in my life and this one is a doozy. It is from ecoli and I am on a powerful antibiotic that has awful side effects. I've been up with contractions in my intestines all week long. I take the pills with food but that doesn't seem to prevent the contactions. Last night I was up at 3 eating crackers trying to settle the pain down. My dark shadows under my eyes have dark shadows under them.

If in doubt about a discharge---- go and get a culture done. If I had not waited so long maybe I would not be so much pain. Actually I went the very morning after I felt the pain when I peed. I thought that prior to that morning that my discharge was normal since so many other ladies seem to be having the same thing.

It is not known if I got the ecoli from the catheter, from the operation or since somehow but it is one of the most painful things I have ever had and I am the old lady who did not feel one single pain in the hospital after my surgery.

Kay
Unread 02-23-2008, 06:10 PM

I am sorry that things aren't going the best for you. I hope that things start to go a little smoother for you soon. Isn't it amazing the things that you really go through with surgury. I never realized that I would have pain up to 4 weeks later just to have a bowel movement. I know that it sounds horrid, but the first time that I was able to pass gas without first doubling over in pain I was truely happy!!! How sad is that! The things that you always took for granteed really change after surgury. I have never had ecoli poisioning and that has to be rather new for you too. As for a UTI, I haven't had that either but my son did when he was a week old.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register