Is my energy level a false reading? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is my energy level a false reading? Is my energy level a false reading?

Unread 02-12-2008, 10:44 AM
Is my energy level a false reading?

My doctor told me I could return to work at 2 weeks since I had an LSH. I have a desk job, Controller. I was back half day on Friday for 5 hours. I was wiped out for Saturday. Monday I felt great so I tried a full day. I made it until 4:30 and went home and literally slept until 7:30 this morning.

The way my doctor made me feel 2 weeks was no problem with returning to work. I was thinking maybe I was a big baby. My boss said he thought I was crazy for trying a full day. So I will be on half days this week. I do not want to go backwards. Everything has gone so well so far. But this is the best I have felt in years!

I just need to find some pants to fit now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2008, 09:41 AM
work

At this point I wish that I had a desk job! But the 2 that I have are very active. I do 8 hours as an Infant Child care provider and then part time cleaning 2 banks. The part time job is the one that I am trying to get approval for because it is rather light duty cleaning. The main problem that I am still having is bending low, which is why the infant job is on the back burner. My DH is trying to get me to just wait one more week and then go back to work with or without dr approval. Is this smart?
Unread 02-13-2008, 03:18 PM

Well I have an answer for my fatigue. I saw my PCP today and he said I may be anemic. I can not believe I did not think of this. I loss blood during surgery but not enough to be transfused. I have been taking a multivitamin with iron since discharge and still feel tired. My PCP prescribed a different iron pill and wants to see me in 2 weeks. He may decide to delay my return to work until we are both comfortable with my energy level. We also discussed a modified work schedule. I feel a bit more relieved. I think my PCP and I will come up with a return to work plan that is comfortable for me. My surgeon is a bit of a stickler and will not extend past the 8 week date.

Anyway a bit of good news for me.

Hope all is well with the rest of you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2008, 04:36 PM

Gloria,

Is there any way of getting your e-mails at home? Maybe if you could stay on top of them for the next couple of weeks you won't so overwhelmed when you get back to the office. Ditto with the snail mail. Maybe if someone could package the mail up and send it to you at least that will be taken care of when you return.
Unread 02-13-2008, 08:53 PM

Capegurl55,

Part of the issue is I am a workaholic. I don't know how to work just a little. If I start, which I am not allowed to per HR, I won't stop. I have been known to sit for over 8 hours responding to e-mail alone. This is on top of my regular duties. Maybe I am being unrealistic, but I want to return to work and be able to deliver in a fashion similar to my pre-op. Students are only understanding for so long. They want what they want now. I do understand that and try to deliver what is reasonable. I'm sounding whiny now. I need to simply deal with this and let the chips fall where they may.

Thanks for listening.
Unread 02-14-2008, 11:59 AM

I leaned towards being an workaholic too so I can understand what you are experiencing. I'm currently not working so that is not an issue. I purposely finished up with one large client before I scheduled my surgery so it would not be an issue. I am going stir crazy and need to find another client.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register