Urination Pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Urination Pain Urination Pain

Unread 02-12-2008, 04:39 AM
Urination Pain

Has anyone else experienced pain when urinating.? I try to keep pushing fluids. Don't seem to have a fever but the last few days when I finish, I get a sharp pain in my left groin area. Also my pubic mound is quite swollen and tender. I am 11 days out of surgery and everything seems to be healing well. Thanks for any tips
Pattie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2008, 05:07 AM
Urination Pain

I had surgery on the 30th. I have a pain in my stomach just before I have to urinate or have a BM. At first I thought it was gas, but I am still having that feeling before and during urinating.
I go to my doc today and hopefully will remember to tell him about that. Not sure if it is nornal since everything is probably shifting since the surgery. I do not have any swelling though, so I am wondering if maybe you should call the doctor's office and mention that.
Unread 02-12-2008, 05:44 AM
Urination Pain

I think the smart thing would be to call your doctor and tell him/her all the sympoms you're having. That would be the best way to find out if what's happening to you is part of the normal process of recovery or something about which you should be concerned. Your doctor is the one who can know best what you should do for yourself medically.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2008, 07:33 AM
Urination Pain

PattieO

My situation was a little different, but I did have some pain urinating.

I had a catheter for 18 days. When I did get it out, I went from continuous voiding (and not having to think about it) to having to void every hour. I remember that the first 2 days I would end up in pain if I didn't go frequently. But my pain didn't last more than the 2 days.

I would contact your because I know that the urologist that I am seeing said that I should not have pain for more than a day or 2.

I pray that things improve soon for you because I do rememeber the pain that I had.

Blessings on you ....
Unread 02-12-2008, 07:52 AM
Urination Pain

I had TVH and Rectocele repair 1-08-08, I had pain when urinating for over 3 weeks after surgery, it finally just was gone one day. Best of luck!
Unread 02-12-2008, 07:57 AM
Urination Pain

Thanks everyone... I will call the gyn, tomorrow.. he is at another office today. Just thought I would ask... hopefully I didn't mess with any internal stitches... Also, just redressed my vert. incision.. Close to the bottom by the pubic area it is not as smooth as elsewhere.. seems like a little marble size lump right toward the bottom. Is that common? Where would I be without my sisters... God bless all of you.
Unread 02-12-2008, 08:27 AM
Urination Pain

About the swelling, I had severe swelling (the whole pubic mound) and it ended up bursting the stitches because it needed to drain. Felt much better after that but then you have to deal with the open incision.
Unread 02-12-2008, 08:30 AM
Urination Pain

What kind of fluid was in there? Did you have lymph nodes taken.? I was wondering if it was swollen because of that. Had 5 taken out. and I am guessing they were in that area.
Unread 02-12-2008, 11:07 AM
Urination Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattieO
What kind of fluid was in there? Did you have lymph nodes taken.? I was wondering if it was swollen because of that. Had 5 taken out. and I am guessing they were in that area.
Hello PattieO,

You may have two different swellings going on. One, the pubic mound, which is from the lymph node biopsy. The second one at your incision site may be a hematoma (pooling of blood and serous fluid). Bring this up to your doctor, he may want to drain it or sometimes the body will absorb it.

Good luck,

bitterpill
Unread 02-12-2008, 12:25 PM
swelling

Yes, she did take some lymph nodes, plus uterix, cervix, tubes and remaining ovary. And grabbed appendix while she was at it.

It was very swollen for 2 weeks. Like I said, it got better after it was drained...after it burst through stitches.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register