Dead Vagina! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-12-2008, 02:39 PM
Dead Vagina!

I hope this isn't TMI. Everything seemed to be OK when intimacy resumed- I was so relieved. But then I started noticing some dryness, just inside the vaginal opening became "chapped"? Then DH "GREW". Next, it became painful even with olive oil. And finally it just died. My vagina died! As in, no feeling beyond the opening. Like it's paralyzed or something. And I sobbed and anytime we try, it feels dead and I sob, even though I tell myself not to expect any feeling and it's ok, this will get fixed eventually. I sob from somewhere deep. So sorry to be so tragic, I don't sit around and cry about it. I am kinda anxious about it. I'm just wondering, has this happened to anyone else. Is it fixable? Does it plump back to normal with VagFem? Oh, and desire went out the window and sensation for other areas is following close behind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Dead Vagina!

I am so sorry that you are going through this. Mine hasn't died yet, and I sure hope it doesn't try to anytime soon.

Have you talked with your Dr. about this? It souds like a hormone issue, and I believe vaginal atrophy can be reversed with the Vaginal Estrogen Creams.

Best Wishes
Unread 02-12-2008, 03:18 PM
Dead Vagina!

it sounds like you might need some hormones for vaginal dryness or you could have an infection. bacterial vaginitis and even yeast can feel like that. you should really call your dr and make an appt to get checked for the infections and if it isnt that, discuss hormone replacement with him. good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2008, 04:06 PM
Dead Vagina!

Thanks, I hope it can and will be reversed. I didn't even think about an infection. I am taking estrogen and doing the vaginal pill now. It seems this saga just changes scenes and never ends. I am hopeful that one day this will all just be a memory and I don't even have to think about hyster,etc
Unread 02-12-2008, 04:17 PM
Dead Vagina!

Someone on the forums mentioned Replens... Said it helps with atrophy.. Don't know... I am a long way from getting cleared for fun and games so guess I'll have to find out then... Good luck
Unread 02-12-2008, 05:09 PM
Dead Vagina!

Hi!

I can relate to what you are experiencing. Everything was normal when DH and I resumed intercourse but then there was a gradual loss of sensation for me after surgery. Over time I wasn't feeling any feelings of desire or arousal despite using Estratest HS (esterified estrogen/methyltestosterone). While that hormone therapy is effective for some women, it just wasn't working up to par for me. I quickly learned that hormone therapy is not a one size fits all deal!

It was at that point that my doctor referred me to a compounding pharmacist. After an extensive questionnaire and a private consult with the pharmacist, several different hormones and doses were suggested and my doctor wrote the prescriptions for them. It took time, patience and a lot of tinkering with doses over many months before I finally felt like me again. Yes, it sure was frustrating but it is possible to get those feelings back. I've since changed hormone therapies a number of times but not without giving each change several months to work before making another change. I've been on my current hormone therapy regime for a couple of years now.

Vaginal estrogen is wonderful for helping to keep the vaginal tissues elastic and moist. I am using Vagifem twice a week for maintenance and it works great. I hope you get the same results!

At some point you may want to ask your doctor to check your free and total testosterone level. If you're lacking that hormone, replacing it with compounded testosterone cream can make a difference--it sure did for me!

Hang in there and try not to fret. Not all sexual problems are permanent. Work with your doctor to help get things back to normal for you and your DH.

s
Unread 02-12-2008, 05:37 PM
Dead Vagina!

By any chance, are you on an anti-depressant? I have been for some time now and it pretty much killed any sex drive I had. Sex has pretty much been a maintenance thing for my husband these days. I feel bad, because he tries so hard to "please" me, but there is just so little physical response. It's very frustrating although I'll take the lack of sex drive over the depression I had
any day!
Best wishes.
Unread 02-12-2008, 05:46 PM
olive oil?

I think the olive oil you mentioned may have caused you an infection. We are not supposed to use oil-based lubricants. It can change the ph inside the vagina, causing infections. We are only supposed to use water-based lubricants, like KY jelly. Hope you find out what's wrong and feel better soon! I take bio-identical progesterone and still feel like I have a good sex drive, even though I can't try it out for a while still.
Unread 02-12-2008, 06:23 PM
WoW

I agree with most posts about the hormones, etc.

I am commenting on this particular board, because there are some knowledgeable people here. I would have been completely lost had I have not had this website to learn things about these issues and to see what options and experiences others have had.

This site is just awesome.

Tammy
Unread 02-13-2008, 01:59 PM
Dead Vagina!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv cats
By any chance, are you on an anti-depressant? I have been for some time now and it pretty much killed any sex drive I had. Sex has pretty much been a maintenance thing for my husband these days. I feel bad, because he tries so hard to "please" me, but there is just so little physical response. It's very frustrating although I'll take the lack of sex drive over the depression I had
any day!
Best wishes.
That's a good guess on the anti-depressants. But I don't think so in this case. I've had to experiment with different anti-depressants because of the sexual side-effects. I am now taking wellbutrin which is not supposed to have any sexual side-effects. It wasn't like I changed meds and then this happened. It was while having been on the same med for awhile. I did have trouble with Effexor dulling things and not allowing me to achieve "O" and also Lexapro just killed the desire and the "O" but nothing has ever killed the vajay-jay before. I think it probly is the hormones and I'm hoping for a reversal. I know what you mean about taking the lack of sex drive over the depression and I'll 2nd that!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register