Appetizer Buffet Party- Need New Ideas - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Appetizer Buffet Party- Need New Ideas Appetizer Buffet Party- Need New Ideas

Unread 02-13-2008, 01:49 PM
Appetizer Buffet Party- Need New Ideas

I'm definitely having a "My Recovery Is Over Party" too! i think I'm going to invite some boys though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2008, 03:07 PM

I will dig the recipies out tonight and get them to you.

A party of ANY kind is fun, especially when you have something very special to celebrate. This 'Red High Heel Night' is for a few reasons, my recovery, my best friend is finally done with chemo, another is getting married, and one is getting divorced (from a total slug) the holidays are over, the graduation and weddings mania hasn't started yet, and because I just want to!

The men do seem to trickle in the door after a few hours, but they do give us time to get all the hooting and hollering and man-bashing topics out of the way first. (could be self-preservation!) It also gives the guys time to hang out without the 'women'.

We also have a 'Wine & B*tch' night a few times a year. That one gets a bit out of hand sometimes. We normally all bring a dish to that one and the host buys the wine. Last time I had it I made sangria for the girls...hiccup...
Unread 02-13-2008, 04:15 PM

Frozon Tundra- I was in need of a laugh and that did it, pretty funny post.

I am just reading down the rest now, what a good idea to celebrate like that!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2008, 04:48 PM

Your party sounds like a blast! Here is an idea for a really cute inexpensive appetizer...I don't use a recipe when I make this, but it's so simple, you will get the idea, if you care to try it out:

Mini Ham Biscuits
You can use refrig. biscuit dough or roll out your own. I usually use Grands. I use a shot glass and cut each biscuit into about 3 little ones and bake them the regular way. You have to watch them when they are in the oven because they bake faster than large biscuits.
I split each little biscuit in two and put a dollop of ham salad inside. You can use any recipe you want for this - I just grind up ham with a little mayo and some dill.
I have made these for cocktail parties and stuff like that...I've gotten compliments from women on them...they're really cute and kind of dainty looking finger food, and the ingredients are cheap and simple.
Jill
Unread 02-13-2008, 04:49 PM

Jill,
Very cute idea!
Unread 02-13-2008, 06:42 PM

Here are some party favorites at my house -

Pepperoni twists -

Pillsbury bread sticks
sliced pepperoni
Italian seasoning
Marinara sauce for dipping

Separate the bread stick dough
On one half of each bread stick put two slices of pepperoni. Fold the other half of the bread stick dough over ontop of itself and give it a twist in the middle between the two slices of pepperoni. ( it should look a little like those yummy cinnamon twists at the bakery
). Sprinkle lightly with Italian seasoning and bake as directed until golden brown. Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.

2 cans minced clams (don't drain)
1 stick butter -melted
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 lg. minced onion
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. oregano
1 C. seasoned bread crumbs
pinch of red pepper
4-6 drops of tobasco

Combine all ingredinets adding seasoned bread crumbs last. Bake in pie plate at 375 10 minutes or until browned. Serve with crackers.

4 Tbsp butter
3 eggs
1 C. flour
1 C. milk
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 lb. grated mild cheddar cheese
2 pkgs. frozen chopped spinach thawed and well drained
1 Tbsp chopped onion
seasoned salt

Preheat oven to 350. Put butter in 9X13 baking dish and melt in oven. In a large bowl beat eggs well. Then add flour, milk, baking powder, salt. Mix well. Add cheese, spinach, and onion. Mix well. Spoon into baking dish and level off. Sprinkle with seasoned salt. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes. Remove and cool. Cut into bite sized squares. Serve at room temp.

Deviled Eggs

12 eggs hard boiled
1/2 C. mayonnaise
2-3 Tbsp. horse radish
1 tsp. dill
1/2 tsp. ground mustard
1/4 tsp. salt
dash pepper
paprika

Cut eggs in half and remove yolks. Mash yolks in bowl. Add all other ingredients. Mix well. Spoon into whites. Sprinkle with paprika. Chill till serving. - I also like to add a little crumbled bacon on top of these.

As for things to do - We love playing taboo. It leads to hysterical laughter every time. If you're looking for more conversation type things, we like to try to remember old tv shows, bands, or any other category we feel like thinking about together, and take turns naming them from a-z till we can't think of any more. It leads to reminiscing and fun laughs too.

Have a great time!

Unread 02-14-2008, 02:30 PM

Ummm....sounds good. You are making me HUNGRY!
Unread 02-14-2008, 02:53 PM

I was thinking of doing a video compilation of the best scenes of Bradd Pitt, Bruce Willis, Sean Connery, and a few other really sexy men for the ladies! With a few games like...name the best scene ever and why...top 10 list of the sexiest men and why...

We have already done the Russell Crowe saga...

We have also done pictionary, taboo, and I know it sounds stupid but guitar hero and the dancing game too!
Unread 02-14-2008, 03:25 PM
fruit salsa with cinnamon chips

1 cup frozen raspberries
2 kiwi, peeled and chopped
2 peaches, peeled and chopped (fresh or frozen)
1t lime zest
2t lime juice
1T sugar or splenda

Mix gently, may freeze then defrost a couple hours before party

package flour tortillas
Pam butter spray
sugar mixed with cinnamon , to taste

Preheat oven to 400, lightly spray tortillas with Pam then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar cut into 6 -8 pieces each bake 10 minutes cool , may store for several days
Unread 02-15-2008, 06:19 PM

sounds like you all have great ideas!
A friend of mine makes little nibbles out of sliced dill spear4s smeared with cream cheese and wrap ham slices around it and slice it into bites One thing i make everyone seems to like is cheesey bacon bits...
8- 0z cream cheese soft
1 -pkg bacon bits
2TBSP- finely chopped onion
about 1/2 cup dried cranberries
2- rolls cresent roll dough..
mix cheese, bacon bits and cranberrys, onion, spread
on unrolled dough press seems together, roll up long ways and slice pinwheel style and bake till brown.yummy
a good punch recipe is:
white grape juice, sprite or ginger ale (2lter)
Or pineapple juice
and strawberry sherbet. or instead of sherbet float strawberries.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register