I feel like a "Six Pack of crap" | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I feel like a "Six Pack of crap" I feel like a "Six Pack of crap"

Unread 02-12-2008, 04:46 PM
I feel like a "Six Pack of crap"

Ok... chauffeuring two kids to the rink for hockey and helping them get dressed, then sitting through two 1 hour games is not a good way to celebrate the 2 week post-op mark. Add to the fact that DH's snoring has been keeping me awake at night. I just need to SLEEP! Three more days of Flagyl and hopefully I will start to feel human again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2008, 05:03 PM

Tara -
I am so amazed by those of you who are taking care of families while going through this. You deserve a special award and I SOOOO wish that you were having the easiest recovery ever!!

Sitting through two hockey games???? That sounds really difficult and what a great mom you are to do that right now.

Sounds like you need to get some well earned rest - your body needs it. I can imagine that it will be wonderful for you to get rid of the Flagyl and hopefully things will improve from there!

Hang in there and take care of yourself!!!

And about that snoring DH - highly recommend sending him to the guest room :-)
Unread 02-12-2008, 09:41 PM

I can totally sympathize! I have 4 kids, 3 of which are doing Upward basketball and cheerleading ( and I am a cheerleader coach). I went 2 weeks post op too and started bleeding again. I ended up in bed for 2 days. I went back again (3 weeks now) and it was much easier. So there is hope! I will pray you feel better soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2008, 02:29 AM

Hiya
Wow you are amazing - I am 6 weeks post op and only starting to get back in the swing of things.

I was very lucky that my pil were staying with us over Christmas when the drama started. So they helped dh look after dd's while i was in hospital and then he took a week off work for the first week after the op. He has been a star and so have my parents since my pil went back to Scotland.

I know that I am very lucky and I hope that you get some rest time as you deserve some and need it in order to get better properly.

ballerina xx
Unread 02-13-2008, 06:26 AM

Hi Tara

Remember the mantra of the Hystersisters - Pamper the Princess! Taking the kids to hockey, getting them dressed and sitting on a hard bench in a cold hockey rink is a far stretch from the pampering environment of a comfy bed, sofa, or recliner with a blanket and a good book. You're still recovering from surgery. Not having an external incision makes it a little harder for people to justify that you're not all better, but your insides are still full of stitches and are busy doing plenty of healing. The last thing you want to do is set yourself back. Just sitting there in the rink for two hours can cause you pain and swelling that takes time to get back under control.

Have you talked to the kids' coach or another parent who might be able to take them to hockey for the next couple of weeks? I'm sure you would do it for someone else if they were in your shoes. I understand the whole idea of not wanting to miss seeing them play, but for this short period in time, your recovery period has to be about you. I'm assuming your husband didn't take them because of a conflict with work issues otherwise it would be his turn to take them. Kids are pretty resilient and if you can't get someone else to take them, you can tell them you just can't get them there for the next couple of games. They may not like it, and may even try to throw you into a guilt prison, but it's not always about everyone else, and we need to practice that. I hope you can find someone who can be helpful to you and give you a little more of that well deserved and necessary rest.

As for the snoring - I too sleep with a human chain saw. UGH! My husband uses Breathe Right strips that help immensely. You might want to have him try those, and for those nights when it's just not working, kick his rock concert nose out onto the couch where he can serenade himself in slumber while you get the sleep you need to heal.

Good luck!

Unread 02-13-2008, 06:44 AM

Hi Tara,
I hear ya', it is tough to get everyone else to put their lives on hold while the family organizer/care taker heals. My oldest has been grumbling about having to bum rides constantly and DH has had enough of violin lessons and orchestra practice. I've been home schooling from bed since the day I got home from the hospital, but at least I can do that while lying down. Everyone has been great, but they are getting sick of the only couple of meals DH knows how to cook and everyone is just plain burnt out on doing my jobs. The only good part for the kids is they know they have a fat allowance day coming, LOL.
Hang in there and maybe next time you can get someone else to at least keeps tabs on the little hockey players so you can go home for the 2 hours of game time.
Unread 02-13-2008, 07:09 AM

Tara,
I was so happy when my DS gave up hockey...Anyway, Is there anyone you can get to help out with that? I just can't imagine how sore you must be. I always feel like the cold in a rink is extra bone chilling.

My DH and Boxer-dog snore like buffalo. I bought some earplugs at WalMart called Hearos...they are great! For years I didn't use them because DH didn't hear the kids wake up, but once they got big enough to know to shake me if they need me, it was great!!! Give them a shot.

I hope you get some sleep!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register