One week post-op ~ when will I feel better? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

One week post-op ~ when will I feel better? One week post-op ~ when will I feel better?

Unread 02-13-2008, 05:00 AM
Hi I'm new

Hello hystersisters
Ive had TAH on feb 5 and am home 2 days.
I still have quite severe pain sometimes, when will I feel better? Im 39 and had breast cancer in 2001 and again in 2003 , I have the BRCA1 gene and in my case it gave me 60 % chance of developing ovarian cancer and I couldnt face the thought of going through that illness again.
Delighted I discovered this site.

poochieprincess
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2008, 12:42 PM
One week post-op ~ when will I feel better?

Welcome Poochie!
You've really been through it, haven't you? I think you've got a few more days of pain ahead of you. Do you have some painkillers to take? Try to take it easy and take pain pills when you can. I found that Motrin helps too, it seems to cut down on the swelling.
Unread 02-13-2008, 12:53 PM

Thanks BethP,
Very encouraging to hear that you well so quickly. i have painkillers to take but they dont relieve it fully. I live in Ireland so we have different names for drugs so I will try to find our name for Motrin. Thank you for your advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2008, 01:03 PM

It is Ibuprofin....our names are Motrin, Advil....
Unread 02-13-2008, 01:32 PM

Thanks again BethP. I think I have some ibuprofin. its great not to feel alone in all this.
Unread 02-13-2008, 01:34 PM

I know! The Sisters rule! I feel so fortunate to have found this site. Even though a lot of stuff doesn't pertain to me right now, I know I can help my friends and relatives when it is their turn to go through all this.
Unread 02-13-2008, 02:15 PM

HI Poochie, I had my TAH the day before you... and am still in some pain. The motrin or advil helps, but doesnt relieve it completely during the day, but i am still taking vicodin at night. I still have gas pains too, and nausea if im not careful with eating small meals and keeping something in my stomach. Its a pretty long recovery process, so relax and concentrate on doing good things for yourself. This is a great site!
Paula
Unread 02-14-2008, 04:44 AM

good morning BethP & Specs54,
Hope you feeling well today.
Im not feeling as weak today as previously. When I think about it, I did not come home from hospital with enough information . I probably would have phoned my Doctor a few times by now if I did not find this site. Im also craving sweet things to eat, must be the hormones going crazy.
Unread 02-14-2008, 06:23 AM

Good Morning Poochie, Glad you are feeling better today. I woke up with a little more pain this morning. I usually wake up around 2am and take another vicodin but did not do that this morning so i am assuming thats the reason. This is a great site, but please, call your Dr. if you have any concerns. I dont know how acessible they are in Ireland, but in the USA they are acessible, or at least their nurses are and can ask them any questions.
Enjoy your day!
Paula
Unread 02-14-2008, 07:04 AM

Good morning girls!
Poochie, I've got the sweet tooth too. I had hoped to lose some weight with this whole thing, but am too scared to hop on the scale and look. I guess one day at a time...I had DH stop buying pints of ice cream...I was eating them like crazy!

I'd have been a mess without this site. My doc didn't give me too much info either. But, I didn't ask much as I had learned so much here before I started.

Have a great day!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register