One week post-op ~ when will I feel better? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

One week post-op ~ when will I feel better? One week post-op ~ when will I feel better?

Unread 02-15-2008, 08:14 AM
One week post-op ~ when will I feel better?

Poochie, Ive had a lot of nausea. Saltine crackers and ginger ale have been a life saver, and eating small meals to keep something in my stomach has helped. It is is really severe , there are meds your Dr. can prescribe to help. I felt really tired yesterday, much better today. It seems i have a good day and then a not so good day. I guess thats how recovery works.
Enjoy your day!
Paula
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2008, 08:32 AM

Hello Poochie,
I have been feeling really tired as well. Believe me I understand the energy thing. Make sure you eat alittle something before you take your painkillers. Also peppermint candy works great for nausea. I hope this helps. Talk with you soon... Hope you feel better!!
Unread 02-15-2008, 12:04 PM

Nice to know that nausea seems to be normal. I have went from 158lbs to 145lbs. since my surgery 10 days ago. That's roughly a pound a day. I can be starving to death and take 2 bites of something and not be able to eat after that because of it. Makes it hard for the body to heal without the proper nutrition. Usually pain meds never cause me nausea unless it's morphine or a derivative of. Hope it passes soon so my body has ammo to heal with. Wish I could lose weight like that when I am normal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2008, 06:00 AM

Hello Sisters,
Hope you all feeling a little better today.
My nausea is fine today and wound is not as painful as yesterday. Also a bit easier getting in and out of bed. Maybe i'm turning a corner in this now.
Twilight, I hope your nausea is easing, ive tried the ginger ale and ginger cake and it definitely works. im probably not losing weight as im living on sweet stuff , i dont feel like ordinary food at all.
Unread 02-16-2008, 06:48 AM

Hi Sisters,
I had been thinking how weird I was because all I wanted to do the first week to 2 weeks after surgery was eat. It wasn't just sweets, it was everything.

I'm now 4 weeks post op and the weird thing is I have lost weight since surgery but my swelly belly makes me look like I've gained.

Hang in there, the cravings subside after a while. Good luck!
Unread 02-17-2008, 06:24 AM

Thanks Blair72
The tastebuds do seem to have gone a little crazy on some of us.
I still can not stand up totally straight but i do know that i have the dreaded swellybelly. Still too sore to care too much yet.
Unread 02-17-2008, 06:28 AM

Beth P,

WOW, i was shocked when I see you are from Cape Cod. I am a Cape Cod native now living in Europe. We are in the same boat I see, I had my hyst on the 31st and you a couple days before me. what a small world.
Unread 02-17-2008, 07:04 AM

Hi-by week 2 you will feel soooooo much better. They are right about the motrin. Keep walking-it really helped me to walk.
Unread 02-17-2008, 07:10 AM

:::::::::waving to Kalamario:::::::::::
Hi!!! I'm in Falmouth.
Unread 02-17-2008, 11:01 AM

Poochie, although I did not have a TAH I do know it gets better each day. I've had emergency abdominal surgery previously, and it was about 6 weeks before I began to feel "normal" again. Since you've bee through so much, you know you don't have to be stoic...use your pain meds and if you run out, ask for more! We don't need to earn a badge or prove anything to anyone...we just need to heal, comfortably! I too felt unprepared and my doctor did not give me enough information. This site is a blessing. I am glad you are here...hang in there!

Princess T

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register