Drowning in Sad - Mad and just UGH!!!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Drowning in Sad - Mad and just UGH!!!! Drowning in Sad - Mad and just UGH!!!!

Unread 02-14-2008, 08:21 AM
Drowning in Sad - Mad and just UGH!!!!

Once again ladies -

Thanks for the hugs and love. It really lifts my spirits. Loves to Run - thenks for the offers of help! Surfer babe - thanks for sharing your story. I feel so many of the same emotions. I think the loss of control over choosing what you do and what happens to you is hard for me. It's like I had no choice. I was septic and so they just said - surgery or you will die. I get that and I wanted to live. I love my life and my kids. But I didn' t want this. I didn't want lose my ovaries. I didn't want to have this huge incisions - hip to hip. I didn't wan't to lose so much time off work - again - and pay so much money I don't have. I think once I can gain control of my life and choices again I will feel better.

On the happy front - I am home now!! I was so happy to see my kids, my dog and sleep in my own bed! My best friend stayed with me last night and my family is coming today to stay for a few weeks to take care of me. My Dr let me know my recovery would be extra long becasue of al the adhesions and the extensive bowel surgery they had to do to get the abcsess's (2) and ovaries, appendix etc off of them. So I'm going to settle in and try to find what will make me happy in this down time. I going to enjoy my kids not going to day care for a month or so and just have them come home after school to be with me. That will be fun.

Thanks again.....to everyone.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2008, 08:26 AM

starbgirl - I am glad to see that you are home. You "sound" better already. Isn't it amazing what the comforts of home can do for us?

I am so glad that you you are back home and on your way to recovery. Congrats on being home.

Blessings on you and your family ....
Unread 02-14-2008, 08:45 AM

YAY StarbGirl!
Welcome home!!! Snuggle in and let your family help you, let the little things go and you'll do just fine. YAY!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2008, 08:01 PM

Ask your family for yummy ice cream and shakes cause you need the calcium!

HUGS and welcome home!
Unread 02-14-2008, 08:59 PM

Hey Starbgirl!!

I'm so happy you're home!! Yay.... you are now on the road to FULL recovery.

I have found chocolate makes me really happy. :-) You deserve to eat as much chocolate as you want to help with your recovery!! ;-)

I'm glad you are now in the comforts of your own home. I'm glad your best friend came to stay with you. Sounds like a true friend! Everything will work out! I'm just happy you are doing well now and the doctors were able to mend you. That is the most important!

Take care, and continue to let us know how you're doing. You continue to be in my prayers.

Take care!
Unread 02-15-2008, 07:26 AM

So glad to hear that you are home, like Dorothy said, "There's no place like HOME"!!!!! Here's to finding a comfortable spot with lots of chocolate as Loves to Run said and good movies and a warm, comfy blanket. Many prayers are with you for a peaceful and speedy recovery.
Unread 02-15-2008, 08:21 AM

Thanks Ladies!

I am going to eat and I love chocolate!! I started this journey in November weighing 112 lbs. Today I am 96, not done peeing out the IV fluids!!! Oh my!! The GOOD news is that last time after my surgery, I had NO appetite. Yesterday, my first day home this time, I was hungry all day. I got full easy, but I just kept snacking. I made a goal to try to gain as much of this weight back as possible before I go back to work. Last time I just could NOT gain no matter what I ate, but now I think it was because I was unknowingly fighting that infection so that is probably where the calories were going. Hopefully this time they will go to my butt!!

Here's to porking out

Starbgirl
Unread 02-15-2008, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbgirl
Thanks Ladies!

I am going to eat and I love chocolate!! I started this journey in November weighing 112 lbs. Today I am 96, not done peeing out the IV fluids!!!
Starbgirl
I think that I have 1 thigh that weighs more than you

Just kidding. I am so happy that you are home and you seem to be in great spirits. Keep up the great outlook and the healing is going to be a piece of cake.
Unread 02-15-2008, 08:54 AM

Hey StarbGirl,

I fully understand what you are feeling about the surgeries. I felt the same way when I was informed that I needed a LSH . I just had major spine surgery with 3 months off work and then major morphine detox and withdrawl (which almost killed me, really). I freaked over the aspect of haveing to take a narcotic and especially over a potential mistake of giving me morphine at the hospial. There was only eight months between the spine surgery and the LSH. I told my doctor that I did not want another operation after this one and to remove the ovaries also. The last 5 years have been from you know what so I really need to move on. It took me a month to quit freaking about the LSH. Now that it is over I am very glad with my discision. The hospital made no mistakes with narcotics, yea. Try to find one good thing and hang on to it when thing suck. I will be praying and thinking of you,

Kelly
Unread 02-15-2008, 09:44 AM

Allright Star I am happy you made it home! I went and had an ultrasound on the left side yesteerday for the stabbing pain I have been getting in the one ovary he left and my worse fear is it has taken over for the right and now has cysts and they are going to at 4 weeks recovery go in and take it out too. I asked the Dr if anything at al looked wrong with it to take it please I dont think he looked wanted to save me from menopause at 41 mind you I have been in pre-monopause for 2 years lol. My DR appt is on Monday hoping to get it all figured out. if they have to do another surgery I will be out for who knows how long another 6 weeks will take me though April I drive scool bus and hate taking time off as new driver have a tenency to ruin the hard work I do to get the respect of my high schoolers. They spoil them and let them get away with murder! I have not been in to work to see how things are going because I know everyone will think since I can drive to work I could drive my 40 foot bus. I am still driving my DH's Jeep because my car is a clutch! So with my hormones raging I again rant with you. Now to run an errand or two because I cant put them off and then back home for what I will know will be a long nap.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register