Drowning in Sad - Mad and just UGH!!!! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Drowning in Sad - Mad and just UGH!!!! Drowning in Sad - Mad and just UGH!!!!

Unread 02-15-2008, 09:44 AM
Drowning in Sad - Mad and just UGH!!!!

Hey there Starbgirl,

I will say chocolate HAS made me feel better. Someone gave me a box of chocolates while I was in the hospital. At that time, i couldn't eat them because my system was still waking up, and I was still only on an all liquid diet. plus, I had no appetite for chocoate yet. After i got home, it took until about day 4, i think, when suddenly those chocolates sounded good to me. So, I broke open the box and had one chocolate.... then had another... then another.... well.... and before I knew it, I had eaten SIX of them! (Normally, I'm the kind of person who is good will power and will only eat one or MAYBE two chocolates and call it good.... just enough to get my fix).

but, I kept telling myself that I have been through so much, so I deserve a "treat". :-) Well, those chocolates were gone within 3 days. I told my husband that I wanted him to buy me more chocoate because I have discovered that just eating a piece of chocolate when I'm in my "impatient modes" where I just want to fast-foward to 6 weeks right now and be fully recovered NOW.... I just pop a chocoate into my mouth, and call it my "reward" for going through what I'm going through. hee hee. So for me, lots of prayer and chocolate... that is how I'm making it through recovery.

So, I do think chocolate is theraputic.... of course, if you eat it within reason, and not go overboard. but, maybe this will help you gain some of those lbs. back. I also have lost weight since surgery, not as much as you. It is interesting how everyone's body reacts so differently to surgery.

You're doing great.... I have often thought that in a weird way, I wish I have had this surgery before so I KNOW what is normal or not normal. It's hard going through something for the first time because every little pain or ache I wonder if that is normal or not... but you're right... at least this time you KNOW what to expect, so you are one step ahead of me for sure!

hang in there. God will provide for you and take care of you and your children!!

Take care!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2008, 01:13 PM

Hi Starbgirl,
My surgery put me on a new path to reading novels. Now I read to escape from reality and I hate putting a book down! I love to cuddle up and just read, something I used to tell myself I couldn't find the time to do. With that excuse I'll never find the time, so I had to make the time to read. I don't think about being depressed or the mounting medical bills or whether I can afford my daughter's prom dress when I am off in another world of fantasy. A temporary escape can sure adjust your thinking and help you be more balanced. Allow yourself this little luxury and find your own quiet place if only for just an hour a day. My prayers are with you!
Unread 02-16-2008, 01:22 PM

i'm so glad to see that youre home. you have every right to have every emotion you're experiencing. you've been through so much..i hope its all good from now on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2008, 06:03 PM

Gregarious - I love to read. I think in a few days once I can stay off pain meds I will definitely indulge in that. I watched the movie Chicago today. I had never seen it so it was a nice distraction.

dressedupinblue - Thanks my friend. I appreciate what you said. sometimes right now I hate when someone says - Oh you'll be fine....blah....blah...blah. My best friend and I decided that this whole thing SUCKS!!! And if I want to shout that from the rooftops she will stand next to me and help me scream. And you know what - I really appreciated that!

As always you guys are the BEST and some of the only that truly understand.

Hugs,

Starbgirl
Unread 02-16-2008, 06:38 PM

Hey Starbgirl,

You have a great friend! that is awesome... I think you SHOULD shout from the rooftops and scream. :-)

You have been through the ringer, and you deserve to let off some steam for sure!

Hang in there. :-) I know for me, it's really hard for anyone who has never been through this sort of thing, or a major surgery to understand.... I agree, this site is awesome. I'm glad you can let us cheer you up, and you can also come here to vent and we all understand.

Now, go eat some ice cream or something....
Unread 02-16-2008, 07:11 PM

A big hug to you. I haven't had multiple surgeries, but just as I reached my 6 week "all clear" to resume normal activities after my TAH I fell off a chair and sustained a severe concussion when I hit my head on our oak living room floor. Three months later I'm still suffering from dizziness. If I move my head in certain ways, lie down, get up, bend forward, or watch something that is moving I suffer from dizzy spells, sometimes to the point where I feel like someone threw me into a tilt-a-whirl. I'm scared that this dizziness will never go away. What if it doesn't? And what if it gets worse, or moves from being motion-related to random? What if, God forbid, I have to have surgery to deal with the herniated discs that worsened from the fall? I hate the thought of having another operation after the TAH. All these things go through my mind freqeuntly. The only thing that has helped me is what helped when I was waiting to find out if I had a benign tumor: believing that whatever happens I will get through it. I have discovered just how strong I am after enduring all the medical issues I've had to put up with over the past year. And you are strong too and can handle whatever fate throws at you; the fact that you're here is proof of that. I know the future is scary when we have medical conditions but we have to draw on our inner woman to get through. Turn that fear into positive energy and determination. Remember: we are all more powerful than our problems.
Unread 02-16-2008, 08:04 PM

Thanks LTR and Celtic tigress -

As Christopher Robin says " Your braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think".....

I keep reminding myself of that

PS. LTR My same BF and her daughter made me chocolate chip cookies today. Yum!

Starbgirl
Unread 02-16-2008, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbgirl

PS. LTR My same BF and her daughter made me chocolate chip cookies today. Yum!

Starbgirl
Starbgirl, I had to laugh about your chocolate chip cookies because my best friend made me cookies for Christmas and when she called me post-op, I told her that the said I needed cookies to help with my recovery.

Let me just say that only a best friend would spend all morning baking and the drive 60 miles to bring cookies. And that is exactly what she did.

Enjoy your cookies. Mine certainly have helped me and I still have a few left.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register