2nd week post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2nd week post op 2nd week post op

Unread 02-13-2008, 04:30 PM
2nd week post op

Tomorrow is my 2 wk post op.. I actually feel worse this week than last. I get these annoying pains in my side (like someone sucker punched me).. Is this just part of the normal healing process.? I am careful not to overdo, I walk and I drink plenty of fluids. I have family coming from out of town this weekend and am seriously thinking of cancelling again... Ideas? Thanks ladies
Pattie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2008, 08:11 PM
2nd week post op

I am 2 week post-op today. I'm feeling pretty good. Notice a little soreness and some occasional pangs of pain. I'll be watching your thread so I can learn. I have good days and not so good days and get tired really easy.
Unread 02-13-2008, 08:31 PM
2nd week post op

PattieO,

I had that same pain. It did go away. I don't know what caused it. However, I have seen a number of postings regarding pain on one side or the other. Hopefully this is just a passing thing for you also. If not, don't hesitate to contact your Dr.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2008, 09:35 PM
2nd week post op

I am 4 weeks tommorrow for TAH?BSO and my 3rd weeks was actually worse than my 2nd week. of course i still had pain meds the 2nd week.. then that was it.. no more. I did have some sore pains on my left side. and an awful buring like a bad sunburn but inside my stomach.. the last few days I have been feeling better and am starting to feel good with just some tenderness. i still have swelling and soreness where the uterus was... everyone heals different also.
Unread 02-13-2008, 10:11 PM
2nd week post op

Hi Patti,

I see we share surgery dates.
I go in for my 2 week'r tomorrow as well.
be sure to ask your doctor about what you are feeling, I feel better but still fatigued and unfortunatly, the most walking I get done is around my small house as it is downright trecherous outside, windy, icy brrrrr!

IMO if you feel like cancelling visits by all means do!, this is YOUR time to heal up and get better
Unread 02-14-2008, 06:45 AM
2nd week post op

stellacat:
I know what that is like to have to walk in a small house...Just about the time I get going, I have to turn around... Not like the halls in the castle.
I want to see my family and I have already put them off for a week, but I just don't think they get how much I have gone thru. My mom is a breast cancer survivor, but her surgery was mostly external.. There is something about messing with the abdominal muscles that really takes its toll
Unread 02-14-2008, 09:03 AM
2nd week post op

I worked for a surgeon and was always curious about varius procedures, and he put up with my endless questions. The one thing that I could not get over was just how rough, I mean not gentle, these surgeons are. They cut, yank, push, clamp, pull, sqeeze on our bodies and that's just getting in!. It is no exageration that our bodies have been traumatized.

Although my recovery has been good for the most part, I cannot stop posting cause I remember how I felt. If I did not have this site to ask these questions, I would have just been nuts calling the doctor every day.

I hope you feel better soon,

bitterpill
Unread 02-14-2008, 09:27 AM
2nd week post op

Bitterpill:
Shortly before my surgery I watched a video on the DaVinci method of hyst. I was amazed at how packed in everything was... Had no idea the bladder/intestines, etc. lay so close with just membranes in between... I would have liked to see a video of my procedure... May have to go back to school and become a surgical nurse..Hah.
Thanks
Pattie
Unread 02-14-2008, 09:42 AM
2nd week post op

There are some videos on YouTube of hysterectomies. And you may find this interesting. Since you and I had uterine cancer, the surgeon most likely ran your bowels, which means he took them out and felt them to look for any abnormalities. Nice, huh? So some of what your may be feeling is your bowels moving into a natural place to lay since there is more room in there (once the trapped air from surgery subsides). Oy!! That is why we get the twinges and pain at the vaginal cuff too.

Here's to feeling better soon!

bitterpill
Unread 02-14-2008, 09:44 AM
2nd week post op

Unless you can get the relatives to wait on you hand and foot, you might consider cancelling them. Having a bunch of people in the house at one time is probably not going to contribute to the healing process. They should let you set your own time table for visitors, unless it's one person at a time. Don't feel bad about this, I wouldn't have wanted visitors two weeks postop, even though things went very well for me. If people are in your house, you're going to be feel obligated to entertain them, and it sounds as though you are not ready for this yet.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register