Alittle that my sex life won't be the same | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Alittle that my sex life won't be the same Alittle that my sex life won't be the same

Unread 07-21-2001, 09:24 AM
Alittle that my sex life won't be the same

I'm scared that my sex life is going to change after my surgery. I have heard that some woman lose thier sex drive or the don't lose it I'm just allittle worried and I hope I ain't the only woman feeling this Plus I'm scared of that weight gain that everybody says you you might gain I guess maybe I'm just thinking about all this cause my surgery is wedesday the 25th and i'm getting nervous and excited at the same time I just need some advice on all this stuff I feel now that the big day is getting near.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2001, 09:31 AM

Hello,

I also am having my surgery on the 25th and am anxious also. You did not mention what exactly your surgery will be. Are you having the ovaries removed or not? I am keeping my ovaries and my doctor said they will work right after surgery, so I was glad of that. If you are having them removed all my doctors say that HRT helps with this and also with bone density. Check it out with your doctor. I will be thinking of you on the 25th.

Jan
Unread 07-22-2001, 03:40 PM

Hi, Tonilee and Jan...

I'm not much of a veteran here (3 weeks post op), but I wanted to let you know that I'm 41 and lost both ovaries, and I can't wait for that 6-8 week time span (for no you-know-what) to pass -- DH, aka studmuffin, is looking better and better every day!

;-)

If you keep even one ovary, you should have no problem with sex drive (although I hear that sometimes right after surgery, the ovaries can get a little "angry" and may shut down for a short time). There are hormonal options out there for women who lose their drive after hysterectomy...the best person to ask is your doctor. I discussed my concerns with mine, and am quite confident that he and I together can solve any problems that might arise.

Hope this helps

BarbC
TAH/BSO/App
Endo/Adeno
6/25/01
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2001, 08:26 AM

Hi, well, I'm a veteran I guess. I kept both ovaries but they aren't working so I am on hormones. Sex for me has been better than it ever was. Sex drive is up, orgasms are great, etc. etc. I had a vaginal hysterectomy and I will say it wasn't until a month ago it didn't hurt a little anymore but it doesn't at all now.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register