Moving forward *warning* hubbies mentioned! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Moving forward *warning* hubbies mentioned! Moving forward *warning* hubbies mentioned!

Unread 02-14-2008, 01:35 PM
Moving forward *warning* hubbies mentioned!

Hi Stella,

I too read your post last night and slept on it last night as I thought to say anything would be walking into a landmine. Some very valid points have been made for you to consider but I ask that you read HRHrey post as she has spoken with peace from the heart, in such beautiful words for not only you but all of us.

Just remember we all try to care for each other in our own way and that all these ladies are trying to feel your pain while at the same time trying to embrace you as a person through this wonderful site.

Take care&hugs.............Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2008, 02:05 PM

Hi Stella and other interested Sisters....

I think it would be difficult to offer each other support without building trust. Part of building trust is explaining our current situations and a smidgen of our live experiences. Part of our life experiences are the people in our lives. Personally I value all the support and advice that I have been reading and getting. If a sister has a similar surgery date, surgery, family configuration or what ever, I feel that much closer and validated and understood.

I do understand what Stella is talking about a bit. I was in a Bible study where all the people knew each other for years and yakked on and on about people they knew, things they had attended together, etc. It felt very clique-ish, tho they did not mean for it to be. I did not let that bother me as I needed spiritual knowledge and I stayed with that group for at least 3 years getting the stuff I needed to know and then moved on. (I came to Christianity late in life.) Anyway the point I am making is that come get what you need in support about your hyst and skip the rest.

Continued success to you Stella in your recovery!

hiberbear
Unread 02-14-2008, 08:10 PM

A saying I took to heart from another group I am in:

"Identify, don't compare."

hugs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2008, 09:02 PM

Nicely summed up Arly...

We are all here for support...no matter who else we have in our lives...We are here because our sisters understand exactly what we are going through...Let's take care of each other girls!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register