Does anyone know when things shift down after surgery? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Does anyone know when things shift down after surgery? Does anyone know when things shift down after surgery?

Unread 02-14-2008, 10:48 AM
Does anyone know when things shift down after surgery?

Happy Valentines Day everyone! Perhaps I've had too much time off work to think about every little physical difference but yesterday I felt pressure under my rib cage and a kind of swelling in my upper abdomen above my belly button. Just felt different. I was wondering if perhaps everything is dropping to fill in the space after total hysterectomy. Has anyone experience this or do you know when that occurs?
Jill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2008, 11:51 AM

Hi nannabear

My experience was actually the opposite of yours. The pressure under my rib cage was relieved after surgery.

I'm not sure what you are feeling, but will pray that the pressure is relieved soon.

Blessings on you ....
Unread 02-14-2008, 11:57 AM

I have that! I can stand up sometimes and just feel like it's all dropping down. It's getting better now but it was very worrisome when it was happening. I hate all these weird feelings and will be so glad when I feel normal again!
Hang in there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2008, 12:40 PM

I think it is an adjustment... I have had pressure in that area also, it could be that there is still some swelling and I think having the tube down our throats during surgery my aggravate the hiatal valve that holds the stomach acid down... Again, just MHO.
Unread 02-14-2008, 02:09 PM

Hi Nannabear

Yes I feel this too and wondered the same, and yes it does feel different.
Unread 02-14-2008, 03:08 PM

H Nannabear,
I think things settle into their "new space" within the first week. (The more mobile we get.) The results of this might be pelvic pressure and that "different feeling". I never felt "things" moving through the bowels before like I do now. I'm also more regular (used to be 2 or 3 times a week, now everyday...TMI) and comfortable with BMs than I was in the past now that there is more room. How weird is that? Wishing all a healthy recovery!
Unread 02-14-2008, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schafr7
H Nannabear,
I think things settle into their "new space" within the first week. (The more mobile we get.) The results of this might be pelvic pressure and that "different feeling". I never felt "things" moving through the bowels before like I do now. I'm also more regular (used to be 2 or 3 times a week, now everyday...TMI) and comfortable with BMs than I was in the past now that there is more room. How weird is that? Wishing all a healthy recovery!
This definitely makes more sense now. I feel things moving through too.
Unread 02-14-2008, 07:24 PM

I have had pain and still have pain above my belly button and when I tell my GYN, he looks puzzled and goes onto the rest of the visit. I have mentioned it 3 times since Sept....?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register