All I do is cry!!! Help me | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

All I do is cry!!! Help me All I do is cry!!! Help me

Unread 02-14-2008, 12:00 PM
All I do is cry!!! Help me

Hello everyone!
I am alittle over 1 week post op from a TAH ( with the da vinci robot) along with a BSO as well. And last night and today all I want to do is cry. Is that just my hormone level or what? I have felt pretty good. Hardly no pain. And I am doing well. But all I want to do is cry. Some one please give me some advice.

Hugs to all,
Amanda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2008, 12:20 PM

Amanda,
What you are feeling is totally normal. ((hug)) Don't fight it, just cry. It does make you feel better afterwards. Many of us sisters have felt like you after our surgery. If for some reason, if you should feel worse, give your Dr a call.
This will pass Honest.
((hug))
L
Unread 02-14-2008, 12:50 PM

{{{{{Amanda}}}}}

I totally feel for you. I swear, I cried for about 5 hours on Monday (about 5 days post-op). It was horrible. For no real reason. My recovery is going well, I have enough support that I don't feel completely alone, but for some reason, everything made me cry and I was very pitiful.

Even now, a few days later, I feel like I am on the edge of crying a lot of the time. If I focus on little things that make me sad, or seem unfair, the tears just come in torrents. I have to force myself to think positive, to keep distracted, and to find joy in all of the little, and very good, things in my life.

Chin up girl - you are not alone and the sadness is part of the process. As hard as it seems when you are feeling really down, please pick up the phone and call someone - friend, relative, or post here - just like you did. It always feels better to talk through things.

My men friends are not as good at understanding this or being able to do or say the right things. I always feel better seeking comfort from women, and there is nothing like it!!

Each day of recovery will feel better and better. You will see. There are so many of us out here going through the same things and hopefully you can feel the love and caring coming your way!!

I just got back from a walk to the market down the street where i bought 4 bunches of flowers and arranged them myself. Happy Valentines to me!! They are so beautiful - spray roses, peach gerbera daisies, and some other flowers that I don't know what are called - all pink/peach/white. It is sitting here in front of me and so pretty!! I feel proud of myself for the adventure and having something beautiful in my life right now!!

Please keep us posted on how you are feeling - we want to help, and you are not alone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2008, 01:29 PM

I had and am having a good recovery, and have no regrets having this surgery. I stop and cry every now and then for no good reason, just cause I feel like it. It does not have to be hormonal. Mild depression/crying spells is a side effect to anesthesia. Sometimes we forget that not only are we healing from the physical surgical wounds (because we can see them), we need healing time from anesthesia too (up to 10-12 wks). It will get better!

Hope you feel better soon,

bitterpill
Unread 02-14-2008, 01:44 PM

Amanda:
You don't mention your age... had you gone thru menopause? I went thru a period like this a few years ago. Some that know me called it a depression, but never having had anything like that I say it was all hormonal... This surgery hasn't seemed to trigger the crying for me, but I think it is easier on those of us that have gone thru menopause naturally.
Can you have some HRT? If so, I recommend you see your doctor and try that.... Best of luck to you.
Pattie
Unread 02-14-2008, 04:26 PM

I also cry very easily. Commercials on tv, articles in the newspaper, you name it. This is normal per my doctor and she says it will last 3-6 months. Not a pleasant thing to look forward to. Hang in there. And cry if you feel like it, I do and I feel better afterwards.

Michelle

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register