Chills And Sweats, Low Body Temp | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Chills And Sweats, Low Body Temp Chills And Sweats, Low Body Temp

Unread 02-15-2008, 07:10 AM
Chills And Sweats, Low Body Temp

Dear Sisters,

I seem to only seek advice and not give any because I am new at all of this and I don't really have enough experience to give any advice yet.

I posted last week that I had to use a self cath and had some blood and felt really bad. My Dr. changed my antibiotic which has helped with the cath and not having blood, but I can't get over feeling good one minute and then freezing with goose bumps all over my body. I will literally have to get under a heating blanket to make them go away and then here come the sweats. I spoke to my Dr. about it and wasn't concerned because I am not running any fever, but my temp will be anywhere from 95 to 97.7. The highest it has gotten is 99.1, but at 96 I will be as cold as can be, but to touch my body I feel as if I am burning up with fever.

Any suggestions. My body doesn't exactly heal normally due to having Parkinson's Disease, it tends to be harder on my body, but over look that and still give me your opinion.

Thank you all so much for your help in the past!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2008, 07:54 AM

I have a normally low body temp too. It is hard to get docs and their staff to understand that 97 is normal for me and 99 is a raging fever. It sounds to me like you are still fighting an infection, but that is not to say the antibiotics aren't working, they many just need more time. Underlying chronic health issues really complicate recovery. I'm dealing with auto-immune diseases and the throws everything off.
I hope you get to feeling better soon,
Unread 02-15-2008, 08:06 AM

I agree with Snowy Owl. I have a low normal temp too so 99 feels awful to me. the other thing is if you are taking any pain meds, tylenol or ibuprofen that can be masking a fever that you do have.

I would let your Dr know that these feelings are very uncomfortable and not normal for you.

Good Luck,

Starbgirl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2008, 08:17 AM

I too carry a very low body temp and when I had a 99.1 temp, the chills and generally felt bad I called in right away. But when the nurse asked me what my temp was...I had to fib because I didn't want her to second guess me. Thankfully I listened to my own body and was right on about the infection! Hang in there...hope you feel better soon!
Unread 02-15-2008, 08:31 AM

Thank you. I am so glad to hear that I am not crazy having a low body temp. I have tried to tell the doctor and they just don't care until it is at least 101. I even had the nurse laugh at me when I told her my temp.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register