Support and Prayers Needed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Support and Prayers Needed Support and Prayers Needed

Unread 02-15-2008, 12:26 PM
Support and Prayers Needed

To All My Hystersisters,

First of all I want all of you to know that I pray for all of you each and every day and I hope you are on the road to recovery and healing.
I feeling very sad right now and am trying to keeping pushing forward. I have an incredibly supportive husband and family and am very lucky and blessed. I had my original TLH/BSO with the DaVinci Robot on 1/18/08. The doctors were pleased at how well the surgery went and the fact that they didn't have to do a bowel resection but instead used the robot to shave the Endometrioma they found off my bowel wall. I ended up being released from the hospital the very next day 1/19/08. Well I get home and everything was going well until I woke up on 1/21 feeling very nauteous. My husband and my mom who was staying with us at the time tried everything, medication, etc, and my fever spiked to 103 degrees and I started to have this severe pain on the left side that felt like something burst. I started vomiting and couldn't stop. They called 911 and I was on my way in the ambulance to the hospital again. My husband and I waited all night while they ran chest xrays and CT scans. It turned out that I didn't have enough blood around the colon when they shaved the Endometrioma off the wall, so I started leaking in two places and went septic. They performed another surgery on 1/22 in which at the time they diverted the bowels leaving me with a Coloscopy bag and they had to get to the infection and clean it out so they made a 8 inch cut thru my abdomen. To make a long story short, they waited a week to perform another chest xray and CT scan, in which I developed an infusion. One of the doctors actually went in to try to drain out the fluid with no ultrasound guidance. I could feel them jabbing the tube in my side. I ended up with three drain tubes in my body, one of which was very thick because of the consistency of the infection that was coming out of my body. When they put one of the tubes in, my left lung colapsed and went into shock so I was put on 100% oxygen for awhile. My husband and my mom had to go thru the hell of thinking I might not make it thru at that point. I was in the hospital for two weeks while they got the infection under control. I got home and then we had another scare on 2/8 where I started spiking a fever again and vomiting. We went back in and they did chest x rays again and it turned out I still had a small pocket of infection on the left side so they pumped me full of antibiotics and released me the next day. I have been home since then trying to take it one day at a time and make sense of all this. I'm stuck now with the open wound which my husband does a wet to dry dressing on twice a day and a coloscopy bag. I have to wait until March 18th to go in for a Barium to see if they colon has repaired itself so they can reverse the coloscopy bag. I'm very thankful to be alive and with my husband at home, I'm just scared to death. I still face yet another surgery to reverse the coloscopy and 3 to 5 days after that in the hospital plus recovery time. Any kind words or advice you could offer me, would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure there are lots of you out there who have faced set backs. I'm trying to wean myself off the pain meds now but it's hard.

Thanks for listening,
Rachael
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2008, 12:36 PM

Dear Rachael
Bless your heart! I sit here on my little pitty potty because of little small complications I have had and then read what you have gone through and realize I have gone through NOTHING compared to you.
I will be praying for you and remember to just be strong. Philippians 4:13 says I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me! Remember it doesn't say one or two things but ALL things!
My prayer is that God will keep his protective, guiding, directive, HEALING hand upon you and your family. Please keep us informed of your recovery.
Katrina
Unread 02-15-2008, 01:00 PM

Rachel,

My heart and prayers go out to you and your family. My husband and I have been through trial and tribulations over the last 3 years. I was dx with Parkinson's disease, had melanoma, tumor on spine, ended up with spinal meningitis and stayed in the hospital for 2 weeks hallucinating and came home with a pec line and had to 2 rounds of antibiotics twice a day through this line. I thought it was finally over and then my pap's were coming back abnormal and I just recently had a TVH. The only way I am able to cope with what has happended and that I know God has a plan for us and that is hard to see when you are so sick. I dry heave nearly every day of my life and nothing ever comes up, I have to self cath probably for the rest of my life, but that is okay, because I have learned that there are others around me that are get strength from seeing the way I handle every situation life throws us. I keep my faith and my head up and always remind myself of how much worse it could be. I know you are scared and you have a right to be, but keep your faith and talk to the Lord. I have a one on one relationship with him. He may not answer you in the way you want him to, but he will take care of it in his way. I know you think I am crazy for telling you this, but it comes from the bottom of my heart; and as I tell you this, I cry with empathy, sympathy, compassion and love. I will pray for you and your family. You will get through this!!! Please know how much you have touched my heart and that I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

In Christrian Love,

Cang
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2008, 01:37 PM

Rachael

First and foremost, I am sorry that you have gone through all of these things.

Advice - I have very little and at the same time alot. I would have told you to pray. But if you are praying for us, then I know that you are praying for yourself. So my advice would be to continue to pray.

This site has given me the opportunity to really grow in my faith. I have always relied on prayer and as I witness amazing changes in the lives of sisters, I know that prayer works and GOD is so good to us.

I do want to share this with you. My dad had colon cancer and had a complete ileostomy in the '60's - while it was experimental. We had always been taught to pray. And we did. And he came through that victoriously, He had a bag for the next 30 years (until he passed). It was hard for him, but we always celebrated that fact that he was alive.

I KNOW that prayer changes situations and I will stand in intercession for you and your family.

GOD how I thank you for my sister - Rachael - and her family. I thank you because she is clearly a women of faith. She prays and has asked for prayer. I stand in intercession for this women who does the same for all of us. GOD, please guide the hands, minds, and hearts of every medical professional that comes in contact with her. Continue to bless her family with the paitence and vision to see when she needs help. Wrap your loving arms of protection around them. I know that you are the GREAT PHYSICIAN and can heal her and restore her. I rebuke satan - In YOUR Name. When satan begins to attack her and makes her question her faith, I am asking you to bind him. I know that you are going to see Rachael through this - so I claim victory right now. In the Matchless Name of JESUS. Amen. Amen. Amen
Unread 02-15-2008, 02:10 PM

Rachael
I'm sending lots of hugs & prayers your way! Please know that you are not alone, we are all thinking of you!
Unread 02-15-2008, 02:34 PM

Havaheart66 - Thank you so much for your kind words. I pray that your complications will end soon. Trust me, I don't consider myself going thru anything more than anyone else here. I know we have all been thru the ringer in one way or another. I wil keep your words close to my heart.

Cang - I feel so horrible bringing up my complications when you have so many things to deal with that are far worse. You sound like an incredibly courageous and strong woman. Your story inspires me to be thankful for everything. Thank you for keeping me in your prayers as I will keep you in mine. Please stay strong.

Love,
Rachael
Unread 02-15-2008, 02:35 PM

Rachael,

Oh my girl - I feel your pain!! I had my oringinal TVH on 11/6. After I was released I was back in the castle again 48 hrs later with my first complication. Then I got a vaginal cuff infection. Antibiotics and multiple CT scans later I thought I was over it and I was happily resuming my life. Fast forward to 2/5 when I suddenly and rapidly fell very ill. I was hospitalized, septic from what turned out to be 2 huge abdominal abcesses. I had another major surgery 8 days ago this time with a hip to hip incision to remove the abcesses, my tubes, ovaries and my appendix. I also had extensive bowel repair and two blood tranfusions as the whole mess was adhered to my bowels. I am just home now starting my second recovery.

I know exactly how you feel and I am so sorry for what you are going through. I understand the fear of every twinge and what if something else goes wrong.

I will keep you in my prayers and hope for you that you are on the other side of this.

Hugs & prayers,

Starbgirl
Unread 02-15-2008, 02:47 PM

To all who have responded to Rachael
Thanks to all for such powerful witness to the Greatness and mercy of our God.
I am moved by all of your stories/prayers/ use of the word of the Lord to comfort and encourage one another. So li deo Gloria! To God belongs the glory.
God bless
Nina
Unread 02-15-2008, 02:48 PM

iguanagal - Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers

Renee - Yes, I do pray and believe in the power of it. I can't thank you enough for your prayer. I'm sorry that your dad had that experience but you are right, I'm just thankful to be alive no matter what shape I'm in. My grandmother has Colon cancer as well and had to have a temporary coloscopy. At least I have her to talk to when I have questions or worries. I see that you had your surgery really close to mine. I pray that you are recovering as well.

Starbgirl - Your story is so similar to mine. I'm so sorry you have had to go thru what you have. It is nice to hear from someone going thru the same things though. I get frustrated that my body wasn't strong enough to fight off the infection but I'm slowly realizing that it has been thru a lot and is handling things the way it has to. I had a nurse tell me this week that I have a low tolerance for pain. She treated me so horribly. She told me that I'm not walking enough, that I take to much pain meds, etc. My husband was so upset that I let her get to me. Obviously, she has never walked a step in any of our shoes and that why she can't relate. I wish you all the best and I'm praying that you have no further set backs. If you ever need to talk, please email me.
Unread 02-15-2008, 03:02 PM

Rachel,

Please don't feel that way about me. I am truly blessed and my heart goes out to all of you and Starbgirl as well. I am glad you both have similiar stories. It always helsp when someone has been through what you are going through and you can lean on each other. I will continue to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Cang

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register