cyst on ovary, anyone else? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

cyst on ovary, anyone else? cyst on ovary, anyone else?

Unread 02-15-2008, 02:33 PM
cyst on ovary, anyone else?

Had a CT scan due to elevated white blood cell count and low left pelvic pain. Found 3.6 cm cyst on L ovary. I am hoping that it will dissolve.

I have been through so much with this surgery. I am weary.

Has anyone had a similar experience?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2008, 02:39 PM

belljbug -

What does your Dr say is the next step? How will they treat the high white count? I sure hope everything is ok. I would stay SO close to anything that looks like an infection. Mine didn't turn out so well.

I'll pray for you,

Starbgirl
Unread 02-15-2008, 02:47 PM

I started a very strong antibiotic. My white cell count is 15 anthing above 10 is considered elevated. Did you have a cyst or elevated white cell count? Or both.
If you dont mind sharing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2008, 03:10 PM

Well,

I had a vaginal cuff infection. During the CT's for that my left ovary was noted and there was fluid in my abdomen. It does turn out months after my original infection that we all thought was cleared that it was not. I had 2 abdominal abcesses the larger one encompassing my left ovary. I also had an elevated white count. I just had a second major surgery to repair the whole mess. I have the Drowning in sad mad thread if you want to read the whole messy story.

Just keep an eye on it and make sure it all clears. I know I'm extra sensitive to this right now, but I don't want anyone to go through what I just went through - ever.

Hugs,

Starbgirl
Unread 02-15-2008, 03:37 PM

Yes, I have a cyst on my L ovary as well as what the doc thinks is more endo. I will be having the last ovary removed, as this is a chronic situation for me.

I wish you luck! Hope all goes well for you
Unread 02-15-2008, 04:20 PM

I have a 3.7cm cyst on my right ovary, which I guess we aren't going to do anything about. My ultrasound was a month ago, but I would swear instead of shrinking, it's getting bigger. It causes me more and more pain everyday. Gyn said he would take care of it if it didn't go away, but primary doc won't let us do anything because I'm on coumadin till October. If I have a surgery, then he'll have to stop the coumadin, and he doesn't want to do that unless it becomes a major issue. He knows it's very uncomfortable for me, but it's not bringing me to tears or anything. If it gets too big, then we won't have a choice but to remove it. I swear, every time I go to the doctor now, we find another problem. First the hysterectomy, then the PE, then the cyst, now a B12 deficiency. Taking suppliments for that, and if it doesn't work will have to resort to the shots once a week. What a wonderful life.
Unread 02-15-2008, 04:31 PM

Sweetbeetel -

I feel the same way. They just keep finding things wrong. Hugs for you and I pray for you relief from the pain and no more surgery.

Starbgirl
Unread 02-15-2008, 07:05 PM

I just went in yesterday to have an ultrasound as I am feeling like a knife in my left ovary. if it has a cyst I am going to insist he remove it lol I told him when he wanted to keep it if it looked like anything was wrong with it I want it out. I do not want to continue this pain when I am supposed to be better! and of course seeeing people going back in 1 year or 6 months. I want it done with I am looking forward to this summer with no reason to not wear a swimsuit!Maybe even a bikini
Unread 02-15-2008, 07:34 PM

I have a 5.0 x 5.1 cm complex cyst that looks like it hemorrhaged into itself on my right ovary. I had an ultrasound a couple of weeks ago. It has taken me forever to get the results and find out what the dr. thinks. The nurse called me back this morning and said he said dont worry about it. Well easy for him to say my right side has been hurting for months! The pain is in my lower right pelvis and it radiates into my hip and up into my rib cage. It burns down into my hip really bad at times. There are times when I have a lot of pressure and my incision feels like it is going to pop open and it has been healed for a long time. I also feel like something is pushing up under my right rib cage. But my dr. acts like everything is no big deal.
Unread 02-15-2008, 07:54 PM

Hi Ladies,

I too had several ovarian cysts on my right ovary. Unfortunately, my cysts never dissolved. So, when it came down to making the decision about what to do, I said take everything out while I am under. It is so worth it. I just didn't want to have cancer 20 years later from this.

I am just so very grateful I made the right decision for me. I think if you are having issues with drs about deciding what to do, get another opinion. I suffered wayyyyyy toooo long for tooo many years. And I am talking about pain (on a scale of 1 to 10 I was over 10). And my drs never listened to me. Heck, they never even cared enough to write it down on in my patient records! But yet they had me have ultrasounds and sonograms. Go figure. It just sounds like someone was covering their butts.

Be good to yourselves and get 2nd and 3rd opinions. It doesn't hurt. If your body is causing you pain, only you can verbalize this. And if your dr is ignoring this, get another dr.

You don't want to be in a position like I was with pain issues, and having blood running down my leg when I was in the grocery store, or having to have my front car seat replaced because of blood stains. My front car seat looks like someone was shot dead and just bled all over it. It is just that bad.

I so know how the drs can be (esp. the male drs). It really is sad.

I wish you all luck in this.

Blessings all around!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register