cyst on ovary, anyone else? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

cyst on ovary, anyone else? cyst on ovary, anyone else?

Unread 02-16-2008, 07:21 AM
cyst on ovary, anyone else?

I also wish you the best of luck in this!

I know from the first ob I saw, to make a long story short, he was not a good one. Anyway, the test he did on my ovaries showed several cysts on both ovaries, and my current gyn hadn't planned on taking them out unless he thought they needed to be. Only one was taken out.

Question? could I have insisted that both be taken out because of all the cysts on both and only one being removed.
I also have a very high risk for ovarian cancer to do my high risk for breast cancer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2008, 08:38 AM

I had a pelvic ultrasound a few weeks back due to abdominal pain and they found a 3cm cyst on my left ovary. They said it should dissolve away on its own. I have another ultrasound scheduled for March to check it out.
No one has checked my white count so I can't relate to that. I am dealing with a rectocele and this is no fun. Hope all clears up for you. Jo
Unread 02-16-2008, 08:49 AM

My ovarian cyst ruptured and caused an internal infection...both ovaries and tubes infected, as well as the free fluid in my abdomen...is what led to my ? of cancer and ultimately my hysterectomy. Lost everything in that surgery.Feeling pretty good now, but still having some left sided pain occasionally...sometimes makes me a little nervous. No fevers though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-16-2008, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpapc
My ovarian cyst ruptured and caused an internal infection...both ovaries and tubes infected, as well as the free fluid in my abdomen...is what led to my ? of cancer and ultimately my hysterectomy. Lost everything in that surgery.Feeling pretty good now, but still having some left sided pain occasionally...sometimes makes me a little nervous. No fevers though.
I'm curious, but how bad was it when it ruptured? I've heard some say a day of rest then the pain was gone, and some that bolted for the ER in tears. I'm just wondering, and wanting to prepare if thats something that may happen.
Unread 02-17-2008, 07:03 AM

Hi
I don't think I knew that it had ruptured originally. I had fever and belly pain for a few days..thought I had the flu. When I wasn't getting better a friend of mine said, 'If this was one of your kids you would have already been to the doctors'. She was right, so I called. He thought it was the flu, but said come in. Exam showed what he thought to be diverticulitis and sent me immediately to CTscan. From there to the ER when they found a large mass on the ovary...thinking cancer. So for me if wasn't horrible pain, I could sleep through it and go about a slowed week.
Looking back, I can remember sitting at my daughter's soccer tournament and feeling a stabbing pain, and then almost a pulsing sensation...but again not horrible.
Good luck
Unread 02-17-2008, 07:14 AM

After my daughter was born I had a bout of pain from what they told me was an ovarian cyst. I had mild cramping that got worse and I thought it was my appendix. We were living on a northern native reserve and it was a good hour drive into the hospital. A friend drove me in and on the way the cramping subsided and it was just achey and sore in the tummy. They examined me there and said I had had an ovarian cyst and sent me home.
So the pain must vary from individual to individual. I know that ovulation is a crampy pain for me. Hope that helps, Jo

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register