New with HORRIBLE pressure pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New with HORRIBLE pressure pain New with HORRIBLE pressure pain

Unread 02-15-2008, 02:31 PM
New with HORRIBLE pressure pain

I'm a new member and was wondering if anyone has had this experience ??? I had a LAVH on 1/22/08. Still have the ovaries! My concern is, the pain that along with endo. was the reason for my surgery, is still with me! I have HORRIBLE pressure pain in the "cul-de-sac" area. It hurts to sit or if I lean to hard on a surface etc. At my first check up my Gyno. said not to worry that I am still healing, but I am sooooo upset about it! Would love to hear from someone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2008, 03:43 PM

I had a horrible pressure too and it turned out it was a bladder infection and I was having awful bladder spasms. They sort of felt like contractions and hurt very bad. They gave me something called Pyridium for the spasms which really helped. You may want to call your Dr and mention how bad the pressure is.
Good luck and praying that you have a speedy recovery.
Katrina
Unread 02-15-2008, 04:18 PM

Where is this cul-de-sac area.. front, side, etc... I have heard of it, but didn't know you could feel the area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2008, 05:39 PM

I'm only 11 days post-op, so i'm not as far along as you. But, I also have a lot of pressure. My pressure is in my lower abdomen area. I think for me, it has to do with my bowels. I've been having a terrible time getting my bowels to work really well.

for me, it also hurts to sit up. I can sit up, but I have to make sure I'm sitting at a 45 degree angle. It really irritates my whole abdomen to sit up right in a chair. and, I can't even imagine leaning against something right now... meaning leaning my abdomen against something.

But, I do have a LOT of pressure... it really is annoying. I'm still on pain meds, and I think part of my pain is this pressure.. but, like I said, I truly think a lot of my pressure is due to my bowels because I'm still having some digestive issues. ugh.

anyway, I know I'm not as far along as you in my recovery, so maybe my pressure is for different reasons since I'm newly post-op. But, I just wanted to let you know that I also have terrible pressure.

I hope you can figure it out!!
Unread 02-16-2008, 10:15 AM

Thanks for the reply!
The cul-de-sac area is the Rectouterine Pouch, an extension of the peritoneal cavity, between the rectum and back wall of the uterus. I have had this pain FOREVER and was told that it was due to the endometrious I had, So in June of 07, had the D&C, and Lap to remove it...Continued to have pain, so the only cure my Gyno. said was to have the Hysterectomy. Did that and now I am feeling the same pain. He told me not to worry, that I'm still healing,(SOOO CONFUSING!) but I just feel "UN- FIXED", and left wondering if this Major surgery was for nothing!???

Anyway, thanks for asking. It looks like not many are having this trouble, (glad about that!) Feel isolated

I hope ALL goes well for you and you start feeling lots better
Hang In There!.....Thanks again!
Unread 02-16-2008, 10:37 AM

If It's any consolation, I can relate, but for different reasons. I had appendicitis as well as all my uterus problems (adenomyosis and fibroids). I had very painful periods as well as radiating pain all month long (which now we all believe was the appendicits). Anyway, there are some days right now where I feel no different than I did when I was either on my period, or during my "bad" days during the month. There are some days during recovery where I swear I'm getting that exact same radiating pain I had all month long... I talked to my dr. about it, and he said this is the healing going on, and it's normal to feel pain this early. He told me that everything came out that was causing pain, and he assured me that this WOULD go away.

So, I so feel for you because I'm there, too. There are times I wonder, "did they actually take it all out?" haha. but, I DO know they took out my uterus because last week I should have had a period, but that was really awesome.... NO period and NO bleeding!!!!! So, just that alone made all of this SOOOOOOOOOOO worth it.

I KNOW there is a light at the end of the tunnel and I know that I just need to be patient. Our bodies do not heal over night, no matter how fit and in shape you are (I'm very fit and very much in shape). So, I'm just trying to be patient.

I did make progress last night, though. I took a Percocit at 1AM. Then, slept straight till 6 AM.... first time I've done that since surgery, and I woke up, but was still really tired. I didn't feel like I was in "pain", but just really achy, so instead, I took a prescription Ibuprofin and no Percocit (even though I was technicallly due for one), and I fell back asleep. I woke up at 8:45 AM and was amazed I made it from 1 AM-8:45 AM without a second Percocit and only an Ibuprofin..

Although, now that I've been up and around, I am feeling the pain to set in, so I don't think I'm OFF Percocit, BUT I think I'm slowly getting there. I'm approaching my 2-week mark on Monday, and I just never dreamt I'd be on Percocit this long.... but I guess everyone has different levels of pain and handles their pain differently. I know I shouldn't say this, but sometimes I feel really wimpy that I'm still on pain meds because there are some women here on this board who can get off pain meds by day 5 of their surgery. But, I know I should not feel that way because we are all different, and we all had different surgeries (even though we all had our uterus' removed, but all removed differently, and had extra things done, too). But, I just feel kind of wimpy sometimes that I'm still on pain meds... ugh! Oh well.... I know it's for the best. :-)

I know I'll get better soon, and Purplechatter, I KNOW you will, too!! I think it just takes a lot of time, especially for those who had a lot done to remove the pain (like getting rid of Endo, and things like that). So, hang in there!! I know there is a corner to turn soon!

Take care!!
Unread 02-16-2008, 10:37 AM

yep, i had that feeling when i sat down etc., and cramps, spasms. then sex started to hurt more, not less. then, turned out to be a polyp growing on the vaginal cuff. the gyno removed it on monday, and i've been using an antibiotc vag. cream. and, a couple of days after, it felt HEAPS better. at long last. just hope the thing doesn't grow back..........fingers crossed.......gee.
Unread 02-16-2008, 12:51 PM

Purple chatter:
I was questioning about the cul-de-sac, cause when they did my pelvic wash, they said there was malignant cells in the wash from the cul-de-sac. It is my understanding that there is one in front of the uterus also, which seems to be where most of my pain is now.. Could still be bladder spasms.
Genevieve:
I sure hope my polyp is gone... I guess it was actually growing from the endocervical canal and out the cervix.. I had it removed twice by other gynes but it kept coming back.. Hopefully now that the stump is gone, I won't see it again.
Unread 02-17-2008, 08:45 AM

hey pattie - when you say they've removed the "stump" what does that mean? and what did it entail? gives me the heeby-jeebies, just thinking about it ! !
Unread 02-17-2008, 11:40 AM

Loves To Run,

Thanks for sharing! I know things Will get better!... Don't beat yourself up about the pain meds. I to am a fit and healthy woman and this has been a shock for me also!... They aren't kidding, this is a MAJOR deal and we need to take the time to heal properly. If I had a dollar for every female that has told me to take it slow and let myself heal, I would be rolling in it!!!! Why is it so hard for us to sit back and let others "DO" for us??!!!

Take care of YOU and hang in there it does get better!

Purplechatter

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register