increase in breast size??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

increase in breast size??? increase in breast size???

Unread 02-17-2008, 04:36 PM
increase in breast size???

I'm serious, Has anyone else increased in breast size? I had my TAH in late October of 07 and I had to today go buy new bra's, i went from a b cup to a c cup which is exciting since I'm 5'5 and 128 lbs so i'm very small framed. But has anyone else experienced this?

Terry
TAH with moderate Endemotris with bladder injury during surgery on 10/23/07
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2008, 04:59 PM

My family has a history of going up a cup size with menopause. I don't know if there's any scientific data to back that up. Both my aunts have larger breasts with menopause. One aunt had a breast reduction 25 years ago and she's now back to the same size. My breast went up a cup size after my kids were born. If they go up again in menopause...I don't know what I'll do. I'm in a DD cup already; I'll have to get them license plates!
Unread 02-17-2008, 05:00 PM

Hi there Terry

Uuuuumm, this has not happened to me - yet. I say yet because I'm only 5 weeks post-op from a TAH and one never knows.

I am actually thinking that my bras are fitting better, but I've also lost 25 lbs. Going up is not on my agenda, since I am already in a D. I mean really Terry, where would I go from there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2008, 05:01 PM

Okay, give it up...how did you lose 25 pounds? I need to lose 20. I work out...but nothing. I'm hoping the estrogen replacement will help!
Unread 02-17-2008, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschuman69
Okay, give it up...how did you lose 25 pounds? I need to lose 20. I work out...but nothing. I'm hoping the estrogen replacement will help!
Well, here's the story.

Start with a plus size Hyster Sister (who has never met a steak or potato that she didn't like)

Add fear of constipation (so she starts eating all this healthy stuff - seriously, pre-op - I only ate veggies a couple of times a week. But post-op, I had veggies as the major portion of lunch and dinner. And I have had no red meat since January 9th)

Add several tours of the house (I had to keep my foley catheter for 18 days because my bladder got nicked and needed to heal).

Add a few sessions on the

And you have a new and improved, healthier me.

Seriously, this is what it's been like for me. That's why I said that I haven't experienced the breast size increase yet, because with me, you never know. My mom experienced an increase when she hit menopause (no surgery for her - ever), so it could happen to me.
Unread 02-17-2008, 05:23 PM

mine went the opposite way, they shrunk :-((
Unread 02-17-2008, 05:24 PM

I haven't noticed any increase from surgery, but about a year ago I started taking Evening Primrose oil for PMS that was causing my chest to be so sore I couldn't hug anyone for a week each month. It worked like charm when I coupled it with Vit. E. I had no idea it was the main ingredient in all the breast enhancement things on the market so it was a real surprise to suddenly need to buy new bras! Of course, I was thrilled because I went from an A to a B I figure I've been low on hormones for a decade or two, because I finally have my teenage bust back!
Unread 02-17-2008, 05:28 PM

Sorry Pam. Give me your address and I'll mail some of mine over. Isn't it fun being a woman.
Unread 02-17-2008, 07:08 PM

Renee, you crack me up!! I'm glad however to know that I'm not imagining this bust increase, it's exciting to me because my nickname in my family growing up was always Tiny T. I told them all over dinner last night, I might still be built small but I need a new name for the bust line ROFL. Well they all got laughing because I'm the smallest framed and busted in the family. It was so exciting to buy new bras today
Unread 02-17-2008, 07:12 PM

Wow your bladder got nicked too. SO DID MINE, I now have to take Detrol LA because I contantly leaked and it hurt to pee, yet there was no infection. It wasn't so bad having the pee bag. I could drink and drink and drink and only get up to empty every few hours or so, but when it came out the getting up due to my smiley face incision hurt so much that I cut back on my intake and dehydrated which was not good. My bladder was attached to the cervic due to the last C-Section in 1998.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register