Monday Morning, 18 Feb | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > B.E.S.T.-(Better Eaters Support Team)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Monday Morning, 18 Feb Monday Morning, 18 Feb

Unread 02-18-2008, 12:41 AM
Wink - Monday Morning, 18 Feb Monday Morning, 18 Feb

Morning!

It's here this morning, extremely frosty and when DH went out to work this morning, I slammed the door behind him quickly!

Breakfast ~ muesli w/natural yoghurt
Lunch ~ out for lunch for my friend's birthday, I promise to do my best!
Dinner ~ might as well eat DDs chicken dinner plated up from yesterday!

Billy had 2 walkies yesterday, I'll try and do him 2 walkies today

I'm off work this week, doc signed me off for a week, my wbc and rbc are both well down, I don't understand the red blood count being down though, the white, yes, I've been feeling a little low for a while, but I eat plenty of the foods rich in iron any ideas??

I plan to sleep a lot this week anyway, sleep is free meds isn't it??

Off to get this morning started! Have a great day y'all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2008, 05:20 AM
Monday Morning, 18 Feb

Morning Fran and Hi's to all who pop in today...

Weigh-in today shows a 1 lb loss -- so that's a 8.5 loss since January -- 10.5 since mid Dec. The BEST benefit of the weight loss is that my lower back feels much better. It's probably a combination of extra movement & weight loss... but, it's truly making a difference

Today--

B - kashi cereal w/ soy milk
S - banana
L - ham and cheese w/ mustard on whole wheat bread
S - cantaloupe/pineapple mix
D - ?? not sure what I'll cook yet
S - apple or orange

Exercise -- walking the dogs w/ DH (depending on the weather) and/or 30 mins on the

Nancy... hope you had a wonderful weekend away -- it's a beautiful lodge!!

Melissa... How's the today?? Poor little guys.

Barri... please share the picture(s) of your new little girl if she decides to pose for the camera.

Fran... hoping you feel better this week!!

Ok... off to get this week going!! Hi's to all!
Unread 02-18-2008, 05:28 AM
Monday Morning, 18 Feb

Can you guess, it's hot and humid here still.

Today I went to pay my telephone bill on my bike. Good exercise but I did get really really hot on the way home and had to sit down and cool off.

Here's what I found from the eating well site from the UK government

"Absorbing iron
It's better not to drink tea or coffee at mealtimes or for half an hour afterwards. This is because tea and coffee contain compounds called polyphenols that might reduce the amount of iron we can absorb from food.

Vitamin C might help us to absorb iron. So, for example, having a glass of orange juice with a meal, or having vegetables such as broccoli, Brussels sprouts, green peppers or potatoes (all good sources of vitamin C) we might be able to increase the amount of iron our bodies get from our food."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2008, 06:29 AM
Monday Morning, 18 Feb

Good Monday Morning Everyone!

We got home last evening, then went out for dinner. Had a lovely steak. We had a great time...more about that on chatter.

This morning feels like a do-over week now. We ate way too much all weekend, but now I'm home and getting back on track.

Suzyq...I saw your question from yesterday. I started taking the Alli in June I believe. I've sort of leveled out right now on my losing, but for a long time, I lost about a pound a week. Do make sure you read all of the package and/or on-line information about it. It doesn't make you jittery, because it doesn't work with any stimulants. But it absorbs excess fats from your digestive system and eliminates them. They call that treatment effects. You do have to be quite careful with those until you understand them a bit.

Barri..Thanks for the birthday wish. You must have peeked at the bottom of the page. I never really mentioned that was the reason for our trip.

DH and I have started taking a supplement that we got from the Elk place. It's called Velvet Antler, and is suppose to be good for just about any and everything. It will take a little bit of time to be noticed, but I'll keep you informed as to how DH and I are feeling on it.

Today will be Curves and my walk (someplace ). Our subdivision is a sheet of ice. I think I'll call the township today and see what's up with that. Nothing has been done and it's to the point of being dangerous.

Otherwise, I'll be getting things back in shape here. We came in last night and just put down all the stuff because we were tired. The house elf didn't show up during the night, so it's all still there for me.

Ok...I'll post about the trip on the chatter thread.
to everyone!

Unread 02-18-2008, 06:37 AM
Monday Morning, 18 Feb

Good morning all...
Happy Day-late Birthday Nancy! Glad you had a good trip! Stay off the ice!

Suzy - Barri was close about the ESL...it stands for English as a Second Language. I've been teaching classes for about 3 years...I think I learn as much as my students.

This morning will be another Kashi & milk morning...and hot tea.
Lunch is Salad
Will be chasing the DgD today...and maybe ride the bike too.

See you all on chatter.
Ali
Unread 02-18-2008, 07:26 AM
Monday Morning, 18 Feb

Morning All!

Missed yesterday, DH and I had to get up and get going. He went to help my parents with some business stuff and I spent some quality time with my friend who has Alzheimer's. They all live about 30 miles south of us so it's always half a day at least to go down there.

The good news is that yesterday turned out to be a beautiful day so when we got back home, we went to the park and walked the jogging path there. It's three miles. We walked it on Saturday afternoon also as the storm finally moved out leaving bright, clear skies and a spectacular view of snow-covered mountains on three sides of the valley.

So, for the weekend, exercise was good. Didn't really count calories but was vigilant about making good choices.

I will get back on track today, though, starting with a workout at Curves.

Melissa-- Congrats on the weight loss

Desk-- I got a new cell phone, too, a few weeks ago. Nice and compact and slick. I was so happy to finally get a "cool" cell phone like the other gals at work. Then they all came in with new phones, too. With keyboards for texting and palm pilot features. I guess I am still in the stone age!

Have a great day everyone!
Unread 02-18-2008, 10:13 AM
Monday Morning, 18 Feb

[Suzy - Barri was close about the ESL...it stands for English as a Second Language.]

Ali ... I knew that, what was I thinking

Sue ... GREAT !!!! job on the weight-loss

Fran ... I sure hope they get to the bottom of this. They put you on iron supplements?

Nancy, Sabino, Indoprincess and everyone who follows.

Mandy's foster parents sent me a picture of her in the snow, later I will see if I can figure out how to upload it ... This is definitely not my forte' She is so cute all cover with snow.

Food for today ...
Pre-B ... toastw/pb and tea
S ... chocolate soy milk (lt) and banana
B ... Not sure either egg whites or cereal
S... V-8 juice.
L ... probably broccoli
D ... not sure DH mentioned taking me out
S... orange, apple and celery w/laughing cow light french onion cheese.

Everyone have a great OP day,

Barri

Unread 02-18-2008, 10:34 AM
Monday Morning, 18 Feb

Sabino, I'm behind in the phone department too! I Keep thinking...next time I'll catch up, and then here come the super high tech phones...
Ali
Unread 02-18-2008, 11:51 AM
Monday Morning, 18 Feb

mine is high tech, gotta keep up with the family, and when I have no time to turn on the computer I can check my email anyway. With my luck, it will fall down a sewer grate or something in the next few months

Everyone - so much going on, forgive me for not replying and cheering - news sounds so good !!!
Fran, all the folks at the Red Cross say to eat raisins to get your iron up. I've tried supplements and eating properly and taking enough vitamin C etc etc but nothing got it high enough for me to donate blood as I'd planned (double red cells, requires higher iron than regular donations) This year I took the longstanding advice and found that a handful of raisins every day WILL make a difference. They don't know why, but it works. I"m sorry you are not up to snuff.

I'm so behind :run3:
Desk
Unread 02-18-2008, 12:27 PM
Monday Morning, 18 Feb

Hi all - I am new. i thought it's be nice (and fun) to join others in the quest to lose weight. It makes the day to day more enjoyable. support is good! I am a little confused... i read about the "chatting" forum but do not find anything... read the sticky about keeping very health/fitness specific, but this seems the place to just join in and chat?
My goal is 20 pounds.... i am sick of wearing sweatshirts in the dead of summer. NOT THIS YEAR... i refuse! So here I am... have lost 6 already... yeah! Feel soooooo much better even with that. The mental triumph alone is huge!
someone let me know if "this is the place" to just check in and chat....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register