Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 103 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 05-12-2008, 04:00 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Hi Gang. Just popped in to say hi and see how everyone is doing. I'm sorry that some of us are having issues My last remaining issue continues to be my bowels. I thought I was done with the laxatives, but I still need them. I'm using Miralax which doesn't cause dependancy so I know its not that my body has gotten used to it and now relies on it, its just that my bowels haven't quite gotten back to normal yet. No matter how much fiber, fruit or veggies I eat I still need my trusty Miralax every 2 or 3 days. Oh well, things could have been ALOT worse, so I'm not really complaining
I'm down to 2 lbs over my pre-op weight so I'm pretty happy about that. And I joined the gym last week My pre-op weight is about 7 lbs heavier then I'd like to be so I'm hoping to lose 9 lbs in total from this point. Very doable and really not a big deal. I'm not overly fond of going to the gym for exercise, but its starting to get too hot here for long fast walks. I'm using the pool more and doing some exercising there, but its not quite enough or quite the same as you get at the gym.

I can't believe we're 12 weeks post op !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2008, 04:17 PM

hi joann
glad to hear from you!! i miss talking to you! glad to hear that everything is going well for you (you know except your bowel issues).
things here are going well. lately i have started having some pain on my right side again. no idea what it is. but it comes and goes. i am still trying to lose weight but not doing that great at it. i haven't had time to walk....and really haven't been that motivated to go. my son's graduation is less than 2 weeks away and i have so much to do. oh, on the weight thing-i said i am not doing great but i am not doing horrible-i was able to buy a smaller pant size on saturday when i went shopping. just not losing as much as i would like to losing.......
anyway, graduation stuff is piling up...i have so much to do. programs are ready, announcement/invitations are going out in the morning, i did buy the table cloths, plates,etc but i have to get my grocery list ready for the food.
anyway, that is keeping me busy.
hope everyone is doing better.
talk to you all soon
Unread 05-13-2008, 10:46 AM

Marta - congrats on the smaller size I still can't believe that I actually gained 10 lbs from being a chocolate eating cookie monster couch potato for 6 weeks during recovery -- thankfully the weight came off fairly easily so far.
The graduation sounds like its going to be lovely - I can't wait to hear all about it. What are you going to make for it ? Whats for dessert (says the chocolate eating cookie monster !!!! - I LOVE dessert ! LOL) ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-13-2008, 12:48 PM

Hi Girls-I also can't believe it is 12 weeks. JoAnneDe I am having the same bowel issues. I just tried the Miralax and the gas pains I have now are worse than right after surgery. I am back to using the gas x after every meal and before bed. I am hoping it will work. Other than that I feel good. Good luck with the weight loss. I too joined the gym and started doing some cardio. I was told not to do anything with weights yet. Since surgery I lost 15 pounds. I think most of the weight was from the size of my uterus !!!! Mew-I hope graduation goes well. It is such a memorable time. To everyone else, hope all is well and everyone is feeling better. Have a great week.
Unread 05-13-2008, 09:41 PM

Homebuddy: you can actually do a google search for "pictures of urethra" and find some decent, informative websites, like perhaps WebMd. Also, you can take a mirror into a well-lit bathroom with you and position it so that you can see how things are really looking. If you don't have a well-lit bathroom, bring a flashlight in with you, hold the mirrror in one hand and the flashlight in the other while you sit on the toilet. If your comfortable enough around your husband, he can hold the flashlight so you can hold yourself open to see your urethra. Google the pictures first, though, so that you can get a good idea how normal or abnormal things look. It'll be easier to explain to your doctor then!
Unread 05-15-2008, 08:25 PM
Cool - Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Well I guess we don't get the email alerts anymore--I didn't think anyone was posting so I didn't check in! That'll teach me to trust email.
I am so-so, all the stress last week of getting the house ready for the realtor open house (we had 8 realtors come through--in this market that's great!) and lifting so many totes of stuff and boxes and sweeping and ...vacuuming! I think I really did too much--and I thought we were past that point. Nope, have some sharp pains that pop up on either side and all over plus my belly is swollen again and sore when it had gotten better before.

I think depression has snuck back up on me too so I have to beware of that--putting on weight instead of taking it off. Been dealing with some fairly major disappointments in my life, too many details to go into and I've written of some before (job is part), but trying to work through them. Oh and my back pain is back. ugh.

Can't wait for the weekend--free museum entry this Saturday in downtown St. Pete all! Salvador Dali museum included! I plan on going to 3 different ones, the Holocaust museum and the fine art one I can't remember the name (museum of fine art? who knows). I know my art, just not my local city! That should pick up my spirits, I can look at art all day. and not even eat. now there's a diet.

My Princess got me a mother's day card-- I've only ever had 4 legged children, but I love them as much (or more sometimes) than any human. Sounds like everyone had a good day, glad to hear. Hope to be among the healed soon as I stop overdoing it. I need to take my own advice and give myself a break.

I'll check in more often now that I know the alerts have stopped.
Kim
Unread 05-17-2008, 12:06 AM

I have three friends who have had a hysterectomy and they all said it took a year before they felt right again. For the most part, I am feeling great and have more energy than before surgery. I still have some lingering pain with tugs and pulls inside, pain around my scar, and pain where my ovary used to be, but it is nothing compared to what I used to go through each month. This is a huge healing process and I now understand it may take 12 months to feel right again. Hugs to the ladies who are having a slow or difficult recovery.

I work 3 days a week and I have been back at work for 3 weeks now. I end up with a swelly belly by day 3 and am really tired, but the next day off I have my energy back. I have gained a promotion as well. I had my interview the first day back at work after 10 weeks off, and was then offerred the job a week later. I am really happy this has all worked out, it has been a really stressful situation that has gone on for months. I had to do a second job application 10 days post surgery, I was propped up at my computer with a pillow to keep me upright so I didn't topple off the chair! Hystersisters kept me sane at this stressful time, thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences, you are an amazing group of women and I have gained much comfort from you!
Unread 05-17-2008, 07:40 AM

Sunflower-glad to hear you are doing well. Congratulations on your promotion. Hope you continue healing well.
Unread 05-17-2008, 08:16 AM
Checking in...

I too haven't been receiving any e-mail alerts either except for this morning..perhaps they only come once per week?

I scrolled through the messages and it seems like everyone is busy busy...Mel..I think everyone's healing is different and this site is some help for all of us...keep posting and I hope all will get well soon.

Mew..yes, graduation isn't far away..my ds will graduate June 18..and he is so funny, isn't going to the prom, or the safe grad..so we will do a BBQ with the grandparents, his girlfriend and a few friends if he chooses to invite them.

A lot has happened since I posted last....I had my 42nd birthday on May 7, and I was given a promotion on the 5th that was announced on the 7th...after working in HR for 25 years I am now Regional HR Manager for Atlantic Canada..what a great opportunity!!! Of course with great opportunityy comes great challenge and higher risk..I will be giving my 100% and have already spent three evenings this week working untili 10 PM with the lady who is transferring to our Sister Organization working on a huge project...Come Monday I will be all alone but she is only a call/e-mail away...we had no opportunity to discuss what needs to be transitioned so it will be baptism by fire

My oldest ds turned 18 Thursday so my baby is now an adult..and the biggest news is that my 15 yo is quite possibly going to be in Ontario working for his Uncle this year with computers..making $13.5/hr..and living with BIL/SIL & our 3 neices..I will miss him greatly...BOO HOO...but he wants to go and its a great opportunity..we are waiting to see what their HR department says about it all.

I hope everyone had a fabulous Mother's Day..after everything we've all been through an official day of pampering is likely what we all needed. My hubby and I went away for the week-end to Nova Scotia and the last time we were away together alone was 14 years ago..LOL..needless to say we were overdo..did we have fun..OMG..we had FUN...we shopped, walked, ate very good food, drank delicious wine and had a FABULOUS time..we stayed at the Westin Hotel and they just renovated..it was AMAZING..plazma TV, King size bed with down comfortors..HEAVEN..that's what it was....

Anyway, I didn't mean to write a novel, but truly I've been so busy I haven't had time. I haven't been able to spend as much time as I would like at the gym, so I went last night and I did an ab exercise on the ball..and pulled something internally..so today I am sore...other than that I've been doing alright and I totally forgot about having surgery yesterday which is why I did what I did...someone on this site told me that would happen..and they of course were right..

The other thing I may mention as a result of the surgery I now have to get bi-focals..LOL..my eyes are a real mess..anyway, if anyone else out there is experiencing headaches daily make an appointment with your optometrist..LOL..

Have a great week-end all..my son is having his birthday meal this evening and my mom / dad are coming for a belated mother's day dinner tomorrow..dh and I are both working on the holiday Monday..

Remember to Pamper the Princess..
Unread 05-17-2008, 08:20 AM

Cynthia-a belated Happy Birthday and congratulations on your promotion.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register