Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 108 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 06-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Lynn,
Maybe you're thinking me, I'm looking for another job as mine has gone so wrong lately. I haven't found one yet and meanwhile a possible project has come up that I would stay for another 6 months to be involved with--so I'll know in 1 month after we submit for it if we got it--if not, I'll keep looking.
Monica,
the stuff for my intestine spams is Dicyclomine and I'm only to take 3x a day when I feel the pain, otherwise this should get better as I reduce stress (easier said than done). I already feel better after taking them yesterday and today--could be a placebo for all I know --long as it works, that's fine with me.
I can't believe I gained back 13 lbs--so much emotional eating, stopping that now!
Off to the gym to reopen my membership
Kmi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2008, 04:07 AM

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi, I miss being able to catch up on a regular basis and see how everyone is going and how life is treating you all.

I am feeling really well, and have lots of energy. I don't think I realized how low I was feeling before surgery, but I am loving the new me! I am feeling so much more confident with my paid work and promotion, and I don't have to ever worry again about scheduling trips around a certain time of the month!

I still have numbness in my pubic region and top of my legs which makes it uncomfortable to sit for too long. My favourite position at work is perched on the edge of the chair with legs spread! Luckily I face away from the rest of the office so I can get away with not being so lady-like

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Unread 06-17-2008, 06:15 AM

Hi everyone-I too haven't been posting here for a while. I don't know where the days are going. My nephews have been playing baseball non-stop. The oldest starts playoffs today. The younger one made the All-Star team and will start practice tomorrow. The district tournament starts next week. The oldest is hoping they have enough interested in playing on all-stars. He will be devastated if they don't have a team this year. If they don't he has a chance of playing with the older team. My dad had surgery recently and finally getting back to normal as well. I have been feeling better. The last month I lost all energy but seem to be getting it back. Still have some twinges but nothing like it was. I have noticed more hair in the shower drain but understand this is normal. Went to see Billy Joel on Friday night. Got home at 1 am. Decided I am getting too old for this But wouldn't have missed it. I never miss his concert when he comes to town. He was great as always. Had a nice Father's Day with the family. Well, hope everyone is doing better and on the road to a full recovery. Have a great week!!!! :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-02-2008, 02:57 PM

Hi ladies-How is everyone doing? I hope everyone is feeling better. I don't know about everyone else, but it seems as if the 4 month date was the turning point for me. I am actually feeling much better . I still have some twinges and slight at the end of the day. I can't believe how the time has flown by. I am a little nervous about our vacation at the end of the month. We are doing a family trip to Disney World (12 of us going) and I am worried some of the ride bars might aggrivate some of my incisions and the sore areas I still have. I have been very busy with my nephews baseball games. The youngest is playing in the all-star tournament now. The oldest starts his all-star tournament soon. I don't have his schedule yet but we know we have to drive about 15 miles to get to his games. Does anyone have any big plans for the holiday weekend? I am so happy to have 3 days off in a row. It's my brother-in-law's birthday so I have my list of what to make and bring to the picnic. Wishing all of you a safe holiday!
Unread 07-05-2008, 09:30 AM

wow, can't believe its been so long since i have been on here. i guess as much as we all said we would keep in touch-we all have returned to our too busy lives!!! i am still having issues every now and then. when i press on my stomach i have definite soreness (lots and lots of tenderness). and then every now and then, i get some sharp pains in my lower right side. still don't know what that is about. anyway, things are busy for me. i returned back to work at the hospice i worked at last year before i decided to have my surgery and i am leaving on friday for our mission trip to Joplin, MO. I am getting excited about that. I have had VBS and a golf tournament, then i started work the next week-so its been non-stop for me. if you think about it, please keep us in your prayers-we are heading out at 3am on friday and have lots of work ahead of us. especially pray for the lives we touch that God would be glorified.
thanks ladies, i hope everyone is doing well
marta
Unread 07-06-2008, 10:09 AM

Hello everyone!
I am doing much better, but I do have the same thing as Marta /MEW with the soreness still, but it's tolerable as it is lingering but slowly diminishing. The stress in my life has gotten easier to handle--meds are helping, but having a bunch of coworkers over who are also friends-to have a pool party was the best medicine--kids age 2 to 11 and a dozen adults splashing around--what great fun. I highly recommend it as therapy. So the belly soreness is easier to deal with. Some of my coworkers are now actively sending out resumes--I am not the only one unhappy there now, unfortunately, so by next year there will be a lot of new faces--hopefully I won't be around to see them, we may even have a buyer for the house!
SO off to the NW we go for a week vacation to look around and make sure I want to move there--first week in August-- woo hoo!
Hope everyone else's pains are getting lesser--or gone as I think many of you are way ahead of me and some others--
MEW good luck on the road and have fun everyone!
Kim
Unread 07-06-2008, 03:37 PM

thanks Kim for the well wishes for our trip. today my daughter just laid across my stomach and wow, that was a bit sore. i didn't notice it so much before so i don't know if its something new or the same thing from before. anyway, we had practice today for a drama we are doing in missouri....its very graphic because it shows a girl being tempted by the world-lust, alcohol, money, body image and finally suicide. i am excited about performing it on the trip. please pray that God would be glorified through it all. i hope everyone is continuing on their road to recovery-anyone heard from sheila lately?
well, kim, i would love to be splashing in a pool right now but i can't see that happening for a while since i am so busy.......
gotta go
love you all
marta
Unread 07-24-2008, 06:36 PM

well, looks like no one has been on here in a long time. i just wanted to stop by and say hi. i have been having some right pain issues and went to my pcp and he sent a consultation back to the women's clinic because he is not sure what it could be. they did an x ray yesterday but no one has called me yet. the pain has been increasing daily over the last week or two. he said it could be scar tissue or an adhesion and then also said maybe something is up with my intestines. i don't know what it is but the pain has not been very good the last couple of days.......i sure don't want to go down this road again. hope to hear from some of you soon
marta
Unread 07-25-2008, 04:26 AM

Hi all, its been quite a while since I last posted like many of you. But thats not to say I haven't been checking. Life seems to be back in normal hum-drum mode for me as if all that TVH business never happened. Not that i'm sad about that at all. So I guess it's the same for all of you.
Marta I Know how you feel, It's kind of lonley when you check the sight and there have been no posts for a few weeks. It's like loosing touch with old friends.
Anyway, down here we are in the middle of winter and all I can think about lately are the days drawing out and warming up.
We have finished the 'pizza oven' & paving in the courtyard and I must say that we'll need a few months to get the cooking down pat going by our first pathetic efforts. But the practice at least should be fun.
For any of you that can remember on some of my earlier posts the struggle we were having with a logging company trying to plant out one of our local farms with plantation timber (Thus destroying an absolutely beautiful property ans scenic aspect)Well the good news is WE WON! Almost unheard of here, that the little people can stand up for their rights and actually have an impact against big business.
The property has since been sold to some like minded people who will preserve it for at least their lifetime.
As for me I'm just doing the same ol' same ol'. Work, cook, sleep, seems to be how it goes. Although I am starting an art class in the next month or 2.
Haven't done anything in that respect for quite some time and I think it's time I started to challenge my tallent.(or lack thereof)
Anyway, for anyone who is interested and reads this post, I wish you well and hope that you are still continuing to recover and live healthy and happy.
love & best wishes
Molly (aka Kim)
Unread 07-25-2008, 06:03 AM

hey molly
thanks for posting. pizza oven.......sounds cool-i am sure you will have a blast practicing.
i am about to get to work but wanted to check my email and it said there was a reply on here. i was excited.
well, i did like the doctor said and got a body pillow to stay off my tummy and it seemed to help me. i tossed from the pillow to my hubby and back. my side isn't hurting very much right now so we will see. i had hoped the doctor would have at least called and said everything looks great if there wasn't a problem because it leaves me here wondering what is going on.
anyway, i gotta go get ready for work or i will be late
blessings to all
marta

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register