Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 02-28-2008, 09:05 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

(((ladies)))

Just a gentle reminder ~ if you have any questions about your recovery, please start a new thread so that all our post-op members can see it and have the opportunity to respond ~ particularly those who are further out in their recoveries and have more experience to share. This is the best way to get support ~ in the true tradition of HysterSisters! Please check out Princess Bea Well's introductory post for further information on how to use this thread.

Sending all good wishes for your recoveries and thanks for your understanding!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2008, 09:24 AM
Recovery Update

Hi Sisters,

I continue to feel pretty good. My appetite is increasing, pain is just a twinge here and there, taking a lot of naps and then lying awake till 1 or 2 am. (duh) Well, from what I am hearing from you gals, I would not sleep much at night regardless of the number of naps I take! I just hope to get back on schedule when I return to work.

It is such a blessing to see how all of you are doing and what you have gone through before your surgeries. My prayers go out for all of you good health, happiness and peace.
Unread 02-28-2008, 09:29 AM

Almost 1 week of recovery and so far yesterday was the worst day. Not sure if I over did my "laps" around the house or what. Had more pain and general discomfort yesterday than before. Feeling much better this morning. Now I just need to be able to sleep at night!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2008, 09:38 AM

i watched french prince today and he was in philly and was exercising and running to the rocky theme song and l laughed and said "go hystersisters". dadahdah......lol
you guys have a great day. thanks for the thoughts about rocky!! i don't think i will ever forget that
Unread 02-28-2008, 10:11 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Well, it's 10 days post-op for me today. Getting my staples removed on Monday sure has made a difference. I find that I'm moving and walking around a lot more, tho it's still confined to my little house.

I'm noticing also that I have good days - then the next day I don't even want to get out of my pajamas or out of bed! I had to drive to the pharmacy yesterday to pick up my meds, and man! That took a lot out of me! I'm now on ibuprofen now - been off the vicodin for a couple of days. Otherwise, I feel my energy levels are higher now than they were a week ago, and that gives me hope that things will eventually get back as close to normal as possible!

Another good thing - pathology reports came back indicating no additional invasive pre-cancers in the parts they took out of me! Whoopee!

Hope my other sisters are recovering well. One day at a time! God Bless!
Unread 02-28-2008, 10:21 AM

I have the same sensation, like it's all in there rolling around to the side when I roll over, so I tuck a pillow up under as far as I can to "prop" up my belly, which isn't really big, I mean I think my waist was around 38 or so, but I'm stocky so it's not the cause of this, I dont' think.
Doc removed cysts connecting my ovary to my back--which was the cause of constant back pain (almost bought stock in Therma Care!) which is now going away--so maybe all the organs are readjusting to not being tied up.

I think I'm healing well though, been off Vicodin since Monday except for one Tuesday night after coughing (awful), walk around a bit all day, sit periodically, mostly lay on my side with that pillow. I still put on this elastic belt thing once in awhile to hold things in place, but less now.

Still dont' feel like focusing my brain even though I'm off pain meds, not interested in reading yet. Hope I am soon.

The skin around my incision is numb though--is that normal? Anyone else have that?
Kim
Unread 02-28-2008, 11:46 AM

Hi Sisters,
I am 6 days post-op and feeling better each day. I am a lot more tired than before the surgery. The waiting was the worst part, I like being in my pajamas all the time though, LOL!! The post-op time has been more frustrating than anything else, with tiring out so quickly. I hope all of us have a healthy, quick recovery..
Unread 02-28-2008, 12:20 PM

I'm baa-aack! It's amazing how I can feel good one day and hurt so much the next day. Thank goodness I was prepared for that by reading this site before surgery. By feeling good I mean it doesn't kill me to get out of bed and walk around for a little while. I continue to be spoiled rotten by my church family! Dinner every night, doing laundry, cleaning house...a girl could get use to this! I had friends sign up to bring meals for over two weeks after my surgery. Other friends wanted to help so they signed up to check on me and do errands, keep me company, whatever I needed every day the week after surgery while my husband is at work. Actually my husband is really loving it because he knows he would be doing it otherwise.

I am so glad to have my plumbing working again!! Since we're all in the same boat I'll tell you how my bm story goes. If that is TMI for you, skip this paragraph. Because of what I read on this site, I started taking stool softeners a couple days before my TAH & bladder lift and resumed two days after surgery when I got home. Four days after surgery I started eating tons of prunes and finally squeezed out a little pebble. Six days post-op I started miralax and got relief the next night (after two doses of miralax 24 hrs apart). I'm still taking stool softeners and eating prunes and the system is moving slowly. I wish I would've started stool softners a week before surgery and used miralax sooner!

OK I'm feeling woozy from sitting up writing. Maybe I shouldn't have shared so much. Btw, I am walking around several times a day and sitting at the table eating dinner with my family. I don't want to sound like the ultimate princess laying in bed all day. I know that would hurt me in the long run. Oh, I've managed to go with out pain meds since 3am and I hadn't taken one since around noon the day before.

Keep sharing when you have the energy. And don't feel guilty when you only have the energy to read!

Almost forgot, still quite numb above incision and on right leg. The intense pain in my left leg went away once I had a couple good bm's.

Prayers for all of you!
Melanie
Unread 02-28-2008, 04:36 PM

it great to hear most everyone is doing so good. i feel bad for those who are struggling. i can't tell you how smooth this whole ordeal has gone for me. i'm 9 days post-op. drove for the first time today. staples and k-mart. ha! went to visit a friend, and went to walgreens for the stuff i forgot at k-mart(what's up with the forgetfulness?). i hate to sound "braggy" but i feel amazingly good. i haven't taken even a tylenol for days. i am able to sit straight up in bed. no pain. and here's the biggy. no hot flashes, night sweats, anything! this is the best part for me. i'm 46 and a 2 time breast cancer survivor so no hormones for me. it's like for once something is going right for me. my only complaint is this jelly belly business. i had a tah due to a fibroid the size of a basketball. and i wish my stomach would show that it is gone!
Unread 02-28-2008, 05:05 PM

hubie,
congrats. my doctors said no driving AT LEAST 6weeks. i don't think i could anyways right now. i am very glad for you though. take it easy...rest, even if you feel great you did just have major surgery!!!
hope everything continues this great for you. have a great day

for the rest of us out there not doing that great. keep your chins up, we will get there!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register