Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 110 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 08-05-2008, 04:10 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

hi all,
well, i'm getting more and more frustrated. i did hear from the doctor. they call me more than a week after my appt. to tell me that they want me to get another UA to make sure everything is cleared up. I asked them what they were talking about- 4 phone calls later ( i will spare you the craziness)......they tell me that i do indeed have a urinary tract infection and needed to be put on antibiotics. i've been taking them since friday. anyway, i have not had any symptoms of a UTI (at all). but here i am with lots of pain on my right side (near my pelvic bone).....today it hurts higher up. anyway, i'm so tired of being in the same place again with pain. i can't go through this again. my appt. they sent me isn't until oct. i have another previous appt. for sept. but once my antibiotics are done, if i am still having pain, i am going to the emergency room and begging for an ultrasound. there is something going on and i need to know what.....
anyway. glad to see so many back on here posting. i miss you all.
have a blessed day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2008, 07:03 PM
Renewing my old friends

Hi to just everyone on our thread. I have not posted for some time but I am so glad I kept looking and checking it. I would like to say a big sorry to all the sisters who gave me unlimited support. I feel bd I disappeared for a while. I will offer no excuses for that.
I am not sure how I am suppossed to be now, but I do not think all is right with me. I have extreme fatigue--no get up and go---urine leakage---. I have done low dose Premarin (I think) for over three months. I did not bother to renew prescriptin. I am tearful/moody/not motivated/sad.
I did see my GP last week and he is carrying out tests. I am seeing him on 1st Sept for results.
Marta/KIm/Cynthia/Lynn/Melee/Jetta/ I care about you all---including the ones I forgot to mention---senior moment.
big hugs and blessings Sheilaxxxxx
Unread 08-18-2008, 07:25 PM

hi sheila,
its so good to hear from you!!! i am sorry you are not doing well. i think many of us may still be struggling more than we thought we would. i am still struggling myself, so i am with you!! hope your gp can find something. i still haven't had that happen. i am calling the surgeon tomorrow and see if she is willing to find out what is going on with me.
well, love to you sheila and of course to the rest of you!!!
blessings to all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-19-2008, 08:16 AM

Hey Marta and Sheila-- the emotional part of this has just been wrecking recovery--Just when I think I'm back to "normal" I get swelly belly or my belly gets hot and I'm still passing stitches--so I must just be a delayed healer.

I feel for you both having such a hard time--fortunately mine has passed with the help of some antidepressants and my dog (I could have placebos for all I know and it could be all dog!)

I can't say enough how having a dog has helped me through this--I had NO IDEA it would take this long and be this difficult or I would have done this 15-20 years ago when my body was better at handling this stuff.

Good luck to both of you at your docs--hope it gets better for you both soon!
Kim

I guess you could see we were all worried about you Sheila--sorry you are having a tough time, but glad you are back to keep up with us--even though we check less often--we are still thinking about everyone--I know I am.
Unread 08-19-2008, 08:33 AM

Hello everyone-glad to see a few of us still checking in. Things are getting better. I just returned from 10 days in Disney World . I was worried about going and how I was going to do and things went fine. Even the rides didn't bother my incisions which was a big concern for me. My biggest problem is sleep. I get about 2-3 hours a night and then toss and turn. It is so frustrating. I went to my GP yesterday for a BP check. It had been 6 months since I had been (preop visit). I told him anyone who tells someone recovery for a hysterectomy is 6-8 weeks is full of He just laughed at me and asked if it was a tough recovery. DAH!!! Hoepfully everyone will be feeling better soon and can put all of this behind us. Have a good week ladies.
Unread 08-19-2008, 08:56 AM
Hi everyone

Hi everyone,
So sorry I have not been checking in. With work, the wedding and my move coming up in THREE months, I am going crazy. Also, my daughter had surgery 2 weeks ago and I had to help her through it.

I am so sorry that some of you are really having bad times, I pray for your healing and well being often. I am still taking the low dose Premarin and honestly do not know if my mood swings are me (post surgery) or all of the craziness going on right now. I do know that I have planned to take off some days from work to just pamper myself and be a tourist in my lovely city of Chicago!

I will continue to pray for you all and try to check in more often.
Peace and love,
Sylvia
Unread 08-19-2008, 10:11 AM

ya know I forgot to say the other thing that made me feel better...a VACATION! to Seattle, Victoria, BC, Bellingham, WA and Portland, OR--I LOVE it out there. Since the house will likely not sell (neighborhood houses are dropping prices now and I can't reduce further or I'd be paying someone to buy it) I may find a way to keep the house for mom and just go out and rent something small for awhile.

The people are so friendly in the NW-- a fellow bus rider got off at our stop to walk us to our hotel to make sure we got to the right address--another woman gave us her name, address and cell to call if we needed anything, another woman we met on the train to Portland has ended up becoming a friend who invited us to dinner at her house to meet her husband and we still email! And that's just some of it, the weather was great too--no rain in 8 days wherever we went--sunny skies! just for us!
So take some time for yourself ladies, it does a mind a world of good.
Kim
Unread 08-19-2008, 10:39 AM

It's great to hear from everyone. I can't believe it's been six months since our surgeries! Well...in some ways it seems like an eternity but I thought I would feel a lot better by now. My belly is still bloated. I'm hoping that is because of my recently diagnosed celiac disease. I've been on the gluten free diet for two weeks but I don't feel any different. I've read that it can take up to two years to repair all of the damage to the intestines so I'll have to be patient. That isn't really my best quality.

I want to encourage those of you who are still struggling, to keep going to the dr to find answers. I've dealt with pain, fatigue, etc. for 11 years and thought it was all because of fibromyalgia. Then when that wasn't making sense, I had the TAH. Now I wish I would've insisted on an endoscopy before the TAH so they would've found the celiac. So my advice is don't give up on finding answers and once you have an answer get a second opinion if it doesn't TOTALLY make sense to you.

Well my dd is waiting for me to do a craft with her. It's her last day of summer break.

Thanks everyone for all of your support and friendship over the past 6 months!! I don't know how I would've gotten through it without this website and all of you!

Hugs,
Melanie
Unread 08-19-2008, 10:42 AM
Unhappy - Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 No Longer Alone

My dearest sisters, Thank you for your unconditional love. I feel so cared about by you guys. Kim and Marta you are so kind to be concerned for me. I think, --I should not really think because the truth is--I DO NOT KNOW. I think that coming up to Malcolm's 1st Annivesary (23rd June), I was a bit strung out and pretty fearful. It feels like more endings and now I have moved into a neww chapter and it is me by myself. This also evoked some things around dh which came to light after he died and I was unable to deal with as it was all to painful. It seems to have emerged in the past 4/5 weeks and I spoke about it out loud, (at the hospice) for the first time a few weeks ago. I have become very sad and tearful again. I get so confused----is this grief/anger/betrayal/post op hyst/high blood pressure/depression/chronic fatigue/not smoking after effects----and I just do not know. I only wish that ceartain things had not come to my attention.
I am really open to trying to sort my life out. I watched Elizabeth Gilbert author of Eat Pray Love on Oprah. This woman was so alive and her eyes were shining. I want some of that. She gave three tips out to assist in taking the journey----I am trying to follow them. They are quite simple to do. My other problem is that when I try to pray or meditate, I get the committee of 800 in my head and they are all shouting at me from every direction. I want to be be still and quiet from within. i want my insides to match my outsides. Marta---you best get some of your powerful praying going for me. In spite of everything, I have managed not to smoke---December 07. My gp has increased my antidepressants so I will see if they bring me down a bit. I have to be honest and say that I decided---ALL BY MYSELF--to stop taking them and also the premarin. I have not admitted this to my GP. This week, I decided to go back on them to see if it helps me.
As you can see sisters, my thinking is not to good at the moment. I know for sure, that I can tell you all this crap and you will not judge me---you will just go on loving me.

Irish blessings in abundance to you all,
Sheila
xxx
Unread 08-19-2008, 10:48 AM

my arms are outstretched across the Atlantic...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register