Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 111 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 08-19-2008, 10:51 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Kim---you have touched my soul----again.
I so need all of you no matter where we are. I feel we came through so much in the past six months and we shared so much.
I feel your hug.
Thank you.
Sheila
xxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2008, 08:17 AM

I also cannot believe it was 6 months yesterday. I thank our Father that I have been doing well. Because my breast cancer last July was estrogen positive and I am taking Arimidex for prevention of the cancer returning, my hotflashes are beyond belief. There are days that I just lay in our pool for hours to keep them at bay. I cannot take anything for them besides antidepressants but am not ready for that yet. If they get so bad that I have no quality of life, then I will try them. I consider every day of life a precious gift. Good Luck to all you 6 month recoveries and God Bless....
Unread 08-20-2008, 08:30 AM
Fort Lauderdale

Well, now that the Tropical Storm is over and school is back - the peace is back in the house. I am so glad I came back to read these posts and felt like I went back to old friends. Well it aint much better here - I feel probably more sore than ever in the belly, can not lay on my stomach. Leaky bladder - never had that, but worst is the mood swings and tired every afternoon at 4pm. Just drained, but I push trough it. We have had many mini vacations this summer - so I can not complain about getting around. Leaving for San Diego in the am for a week with work, then home for LAbor Day boating weekend to the Bahamas -
Since posting I had an MRI breast biopsy - all negative and now scheduled for colonoscopy in September. My 6 month f/u is 9/4. I will complain about the tenderness and my upper legs being numb - I just hate that - numb thighs - feels so weird when you shave or someone touches you, or you lean into the counter or sink. Oh well, beats the alternative I guess. Glad to see my sisters are all feeling hte ups and downs - everyone treats me as if it is all good, wish they could feel what is going on - God I want to feel normal again, but I guess normal is long gone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-20-2008, 09:08 AM

Sheila, Hang in there. We are all here for you and I will be praying for you. Sending peace and love to you,
Sylvia
Unread 08-20-2008, 09:33 AM

Hi Sylvia,
Great to hear from you. Sounds like we are all a little crazy!!!!!SORRY I only mean some of us. I am still on the low dose of Premarin. I have no idea what helps or does not.
I find a great comfort in the fact that some of our old team logged back on around the same time. Even more comforting to find some of our stalwarts were still around. Fortlauderdale---so great to hear from you. I remember after your op, you went to Florida Keys. Now you are of to Bahamas. But--I know what you mean about family and friends look at you and think it is all okay. I want to scream at them----my insides do not match my outsides--- I am like you and I am tired every day. I just do not seem to take the quantam leap to ongoing energy. I love what you said about "When will we get back to normal" With the amount of changes in my life, I have been thinking of myself as "a refugee in a forign land, unable to speak the language". Everybody appears to be able to get on, and I can not.
It is great to be hooked up to you guys again.
Lots of love and blessings
Sheila
xxx
Unread 08-20-2008, 03:22 PM

Sheila, I feel for you sweetie. Hang in there! PLEASE don't go off and/or on your anti-depressant without your dr's help. That is really dangerous. I am praying for you too. God does care and He is able to hear you even when the committee of 800 is trying to drown out your thoughts!

I saw the dietician today and she put me on an incredibly restricted diet for 3 weeks. If I'm not feeling better after that she says I need more tests. Man, I hope this works. Who knows maybe I'll actually lose weight too.

Take care ladies!
Mel
Unread 08-23-2008, 08:13 AM

Hi Mel,
Thank you so much for the love.
I have my sensible head back on and taking all required meds. Not what I want, but probably what I need right now.
Arms across the Atlantic.

Sheila
xx
Unread 08-28-2008, 04:30 PM
Catch Up

Hi Marta, Kim, Mel, Sylvia, Jett, Cynthia and all the rest of you. It is 11.10pm here and I am glued to the Democratic Convention witing for Barak Obama's speech. You may remember I told you all I got totally hooked on it after DH died. The problem is the time difference so I am a total junkie now. No idea what I am going to do after Nov election. Some of you may thisn----"What a sad woman". I can understand that, but I have to tell you that it helps my brain to kick in. That has to be a good thing.
I have to say that I am quite worried about Sosadnow. I guess I am aware that I posted a lot of crazy stufff and was and still can be consumed by my grief. Thank you all for sticking with me. Thank you all for being concerned when I went of the thread for a while. Thank you for being my cyber sisters. Thank you for love and prayers.

Well, I have not been asleep this past week before 5am due to watching the convention. This will be the last night, so I am hyping myself up for the emotion. I have to say that last night I got misty eyed when he was declared. I fully get the historic signifience of it all, but my grand daughter (16 yrs) is mixed race. She was in my thoughts last night also.
Ladies, I love to hear from you all. Please be safe.

Arms across the Atlantic
Sheila
Unread 08-29-2008, 08:32 AM
Hi everyone

Hi Sheila and all my other sisters,
I too was emotional as I watched the speech last night. I have been through the "back doors" and have seen the "colored" signs so to see this in my lifetime brought tears to my eyes. I am so glad that you are doing better. It is my prayer that you and all of my other sisters continue to get better in order for us to live life to the fullest. The best is truly yet to come!

Sending peace and love to you all!
Sylvia
Unread 08-29-2008, 03:30 PM

Sylvia,

How wonderful for you. As you know, I am Irish and I was brought up in a country divided by religion. Because of that, I have always identified with the oppressed or anyone who appears to get a bad deal. It is a part of me that I like.

Arms across the Atlantic.

Sheila

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register