Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 113 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 04-09-2009, 05:56 PM
Re: Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Have a great Easter break everyone. I hope someone posts soon cos It's getting a bit lonely on this thread. Love to hear how you're all doing and what your up to.

Luv "Molly"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2009, 06:20 PM

Hi Kim (Molly),
We got a rental this week in Gainesville and will be moving in the next 2 weeks--yay
I still have discomfort in that little "pouch" I now have in front above the bikini cut - I've always been overweight, but never had a belly (all hips and legs) until now and I hate it.
I've had bouts of depressions and anxiety (from everything that's happened) and really wish I had gotten this hysterectomy decades ago. Learning now I probably had endometriosis my whole life--since age 13 when I first had painful periods and even passed out from them. All those years of suffering and no doctor ever thought to test me for endometriosis in those 34 years? Someone remind me again how great American medicine is? And I've had doctors all down the east coast, from PA to MD, VA and FL.
I never wanted kids, ever,but when I was 21 I was told I was too young to think about having my tubes tied and here I was probably infertile or unable to carry a baby if I'd even wanted to. What a waste of all those years of pain.
All of you with daughters, PLEASE raise them to speak up and stand up for themselves and that doctors are just humans who don't always have the answers--if they think they are right and the doctor is not paying them enough attention or giving them enough respect-- go somewhere else!
Kim (Shep)
Unread 04-10-2009, 08:23 AM

Hello my sisters!,
Its been a while since I posted but I want to wish everyone a Happy and Blessed Easter!

I am well. I moved in November, got married in December and I am loving my new home as well as married life. I am feeling great and so happy that I had my hysterectomy! I had my one year check up a few weeks ago and everything has healed and I am well. Pap results show that I am ok there as well

Trying to loose weight and even though I am making healthy choices it seems like I'm getting nowhere My hubba loves me just the way I am but all the women at my job (believe it or not especially the older ones!) are obsessed with being thin and it gets me down a lot. I am praying that I learn to love myself no matter what and that my goal is to be healthy!

Miss you all but I am so grateful for this site. You have no idea how you guys made my hysterectomy experience the best it could have been! Thank you and sending peace, love, and best wishes to you all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2010, 06:44 AM

Well ladies - it is now the 2nd year of saving my life. I am blessed everyday. Working hard, still have some leg numbness, but otherwise all is well. I did the antidepressent route for hot flash symptoms ( who am I kidding I was a *****) - but have since stopped. I do think it did help tho...seeing oncologist next week. It was very heartwarming to go back and read how we were all feeling two years ago...wow....lucky we are!
Unread 02-19-2010, 08:25 PM

Hello fortlauderdale,

I am happy to hear that all is well for the most part. Two years has gone extremely fast and I was speaking to someone today about this site as she found out she has to have a hysterectomy..I told her how supportive this group of ladies is and how important it is to have folks go through your milestones at the same time you do.

I have absolutely no complaints 2 years out; I haven't had any complaints for a while other than the 'speed bump' which I've come accustomed to All in all, it is a very very small price to pay.

I hope everyone is well out there and I'm sure all of your lives have gone on and you've met more people and like me think of this group once in a while and how important you all were two years go.

Cheers ladies,
Unread 02-21-2010, 05:46 PM

Hi all! Wow 2 years has gone so fast. Hope everyone is well and happy!:-)
Unread 02-22-2010, 07:17 AM

I can't believe it's been 2 years either. Glad to hear everyone is doing well. I must say I have felt great since my surgery. to everyone
Unread 02-22-2010, 09:10 AM

Hello my sisters,
I too cannot believe its been 2 years since our surgery! Thanks to Hystersisters for the reminder. I'm glad to hear that everyone is well, I am in great health but still battling my weight (at what point do you just accept it and just live??)

Anyhow, I'm sending prayers of peace and love to you all and best wishes for a wonderful and happy life!

Sylvia
Unread 02-20-2014, 04:47 AM

Happy 6th Anniversary, Ladies!

I am feeling great and hope you all are as well!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register