Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 16 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 03-01-2008, 03:55 PM
A Little Timid

Hey Sisters,
I have enjoyed reading your comments. However, I am a little afraid to venture out for fear of over doiing it. I think you all are so brave to be walking around and even shopping. My doctor told me to stay in bed for two weeks. I feel much better everyday, but I am one that tries to follow the rules. I feel that I am able to walk around the house. Any advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2008, 04:06 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Dolphinsplash,
I understand how you feel. I recently lost my mom and it makes a difference. I too did what had to be done. Keep praying and things will get manageable.
Unread 03-01-2008, 04:42 PM

I was doing so well! and then the allergies from the weather front made me cough Tuesday, and again and again and Friday Doc gave me codeine cough syrup and a decongestant--but I still cough once a while--ouch, I can feel it pulling on the right and straight down the middle even though my cut is bikini cut. Other than feeling liked I've been kicked in the gut over and over like a mugging for a few days I think I'm doing good.
I did panic a little when around 5am I coughed in my sleep and felt blood passing, went to the bathroom and sure enough, but it was a small amount. I've read it could have been the stitches inside passing. I hope so. It was bright red, not black and nothing since.
Getting some energy back though--getting restless, wish I could walk outside, it's so beautiful but the allergies make that impossible for now. sigh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2008, 04:46 PM

Doc must have a reason to have you stay in bed so long, so just call and ask. Maybe a girdle or belly band would help? I t makes me feel more secure, but I have to take it off after awhile, little too constricting for me. I haven't been shopping yet, but walking around the house is no problem, sometimes hold my gut though (see my previous post). Tugging the glass slider door closed was too much today--it varies day to day.
Kim
Unread 03-01-2008, 05:05 PM
Recovery Progress

Hi Sisters,

Doing well, feel as though I am healing up on the inside. Have funny sensations in incision area. Swelling has gone down a little more.

I began to feel some cabin fever late yesterday. Luckily, the weather has warmed up enough for me to sit outside today. The sun therapy was welcomed, as well as a delicious meal of stuffed shells, parmesan bread, salad, and brownies brought over by a gal at church. I really pigged out! The last couple days I just did not have an appetite and nothing sounded or tasted good.

I will be venturing out for the first time Tuesday for my 2 week post op appt. My doc told me to stay around the house for the first two weeks. Hope to get a good progress report. My steri strips are still holding up. Even though I got some sent home by the hospital, I think I will just sit tight with these. Showering seems to keep them clean and the incision looks good.

Subscribed to Netflix while I am recuperating. DH and I watched 3:10 to Yuma this morning. It was pretty good. Christian Bale and Russell Crowe made a good team and PLENTY of charisma, if you know what I mean.

Blessings to all of you, hope you all are taking it easy!
Unread 03-01-2008, 05:24 PM
11 days out

Well, I was just reading other people's post op reads. Good Luck to you all.

Mine was on the 19th and it went well. I wasn't worried about anything except giving up control of the house and the kids and all of the things that I do on a daily basis. My husband stepped up and has been great. We joke that our 14mo is going to go to therapy in the future and say everything was great until my mom stopped holding me.

I am feeling really quite good. Mine was vaginal hysterectomy helped laproscopicly. SO, after my two past csections the physcia;l isn't as bad as the extreme exhustion.

I can't pick up my kids or drive. Or any of the other things and it is making me a bit grumpy. SO, I do too much and then find myself in bed the next day.

I wish you all the best!
Unread 03-02-2008, 05:26 AM
Post-Op 11 Days

Hello Sisters!

I had such a full day today that I came home happily tired out. I stayed away from the grocery store and while DH was getting that all looked after read some more of my book "Morrigan's Cross" by Nora Roberts..first in a three part series of Vampyres & Witches & time travelling..ah ha!!

In any case I had my shower and was ready to go to Winners which is where I wanted to go for half an hour..our son works next door at the Bulk Barn and was getting off at 1..so it was timed well. After that 30 minutes I was in need of a rest because we ran into my sister-in-law and my neice and chatted instead of walked...so we came home & I rested while DH made lunch.

After lunch we went to get gas and the drug store. After that I needed another rest so we all went to Chapters/Starbucks for a treat and so I could sit & put my legs up on another chair..it was SO NICE to be out with DH and youngest son. Then we headed to Costco so I could browse the books and I picked up another pair of yoga pants..they're SO COMFY right now

We were home by 4:30, so I was out & about for four hours with strategically placed breaks & washroom breaks...It was a GREAT day. I didn't do any walking outside so I could use my energy for the outing Last night we watched two DVD's and I knitted dishcloths all night..It was a HOWLING snow-storm here and it was nice to know nobody needed to get out to go anywhere...

A great day and I'm not sure what to look forward to for day 12 but oldest son and his girlfriend are coming for roast-beef dinner...she just found out her parents are splitting up..such a shame..but she wants them to be happy apart instead of fighting together...sigh..

Have a great day ladies and remember to rest in between your activities!!!
Unread 03-02-2008, 06:17 AM

Hi,
My surgeon is also my gyn. She told me to see her after two weeks and also a six week check up. I have disolving stitches, so I think it just depends on the dr.or maybe your general health before the procedure. I had 2 c-sections so my incision site could have been in bad shape! I also kept my cervix, so she says I will still have to have yearly pap smears.

I've also been wondering about why some people are really emotional and weepy more than others. A woman at my job said she was really emotional, but she had her ovaries removed and began hrt right away. I began to wonder if its because some are on hrt and others are not. I kept my ovaries and so far I have not been weepy or overly emotional. I had a tubal ligation about 10 yrs ago and I remember feeling really sad at first because now I could no longer have children so could this be a reason? I don't know, just me thinking about you all and wanting us all to be healed and living the best lives we possibly can!

Take care everyone, rest, cry, talk, do whatever you have to do. The hardest part is over, we're on our way!

peace and love to you all
Unread 03-02-2008, 07:13 AM

Good morning ladies,
after my little outing and working around the house yesterday, i decided i was doing "nothing" for the next few days. i can't let down our friends next weekend that need me to make a grooms cake for them.........so i will chill out until then. my tummy is still hurting today......my incision even feels a little pulled which i hadn't had problems with before but i think its all from the swelly belly? not really sure, just know that i need to REST so that is what i am doing. i think i got carried away yesterday and let my ego get the better of me.......i thought i was doing so good and read all the posts about everyones outing and i wanted to be there too, so i did it. but like i told a friend last night: i do learn lessons, i now know what i am ready for and what i am not and i will do better next time.
anyway, i don't think my dissolving stitches have gone anywhere yet because all my tape is still in tact.......waiting for that to start to fall off!

anyone has this issue: when i sit i get a sharp pain on my right lower side?

emotions? i have nothing left in me:everything was taken out and they have not put me on hrt yet and i think i am doing fine so far. very surprised actually. i only get night sweats. i have had a few hot flashes during the day but nothing bad, i just wake up sweaty and i am so not used to that!!!

well, i am going to chill out with the tv today and hope for a restful day.
hope you all have a wonderul day
blessings
Unread 03-02-2008, 08:13 AM

Hope you are all enjoying your Sunday and taking it easy! I didn't do a whole lot yesterday as I rested lots after the outing on Friday and had a nice day. I did manage to sleep for 4 hours straight yesterday (a first) but it was from 8am to 12pm and the nightly insomnia continues. Hubby has to go back to work tomorrow and things are getting really tense as I keep him up half the night with my getting up and down all night long in the recliner. Tried sleeping on the couch downstairs but that didn't work out. I've got to find a way for him to get some sleep! Wondering if it would be worth it to get one of those inflatable beds to try and sleep on as the recliner is starting to make my back sore after a week. Has anyone slept on one of those? Maybe I could try a Benadryl and then hit the sack without waking him up. Really need for him to get a good night's sleep and I'm looking foward to the day I can sleep in my own bed again - wish I weren't a "side" sleeper!

I am starting to have what I guess are mini hot flashes - body gets warm like I had a shot of whiskey for no reason. Doctor is not likely to go with HRT unless I hit dire straights so I pray the fates will be easy on me!

Really enjoyed reading all about everyone's day and hope we will all have an even better go of it this coming week. It's exciting to think of how far we've already come in just a week or so!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register