Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 17 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 03-02-2008, 10:15 AM
Sunday report

Hi Sisters,

Hope you are all doing well and taking it easy!

I feel okay-little sleepy from not getting a good long sleep. Last night was probably the most restful for me since getting home from the hospital. DH fell asleep on the couch and decided to stay there for the night. I must be keeping him awake at night.

My swelling is going down a bit more, I was anxious for this to happen for purely vane reasons, however, it must mean less swelling/numbness=feeling your incision more.

Sharing on inquiries from other sisters:

I kept my ovaries. I had read that the ovaries may get a bit out of whack (temporarily) from the surgery trauma, so, I asked my doctor and she indicated it should not be a problem. So far, she has been correct. I have not been emotional at all.

Another sis asked about sharp pains. I feel those as well, not often. I think they may be nerves. I will be asking my doctor about those Tuesday at my first post-op appt.

Make it a great day gals!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2008, 10:59 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

I've been sitting and reading a good book - that's my "heightened activity" to see if the bleeding will get worse. So far its about the same, so I guess this is just normal discharge (albeit a bit heavier than I thought it would be - wasn't expecting it to actually be blood !).
I'm making myself a promise that I will do NOTHING this week except lay on on the sofa and watch TV or sit in a chair outside and read my book(s). My doc is out of town next week and I don't want anything to happen to me while he's away (he has a partner, but I don't know him -- I trust MY doc).

I'm glad to see that so many are feeling better and better as each day passes. I feel pretty darned good - better than I thought I'd feel. I get tired easily tho - a few hours of being awake and I need a nap - that's not like me !

Please remember to take it easy - remember the motto:

Have a happy Sunday
Unread 03-02-2008, 12:18 PM

Hello Sisters,

I have a question about a new symptom I have noticed since Friday. I had a TAH on 2/18 and have been feeling ok....normal issues of recovery. This past Friday I noticed that the skin on my abdomen feels like it has a slight sunburn when my soft cotton tshirt was touching it. The feeling is external on the skin. I am wearing my abdominal binder and it feels ok, it is when mytshirt touches it that I notice this feeling. I see my Dr on 3/3 for 2 week post op and I will discuss then, but I am worried I may be experiencing a sign of infection. I have no fever, and as I said this seems to be external discomfort rather then internal. So, if you have any insight, please share with me. I am trying to not worry but I am concerned as this is a new symptom and I want to stay on top of any issues that could interfere with my full recovery.
Thank you for sharing.I hope you all continue to feel better with each passing day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2008, 01:19 PM

Hello Ladies,
What a wonderful day, Sunday! Everyday is a blessing, but Sundays are special. I am feeling much better. It has been almost two weeks this Wednesday. I have been walking slowly around the house. I tackled stairs yesterday, they were noe problem. I am still having nights where I sleep in longer, but not the entire night, yet. It is encouraging to read your responses and know that you all are progessing nicely.

God Bless!
  Quote:
Make the most of every moment
Unread 03-02-2008, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daragh
This past Friday I noticed that the skin on my abdomen feels like it has a slight sunburn when my soft cotton tshirt was touching it.
Its amazing the things we feel / don't feel .... I have the slight sunburn feeling about 2 inches above my incision. And the inside of my thighs is still sort of numb. The pins/needles (without the pins/needle feeling) is now gone from my legs and arms. This is like a rebirth LOL

I overdid it today --- but the bleeding hasn't increased so I'm happy. I'm going to sleep well tonight - and pay for overdoing it tomorrow ! the rest of the week is 100% PRINCESS !!! I promise
Unread 03-02-2008, 03:05 PM
thanks to you all

Thank you for sharing your expirences. I find that I am tough sometimes and not afraid of any of it and then I turn around and am crying because of the unknown.

My stay at the hospital went great everyone was so helpful and kind. THe first few days home went well too. My husband has been helping out ore than I thought he would. My parents have been watching our kids (one and six year old boys). My sister in law comes over and helps clean and take care of them and me when my husband is at work.

But I am used to doing all of these things for myself and the family. I quit working last year after second baby and am truly the runner of the household. I don't hand over responsibility well. So, I am feeling better and not hurting and then do too much. I had a LAVH and the surgery pain is less than my two c-sections. I just get so tired. My husband gets mad because I still try to help our youngest and pick him up, which I know is a no no, but seem to still do it anyhow.

I am worried I will mess up and get adhesions, but can't wait until I am cleared for driving, walking more than around my house, and lifting.

Good Luck to you and thanks for being around here!
Unread 03-02-2008, 03:34 PM

anyone having problems with weird leg cramps? my right leg is hurting very badly-it came on all of a sudden and every little while i feel a tight cramp in my foot? any one ele?
Unread 03-02-2008, 04:30 PM
Hysterectomy pt. 2

Well, had hysterectomy pt. 2 on Tues. 2/26 first one was 1/16/08. First was TV this one was Lap. Had some oxygen issues so didn't get home till Fri., made me very sad. Peeps in hospital were so awesome though that I will never have enough kinds words for them, from the housekeeper who helped me when I got sick to the food delivery lady who made sure that this picky eater had food I would actually eat and gave me extras to store for when she wasn't working. All the mini-doctors and nurses and techs were super friendly and would say hi and cheer me on when I walked my laps. Anyway, finally got home Friday and wouldn't you know, the spot of skin between my two nostrils started bleeding and would not stop. Maybe from oxygen thing? Finally we put a bandaid across my nose for several hours and that helped. Then during that time a soon to be bedsore popped up and that was uncomfy but finally better today. The constipation was a major issue but I won that fight around 3am today, Sun. so all good. Funny part today was all of a sudden my belly started leaking. I checked and as long as it is not foul smelling or bloody all good. Have a lightdays pad there to absorb liquid. Hospital experience was as usual interesting. Different hospital from first procedure so was kind of entertaining comparing the two. Family was awesome and friends helped out, so all good. The bummer part is that my 6 week recovery for the first procedure was the day after the second one-so I guess I need a 12 week recovery page on this site LOL. Anyway hang in there all, someday this will be stories for our grandaughters.
Unread 03-02-2008, 06:22 PM
leg cramps

My right leg cramps every night as I go to sleep. It is sort of up high in the hip region. Maybe just one of those lovely things to get through!
Unread 03-02-2008, 06:54 PM

I have had the same thing in the past few days, mostly above the incision, like having brushburn whenever I touch it or clothes brush it. Annoying, but I have no fever so I'm not worrying.

Now if I could just stop coughing from the allergies, I'm down to about 3 coughs a day but I swear the muscle on the right side has been pulled and will have to heal on its won too it is so sore. If I didn't have the stupid allergies I would be walking all over the place, but my gut is so sore I'm at about the same I was last week. Getting restless, tired of laying around, but have little choice right now.

How is "messing up and getting adhesions" possible? You mean of we do too much the adhesions can come back? I hope not!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register