Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 18 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 03-02-2008, 07:38 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

well, the pain in my leg is quite weird. it mostly hurt near and on my foot. when it kept "tightening" up for over an hour, i took an asprin and after about an hour of that, it went away.....now i am wondering if it has anything to do with blood clots. when i first was put on depo they gave me something called aygestin and just taking two pills made my right arm swell up and feel like i had a blood pressure cuff on me- i started taking an asprin a day and stopped taking the aygestin and the feeling and swelling went away a couple of days later. dr. told me not to take anymore of the pills. i also had blood clots when i was pregnant for my 2nd child.......surgeon said they wouldn't put me on hrt until after the 6 weeks because there is a risk of clotting after surgery........so now with this happening today.....i am getting a bit concerned. if it comes back, i will call dr. tomorrow....but it was bad enough today that i was in tears.
anyway, ladies. i will take it easy the rest of this week and hope you guys will too.
oh yeah, anyone having problems with heartburn? i started with that yesterday and its given me problems off and on all day yesterday and today....wondering if the swelly belly has anything to do with that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2008, 07:49 PM

Hi all, no leg cramps, but I do get jumpy legs in bed of a night. Can't keep them still. Tat keeps me awake more than any stomach discomfort.(Not to mention Dh's snooring). But overall I.m feeling pretty good today. Alittle bit of bleeding still, cutting down on panadol, and My appetite is just about back ot norm. after running away for about a week.

So it's all for me.

I hope the rest of you are feeling the same.

TVH 2/18
Unread 03-02-2008, 08:08 PM

Had everything abdominally out and cannot thank this site enough. Discovered it a week and a half before surgery and it has been a great comfort source. All the pre op tips from stool softeners, gasx cinnamon strips to the dreaded swelly belly have been invaluable in making me seem normal.

Sunburn comment today really hit home. I feel like my belly has the worst sunburn if anything touches it. wierd. Anyway, thanks to all for all helpful info. Greatly appreciated and keep improving!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2008, 10:48 PM

I have pain in my right leg but not cramping like some of you. I can feel my hips getting really tight. I'm worried that I'm ruining everything that I accomplished from months of physical therapy for my hips last Fall. (Due to fibromyalgia) I also have the "sunburn" sensation on my tummy. I couldn't figure out how to explain it and that's the perfect description.

MikaLove - my heart goes out to you for having to go through two surgeries and double the recovery time. That's just not right.

I'm getting stir crazy. The trip to son's doctor last Friday just didn't do it for me. Unfortunately it was really windy today and I didn't really feel up to getting out. The evening ended with tornado sirens going off for about an hour. We knew the storm wasn't right on top of us but the sirens made the kids and dog anxious. There always seems to be some excitement around here. Maybe God figures I need the entertainment while I'm stuck at home. Just kidding. Anyway, it's suppose to snow tomorrow so I don't see myself getting out any time soon.

Later girls!
Unread 03-02-2008, 11:38 PM

Hey all, Today's Sunday and the weekend has been fairly uneventfull. Sat. took a walk with DH around the neighborhood in +7c temp. Today... not happening cause it's -21c. You gotta love Canada! I really enjoyed getting outside! Everyone is discussing the different dates of Dr. visits. Do you think it depends on whether or not your surgery was TAH or TVH? I had TVH 02/22 and my appt is at 6 week mark Nothing before. Maybe the issue of staples etc. requires earlier appt. I'm still feeling good. Trying to behave myself!!! It's tough some days! Down to 4 tylenol per day! I hope everyone is doing good also! Take care!
Unread 03-03-2008, 12:06 AM

i had a tah and my visit is at 6 weeks too. don't know why everyone is different but it might have to just do with the doctor's preference. my doc said if i have any problems before the 6 weeks, to call and they will get me in but that there is no need to be seen beforehand........although leg pains continue so i am calling dr tomorrow morning. dh wanted to go to emergency room but i told him to wait, i am just trying to stay off of it as much as i can........i use my potty breaks to stop by the computer-other than that, my leg is elevated.
hope you all get a good nights sleep
Unread 03-03-2008, 08:58 AM
Yes, I have had this too

Quote:
Originally Posted by mew68
anyone having problems with weird leg cramps? my right leg is hurting very badly-it came on all of a sudden and every little while i feel a tight cramp in my foot? any one ele?
I found that walking is the only thing that fixes it and takes my mind off it..I think truly its a lack of exercising the muscles...

Good luck.
Unread 03-03-2008, 09:15 AM
13 Days Post-Op!

WOO HOO, almost two weeks post-op here..I'm so glad I don't have to repeat what I was doing two weeks ago tonight..LOL..it was my last day of work and bowel prep..LOL..

I have the same feelings as most of you with the sunburn sensation and I find a material with more thickness to it helps..(yoga pants?)...the leg cramp issue yep..had that too and for me (I realize everyone is different) the walking helps.

Yesterday was very boring for me because we had a huge snow storm and couldn't get out. Finally I had dh take me to Wal-Mart to walk around for 30 minutes, that's all the exercise I got yesterday..I find my butt is asleep on the right side most of the time now except when I walk..its from all this laying around..sitting on it..LOL..I am an extremely active individual so much so that my pulse was so low in the hospital they had to wake me up & ask me if I was active..LOL..I said yeah, I'm a runner and cross-train 6 x a week and then they said "great to hear that" HA!

Today its lovely after the snow storm and so sunny out that I went for a walk at 9 and only got back at 10:15..no more sore back either..YAY...I am VERY happy with that and the Vitamin D is needed.

Its March break here now and my youngest son is home with me today which is really nice for company..so today will be a remarkable day I am sure..and as of tomorrow I will be able to drive if I NEED to...I don't feel the need, but if someone needs a drive to / from work I'll be able.

Swelly belly is really gone down although its still hanging..ugh..I dislike that very much, but what can you do? I've been doing pelvic floor exercises and tightening my tummy throughout the day to get my abdominal muscles moving. Still can't sleep on my side and am not having many consistent hours of sleep..am up about four times in the night to potty too..however, I can nap in the day if I need to although I've only had three naps in two weeks..not bad.

I'm coming right along in my reading material though finished two books started a third and went through two magazines. I've made five or six knitted dishcloths now and have a bunch of cotton wool that needs to be knitted up before I go back to work..

Has anyone else taken up doing anything they used to do that they didn't have time for to pass the time? Or have you started something new that you've always wanted the time to try?

Anyway, signing off now, didn't mean to write a novel, but I FEEL GOOD and wanted to share it...

HUGS SISTERS
Unread 03-03-2008, 09:30 AM

Hi everyone, it's great to hear that everyone is doing so well. Though I am so jealous that Dans-wife is allowed to drive as in the UK it is a minimum of 4 weeks.

I went to a check up today and everything is progressing well. I am not allowed to fly for another 4 weeks and have booked a trip to Fl, yipeee!

Suddenly I find I have energy to do so much more, and want to, when at first I was happy not to. I am 10 days post op, having everything removed and a vertical scar. I also had hormone implant inserted.

Today after my check up I made my DH go home via Costco (yep we have Costco in the UK!) and I had a nice browse, suddenly I felt exhausted and i went and waited for him in the cafe whilst he finished off. Now I am watching old Oprahs that i never normally get chance to, reading the new John Grisham and enjoying it!

Friends have stocked my fridge and freezer to the stage it's hard to shut! Just worried family are going to complain about my cooking when I start again as we have had some superb meals and cakes!

Weight is still down 10lbs! surprising with all the yummy food around. The lab report showed the huge fibroids, football and cricket ball size actually only weighed 2 1/2lbs!! So the rest of the weight loss was just from not eating for a week in hospital and 2 days before for bowel prep. I want to lose another 14lbs and as i am not active compared to usual, when I do classes and power walk i am cutting down what I eat. Don't know if this will last but trip to Florida in 4 weeks is so far keeping me determined.
Swelly belly is now flat as before I looked pregnant. Doc said was like carrying a 20 week foetus!!!!

Hope you all have a great day and continue to rapidly improve and enjoy the free time now we are all so much better!
Unread 03-03-2008, 09:59 AM

Hi All! Wed. this week will be 2 weeks post op for me. Today feels like a wonderful day as I have more energy and feel like I could tackle a lot! Although I don't want to overdo it. A minute ago though I was just sitting here crying for no reason. I was laughing at something and the next thing I knew I was crying (and it wasn't crying from laughing too hard). Weird. Anyways, they did leave my ovaries but I have been crying about "silly" things.

Anyone have this issue- Ovaries kept. Not getting hot flashes, but just seem to be warmer all the time? Before my surgery all my covers were up to my neck to keep me warm. Now I can't stand to have my comforter on and am still a little too warm with the other blankets.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register