Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 19 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 03-03-2008, 09:25 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

hi ladies
glad to hear everyone feels so energized this morning and feeling good. i had a bad night so i am not feeling that great......really tired, tummy sore......i did walk out to my sidewalk twice this morning and have been walking around my house but i feel very sore in the tummy area even to do that . this is new.....i didn't have this soreness before. last night i told my dh that i felt as bad if not worse than my first day home............anyway, hope its just one of those setbacks and that i will be able to take some forward steps soon.
hope everyone has a great day.
btw, i don't think my "leg cramps" are normal leg cramps-they didn't feel really crampy-it was more of a shocking pain down to my foot and the pain pretty much just radiated at my foot......then it would ease off. the asprin i took seemed to help........no more this morning so i am hoping its nothing.......
thanks for all the imput ladies........take it easy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2008, 10:46 AM

".....i didn't have this soreness before. last night i told my dh that i felt as bad if not worse than my first day home....."

Hi Ladies,

Today is 2 weeks post-op for me! The last 2 days I felt more achy in my tummy since I was in the hospital. Last night and today it is better. I also was feeling lightheaded as well. I went to church yesterday, my first outing, and found that I was not able to remain standing for all the songs due to the lightheadedness. I had a TVH and therefore am still having a discharge (pinkish and a little thick) which requires a panty liner. I hope the tummy pains remain at bay from now on. I also pray all you ladies hang in there and continue to progress on the road to recovery.

Blessings and peace.
Unread 03-03-2008, 11:16 AM

After a bad day yesterday, I feel so good today. I'm working (from my basement office) and plan on a quick 'rest' in about an hour.

My one issue - If I still had my uterus, I would be having my period. I'm not spotting (thank goodness, as I had a LSH and was a little worried about mini-periods) but Friday I had the worst PMS of my life. And I'm having hot flashes over the weekend too. I still have my ovaries, so I know I still have PMS symptoms (hopefully, the fact it was really bad was just a fluke) but why the flashes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2008, 12:00 PM
How do I talked to my Dr about her taking my cervix?

It was never in the plan to take my cervix. Three minutes before my surgery the nurse was going over notes and said I was having my uterus and cervix out. THats the first time I heard that. They wheeled me into surgery and started the music. I felt like I was on Nip/tuck. I was about to ask my Dr. about it and they put a mask on my face and that was it. NOW I have a cuff?? I want to talk to her about it but I don't want to make her mad. We are more on a friend level.

I just found this website and I noticed I've done almost everything listed in the "Not Allowed" I feel fine then I do things and hurt the rest of the day. I hope I didn't hurt anything inside of me.
Unread 03-03-2008, 12:37 PM

cherie
where are you from? i am from houma! i too had my cervix out, dr. told me it was standard procedure for them to go ahead and take it out. they said if it was very low and didn't interfere they would leave it, but most of the time take it out along with uterus. from what i am to understand when they say "total hysterectomy" they mean uterus and cervix. i am sure if you guys are in Friendship, she will understand your questioning what happened and you guys will be able to work it all out. i am sorry that you had to deal with that with no time to think or ask. i was told ahead of time when i went for my pre op because i asked about it.

i feel the same way, i was feeling great and i read all these ladies adventures out and about and i tried to do some stuff and ended up hurting and sore......i decided to take it easy....and try not to rush things. i keep having to remind myself that i had major surgery.
blessings
Unread 03-03-2008, 01:25 PM

Well... it's snowing here AGAIN! I went to Costco with DD and the 2 grandbabies. All went well, nice walking around the store. But coming across the parking lot I slipped in the slushy snow. The only thing that saved me from landing on my butt was holding the side of the cart! I think I've pulled the muscles in my inner thigh and butt cheek!!! No pain anywhere else and no spotting! But I tell you.. my heart stopped! I thought what have I done??!! Regardless.. I'm staying put for the rest of the day to be safe with my new book! Hope all is well with everyone!! Have a great one girls!!!
Unread 03-03-2008, 01:30 PM

Hello Sisters,

I went for my 2 week post op today and discussed all my "issues" of concern with Dr. As for the leg cramps, it is due to lack of movement, any walking you can do you should do. Every little 5 minute walk helps, even though it hurts, it helps the muscles and veins etc inside the body. So her answer was move more. As for the sunburn sensation, normal could be due to several things like skin stretching, nerves awakening, the drape cloth they used in OR, but again normal and not to be worried about. The crying and sudden mood swings are normal, surgery alone can cause this even if you kept ovaries as well as pain meds and just being down & out of your normal routine. So for all of us who have crying times...let them roll, it is normal we are not losing our minds, just going through the healing experience. I am on HRT, so I asked if this was the reason for my crying times, as I find myself crying over nothing, but just feeling blue and tears gently flowing. Dr says, this is normal and related to all of the above causes. She stated heat flashes are more of an indication of HRT not working properly, mood swings are more a result of ALL WE HAVE BEEN THROUGH~and we should remember we have been though a lot, physically, mentally and emotionally. So when hysterister says be kind and pamper the princess, they are 100% right. We can't expect too much from ourselves, and I know I am guilty of that for sure. I want to get up more, do more, be a part of the family more and I so want to speed this up. Key for me she said is to remember....time is needed to heal and take each day one at a time. Don't be hard on yourself for resting most of the day, your body will tell you what it needs. Trouble with me and most women is that in our minds we think "should be doing this or that" thoughts...and then we become sad and or frustrated when our body doesn't go along with the plan. So for now, I am learning to turn off the mind "thinking" and learning to listen to my body and it's daily messages of what it needs or is capable of doing. I guess we women have a hard time slowing down, and these feelings we are all talking about are normal.
Well, I hope this helps you feel better about your individual experiences. We are all in this together ~ supporting, sharing , understanding, listening and encouraging each other.
I hope you are feeling good today and listen to your body, one day at a time.
Unread 03-03-2008, 01:39 PM

Hi Sisters,

I agree with Daragh in that we need to pamper the princess. However, I run into a bit of a problem with that. My husband and his mother both keep telling me that I need to be up or I will never get better. Neither one knows what I do when he is not here. She is never here. I mentioned in my previous post that I went to church yesterday. I also have been doing some laundry - with permission from my doc. I also get my 4 year old ready for preschool every morning. I am in charge on paying our bills, etc. So, I AM getting up and moving about. What else do they expect at barely 2 weeks post-op? I have had zero help with housework, etc. It is beginning to get a little stressful for me! I'm trying to hang on though and pamper myself as much as I can!
Unread 03-03-2008, 01:50 PM

I did a little no no yesterday without thinking, I lifted a slightly heavy stool and carried it from one room to another. As soon as I lifted it and started to walk I thought "what are you doing?" but kept going anyway. My husband saw me and said the same thing. It didn't hurt too bad but I must have torn something inside because today I woke up hurting and spotting more than normal. I also feel a little blah. The Dr. lifted all my restrictions at one week and just said to listen to my body. So I guess today my body told me "Hey stupid don't lift heavy things!" I am listening now.
Unread 03-03-2008, 01:58 PM

I'm in West Baton Rouge/ Brusly

Thanks for taking the time to reply to me!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register