Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 02-22-2008, 01:43 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

4 days post op and i'm still in a lot of pain. I had a LAVH. The dr. said i might be running again as soon as 5 days after surgery but i can not even walk upright. I'm still taking vicodin every 4 hrs and using laxatives. I am concerned b/c I have not had a bm. I have not spoken with the dr. Maybe the surgery was more difficult than he originally thought it would be
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2008, 01:56 PM
My progress report..

My surgery was scheduled for Feb 19 at 11 AM..at 7:30 AM they called me to go in early for 9:20..which was fine but I didn't get the operation until exactly 11..

All went well, total abdominal hysterectomy with cervix.took the left ovary and left the right. The pain pump they gave me was good but I didn't ever get any consecutive hours of sleep in the hospital. Today when I was able to come home I had the first 1.5 hour interruption free nap..it was heaven.

I had a lot of visitors and that was nice although they all came at once? The best part is the surgery is over and the best part of the surgery was getting up and walking again..it made all the difference.

They didn't send me home with any pain meds which I thought was kind of odd, but I can take tylenol extra strength and advil extra strength at the same time..

My surgeon was LOVELY and kept coming in to see me and explaining things that he thought I would forget/forgot..and today gave me a list of don't do's..

The ladies on this site were exactly right in saying the gas pains are the worst..followed by the swelly belley..

To the 'ladies in waiting' the anxiety of waiting and not knowing is the absolute worst..

Hugs to you all as you go through pre-op, prep and then over to the other side..YAY, I'M HERE..
Unread 02-22-2008, 07:17 PM
I'm home!!

I am home at last!! I had my TAH-kept both ovaries-at 7 am as planned on Tuesday. Got home today (Friday at around 3:00pm). Some things weren't as bad as I had imagined, others were much worse. My uterus was much larger than the doctor expected. She was expecting 15 wk. size uterus, all she said was it was "much larger" not sure exact size. She asked my why I kept it so long. LOL The pain was bad the day of surgery, but the morphine kept me asleep most of the time. The second day I was switched to oxycodone but only took a few doses--I'm on Motrin right now, but I still may get my script filled for the oxy in case I might need it. They ended up having to give me a suppository (eeewwww sorry) last night because I was having problems passing the required gas, etc. probably due to fact that I had a JP drain, a catheter and two stints because fibroids were pressing on my ureters and my walking around was severely limited. But the suppository turned out to be the worst part as at 2 am I was rudely awakened by a need to RUN to the bathroom!! Let's just say my run was not successful and I was showered by 2:30 this morning! Very humiliating but completely out of my control.
Glad to be home,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2008, 11:40 PM

I've been reading all New Princess posts. I'm so glad y'all are all doing good and finally past your surgery. My TVH was on Jan 21 and it's hard to believe just four weeks ago I was where y'all are now. Good luck to each of you and I'm praying for you all.
Unread 02-23-2008, 07:43 AM

this has been one hell of a year so far. I had a lumpectomy on 1/2/08 in which they removed 13 nodes. All were cancer free!! Since this is my second breast cancer, my Dr's wanted me to have a TAH which I agreed. 2 days before my operation my mom passed way. I know she would have wanted me to go do what had to be done, so I did. I was there Tuesday at 10:30, went under at 12:00 was done by 1:30. All went well. I was sleeping most of the day, from all the stress I had. Wed they took the catheter out. I had pain killer via a button I had to push? Very nauseous and sick that day. o2 stats went low, so they kept me another night. Path report came back fine! Whoo-hoo No DM since Monday. Yesterday was a bad day lots of pain and discomfort. FINALLY a BM this morning feel much better!!! Still hurts but I can sit now!!! lol ordered the belly band will it still help? Radiation in a week, things have to start on an upswing!!
Linda
Unread 02-23-2008, 10:54 AM

Toni, I am happy to hear things went well. Sounds like you had a 'run' for your money..LOL..I mean that in the nicest possible way. I am going to stop the stool softeners as I've gone so darned much I'm sore all over..anyway, no problem passing gas here

Every day we should be feeling better..all of us..
Unread 02-23-2008, 01:25 PM

Had my LAVH on the 20th and came home the 21st. All went well and now just sleeping a lot. Hospital staff were all great and made my surgery and recovery so relaxed. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.
Unread 02-23-2008, 01:54 PM

On day 5 post-op and still doing okay. I don't know how some of you are doin git without prescription pain killers! I am just trying to wean myself down to one every four hours instead of two every four hours! Had first BM yesterday and it was a big relief! Not too painful either. It just seems that as soon as when I eat it starts to hurt again. Anyone else have this?

I am resting as much as possible and enjoying having limited vistors. Trying to walk as much as I can to keep things moving. Did steps for the first time today. Not too bad - going up was definitetly harder than going down. I used a cane to help.

My pastor is just pulling up so I will post again later!

Glad to hear all the positive reports! Love to all!
Amy
Unread 02-23-2008, 02:27 PM

Hello Everyone,
I had my LAVH on 2/18/08 and must say that I am feeling really good. I am walking around the house and up and down stairs about 3 times a day. Other than gas pains, I have not experienced any pain. I am so glad it is over and so relieved that I feel as good as I do.

The website really helped me to prepare for the surgery and really enlightened me as to what to expect.

Hope everyone else is doing as well.
Unread 02-23-2008, 03:20 PM

I'm day 5 of post-op also and although I wasn't given any pain meds to take, am taking one extra strength tylenol & one extra strength advil every four hours. At bedtime I am adding one extra tylenol. My back is what's killing me. I'm sure I've pulled a muscle using my upper body to maneuver in the darned bed.

Today dh dressed me up & walked slowly with me around the block at our home and we got two times in at twenty minutes each. I am very happy with that.

I am also experiencing the 'hurting during eating' or a BM directly after which causes me great anxiety...food doesn't taste good and my belly is very swollen, but down 1.5 inches from yesterday...

I've been going up/down stairs about three times a day since yesterday and I don't find it bothers me at all. Mostly I find my right leg is pins/needles most of the time which makes no sense to me because my left leg is fine..anyway, when I walk it feels better..so I'm going to keep that up.

I pray that tonight I actually SLEEP..I haven't had any nappies today at all in hopes of a good night..

Checkin in again tomorrow...hopefully three times around the block!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register