Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 20 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 03-03-2008, 03:01 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Princess B,
This is where "nod and smile" comes in, just let those words become blah blah blah and after they are off the phone or out the door, go lay down and take care of yourself. We are all different, as this forum so clearly shows with all our varied experiences, so even if your mother-in-law had 17 c-sections, she is not you, so forget about comparing (if she tries).
We are the ones who must live with our bodies forever and the only ones who can absolutely make sure we get healthy again. (I''m telling myself this too). So get your rest whenever the busy bodies aren't around--you'll be a busy body soon enough, let' s make sure we're not in pain then because of guilt now.

and to all,
I got back from riding in the pickup to the health food store and waling in there for about 10 minutes and I'm down for the count the rest of the day now. Belly is still so sore from coughing, but I've managed to squelch any coughs today, hoping I'll feel better tomorrow.

Turn 47 today at 4:08pm eastern--Happy Birthday to me- and SO glad to see a new year --had a heart attack, kidney stone and now this all in the last year-- goodbye and good riddance 46!
Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2008, 03:19 PM

Princess B

It is so easy for others to say we "should" be doing this or that....they have no clue what we are feeling and going through. Yes, getting up and moving is good for our healing...but we must listen to our body when it says no more go sit down, lay down etc. I too have watched my home turn into total chaos and turn inside out. My 3 children do my chores as best they can and DH does what he can....he works so many hours too, and in my heart I know they are doing the best they can. Doesn't ease my desire to get in there and sort it out...but I can't, so more acceptance for me to learn. I am so grateful for this board as only those who have experienced or are experiencing this KNOW what we are saying, feeling, etc etc. Even my best girlfriends don't fully understand, they care & wish me well but do not know what I am going through. The sisters here do, and reading each post gives me a feeling of support & comfort. So use what we have here on this site and realize our loved ones mean well, they just really don't understand our experience.
Sending everyone positive & healing energy today & everyday
Unread 03-03-2008, 03:20 PM

Happy Bday shep337! Hope it's a great day!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2008, 03:22 PM

Happy Birthday Kim

Take it easy and feel better with each passing day!
Today you have 2 great reasons to pamper Princess Kim
Unread 03-03-2008, 04:23 PM

i to had my cervix removed. she casually mentioned it on my pre-op visit. i knew i was having a tah, but cervix too? she said yes. so i did know going in, although i'm still now sure why. what is a "cuff", i wonder if i too have that? seems like your the first other person on here who is doing as good as i am. tomorrow will be week 2, made the big walmart run today(although i didn't lift anything). i ran(errands, fun) not run literally. ha! all weekend. other than being a little tired(from the last 3 days), and having some itchy stitches i feel totally normal. infact i feel great.
Unread 03-03-2008, 04:35 PM
Hi ladies

Kim:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR KIM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

Daragh..thank you SO MUCH for asking all those questions..LOL..great responses to ease everyone's mind.

I too am wondering about this vaginal cuff business..can someone explain what it is? I suspect I don't have one..but who knows..my surgeon also took the cervix and as they wheeled me into the OR is when I found out about it..he said if I felt strongly I could keep it but I'd most likely have spotting every month..and it leaves me open for cervical cancer AND I'd still have to have pap tests..my response..I DON'T THINK I NEED IT..HAVE AT IT..LOL..

Curious about the cuff business though..
Unread 03-03-2008, 05:18 PM

cherie,
wow, you are near by! this site is wonderful the way it has connected so many of us together. its so nice to know others that are going through the same thing and understand. its hard when people relate it to any surgery or what they expect and don't really know how tramatic this actually is. I am thankful that my family is so supportive......I don't know what I would do without them.....or without this site. I get on here several times a day and night to see how everyone is doing and compare some of my issues....nice to know i am not the only one dealing with some of this.
anyway. have a blessed day
Unread 03-03-2008, 05:20 PM

Kim
Happy Brithday! Hope you have a restful evening!! and eat some cake!!
Unread 03-03-2008, 05:54 PM
Vagina Cuff

You might find this link helpful in describing the vaginal cuff. Looks like it's standard for most total hysterectomies (where both the uterus and the cervix are removed).
Unread 03-03-2008, 06:44 PM

Tomorrow (Tuesday) I will be exactly two weeks post-op and I finally had my staples removed today. Yippee! I feel a lot better now. I didn't think it would feel that much different without the staples but for some reason it does. Less sore and less pulling. Each day gets better, more energy and less pain. Here's to all of us on the road to recovery and to Kim.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register