Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 23 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 03-04-2008, 04:27 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Oh my - I have to wonder if I really AM just lazy ! I get moments when I feel bored and restless but they don't last long. I've been recording alot of interesting shows from the Discovery Health channel so I rotate between reading a book (I bought 6 for my recovery period), watching a Discovery Health show, sitting on the porch just listening to the birds, coming online for 20 minutes or so, and napping. I'm enjoying every moment of my recovery now that the worst of the pain is over.
I guess I was born to be a pampered princess
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2008, 05:18 PM

Hi ladies,
well, i decided this past weekend that i needed to slow down and pamper the princess. i haven't done anything these last three days besides sleep (finally getting naps in again during the day), watch tv or sit on the computer for about 20 minutes at at time (sometimes much less). my walks are to the bathroom and around the house. i was so eager to get well, that i think i over did it saturday just by going to target for 20 minutes and washing 7 dishes in my sink.........i had a bad night last night-slept in bed and woke up in pain because my pillow slipped out from holding my belly.....so i have been exhausted all day. but i have had such a wonderful peaceful day.....i've already taken three naps and took two pain pills today ( i had pretty much stopped taking them but the pain was bad today)
so anyway, i am going to be lazy the rest of the week and really pamper myself (oh how i long for a nice long bubble bath!!!) until friday evening when i have to make a groom's cake for a wedding on saturday. but that is all i plan on doing too (with help of course).
glad to hear that others are joining me in resting so i don't feel like i am the only one!!!
also glad to hear so many of you are doing so well.
blessings
Unread 03-04-2008, 05:30 PM

Hi sisters! I've been away from the thread for a couple of days due to a problem with the internet connection. Right now I'm borrowing some energy from a neighbors WIFI and will ride this wave for a little while. I've missed you all.
I spent last week at my parent's house reliving the role of "their little girl". I felt very nurtured, it was good fun and super relaxing and I got to spend some quality time with both M and D. I feel lucky to still have them both around, they are in their 70's and Mom has been going through chemo and radiation for lung cancer over the past 3 months. We took care of each other a bit.
M had a TAH a number of years ago so she knows well, what I should more or less be able to handle. I have to say that I did not overdo it (mostly because I want to, want to, want to, reclaim a healthy life). I must thank my parents for their insistence on daily walks. I feel that the walks have really strengthened me (M says the same) and it sure feels good to get that blood circulating (and not loosing it all the time) again. Walks are highly recommended. I started on day 6 out of hospital (which obviously isn't for everybody) and have been fine so far.
I am at my home now and DH is back to his kind and supportive self (I am back to my vice of cooking yummy, healthy (easy) things, which helps). I am generally always up to some project or other so everyone is surprised that I am managing to not overdo it. I guess that I am just so thankful to have this time off where I don't have to deal with the often overwhelming grind of NYC that I am willing to sit quietly (relatively) and to do what I am told!
One of my daily activities that I have found very rewarding and a bit time consuming is getting in touch with loved ones via internet or, by putting together a good old fashioned hand written letter, complete with old fashioned photographs, to be sent in the old fashioned mail.
Another activity that I am enjoying is completing a "healing program" in a book I recommended in another communication a couple of days ago... the book , "Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom" by Christiane Northrup, MD has a personal plan for "healing" mind-body which begins on page 577. I find it to be particularly powerful in the way that it is helping me to (and I quote) "commit myself to the process of creating health in all levels of my life".
I highly recommend it if you have the time, and are the type of person who likes to answer questions that are aimed at helping you to look deeply at quality your life, and your happiness.
I love to hear all the stories of the energy that is bubbling forth from many of our healing bodies (and minds). This couldn't have been an easy road for anybody. For those of you that don't feel quite up to speed, I wish you lots of positive energy and health and an easier path tomorrow.
Keep going and remember to think good thoughts and that the choice that you made was meant to improve the quality of your life.
Best to all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2008, 06:59 PM

Hi curly,

I had same feelings last week. Being alone was driving me stir crazy. But then i realised that even though I was alone, I actually wasn't lonely! just probably boored. I'd had so much attention till then.

Now, with all DF either at work or school it gets to 5pm & I find myself thinking OH SHOOT!!!!! THEY"LL BE HOME SOON.

Seems to me the days are starting to race by. & I'm really ENJOYING the peace & quiet.

Still have a little bleeding though. Not much pain. I would dearly LOVE to have a big cough. But just too scared at the moment.

Wishing everyone a great day with lots of R&R

molly
TVH 2/18 (small setback last week. now doing well)
Unread 03-04-2008, 10:22 PM
silly crying

Just watched Stardust with DH sleeping next to e. Things seem fine and then I just start crying. They left my ovaries in, but I can tell that there is all sorts of hormone imbalance going on. I cry alot at strange and bizarre times. My body has started smelling different. Anyone else with that? It is annoying because it hasn't been a change for the better.

Oh well thank you all for being around and I am glad we are all two weeks out!

J-LAVH for fibroids, endometriosis, and heavy bleeding
Unread 03-04-2008, 10:47 PM

Sending good thoughts your way today! I just wanted to pass along something great that happened to me. I had hubby go to Walmart this past weekend and buy me an inflatable mattress that sits 20 inches off the ground. I put a thick mattress pad on it, nice sheets and blankets, then filled it up just right where I was comfortable. I was then able to roll on my side and have just the right amount of "give" there so I didn't have any pulling or pain! It was also very easy to sit on the edge and kind of "roll" out of the bed. I have slept the past 2 nights, only waking up a couple of times to go to the bathroom and then being able to go right back to sleep. WOW!!! I wish I had thought of this last week before I got so sore sleeping in that darn recliner. It is heavenly being able to sleep on my side!
Unread 03-04-2008, 11:25 PM

is the air mattress on top of your bed? i can't figure that out? i can't imagine trying to get down to floor level to sleep? just curious
Unread 03-05-2008, 08:12 AM

This may be TMI for some? I too have been noticing an unusual odor associated with my body....not really unpleasant, just different... In an information section on this website on what to expect during weeks 3/4 post op, I read that our discharge may begin to smell differently and perhaps a bit unpleasant at this point... The column attributed this odor to the fact that our bodies are now in the process of dissolving our internal stitches, it went on to talk about how we might even see little pieces of string in our discharge which are the actual stitches. It also advised that if there is any pain or fever associated with the unusual discharge, to be sure to contact you Dr....
I'll look around to see where I read about that and put the title of the article in another posting...
Unread 03-05-2008, 08:19 AM

The article entitled "What is this smell and spotting" can be found in the "postop" section.....click at the top of the screen.... when inside, look to the right of the screen and find "postop week 3/4 checkpoints"....
click on that section and you can scroll down to the article. There is lots of great info for us in this section at this point. How fantastic to have all this available to us!
Bless you all sisters. Have a healing day today!
Unread 03-05-2008, 09:29 AM
Good morning...

Good morning sisters,

Liilaa: sounds like you had a nice rejuvenating time with your parents. Prayers to your mom for a kind healing recovery. I too find the walking has been the very best medicine for the TAH/LSO.I go walking outside every day twice a day. It keeps things moving and helps my skin glow. I am quite pale so it’s nice to see my rosy cheeks. I’ve also been writing some “thank you” notes and bought some nice note cards with my first initial yesterday so I can send further ‘notes’ out in the old fashioned mail J

Molly 1959: I’m also enjoying the peace & quiet and with it being March break here from school my two boys are working, but at various times. I’m finding the mornings are the most peaceful because they’ve already gone or are still snoozing in their beds…great time for listening to music, reading or just being with yourself. I also would like a big cough and a sneeze. OMG.I’ve been holding back the sneezes since the operation and I can’t wait until I can let it go & kill some of those brain cells HAHA

Pdjalapeno: We also watched “Stardust” on Sunday evening while I knitted. It was quite a good show don’t you think? Although the captain of the flying ship was a tad off J I’m not sure what you mean exactly about your body smelling different? I noticed an odd odor from my urine but figure its all the healing going on inside; is that what you mean? I haven’t had any discharge at all since post-op day three and I haven’t been seeing any of the stitches Lila found on the post-op weeks ¾ site either perhaps I would later?

Yesterday was my two-week post-op day and I went for a 30-minute walk in the morning and then came home and had a shower & read my book. I didn’t feel like doing much yesterday and I even had a nap in the afternoon. I had my oldest son drive me to the Hallmark store to get a card & small gift for my sister-in-law and had to leave right after getting there to come home and have a BM.UGH..Happens EVERY time I get somewhere. HA!

When DH came home from work we went to Wal-Mart so I could walk around again because it was NASTY outside, so I walked another 45 minutes in there although it was quite boring and people begin to look at you funny when they see you every 5 minutes J After we got home youngest son and I played chess and I won my FIRST GAME J He was disappointed HAHA.that’s what happens when you have all day to calculate your moves!

The most amazing thing happened last night! I went to bed at 11 AM and put my book away about 11:30 and I only woke up at 4:45 to P.ISN’T THAT GREAT~~~ I felt so rested when I woke up this morning I went for a 6 KM walk (although it was nasty weather wize we’re calling for freezing rain all day)! Isn’t that great? 6 KM..DH measured the distance with the car it did take me 80 minutes, but I had no idea I had gone that far! I came back and made coffee and read the paper at the table.

The other BIG WIN yesterday was my steri-strips came off and I can see the incision.everything looks GREAT! As long as I don’t cough/sneeze/fall/pull I think I’m going to be very happy with it!

I do find the change in energy is the worst part I’m dealing with. Energized one hour & slumped on the couch the next..It’s depressing. I’ve had my bouts of crying, but nothing this week except for the sad shows J

So, tomorrow night is the big outing for myself & DH, we had bought tickets to see The Wilkinson’s in concert here at the high-school It starts tomorrow evening at 7:30 and I’m kind of concerned about sitting in the same spot for three hours.sigh. I guess the worst that could happen is I have to go potty to change position.

Onward & Upward ladies, have a FANTASTIC day!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register