Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 31 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 03-08-2008, 07:40 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

hi all
dolphinsplash, i too am sorry about your mom. i can't imagine what you are going through but I know that God can get you through it all. I will keep you in my prayers.

i want to thank everyone for the well wishes and prayers on the cake. it came out wonderful. i will try to post a picture of it (once i figure out how on this site)! i could not have done it without my dd who is 12. it took us three hours to do all those little stars! of course, we did have to start over after i had done a good bit of the cake, i wasn't happy how it was coming off so we scraped it off and dh helped me outline it better and then we started over. my hand was so tired and my belly was a bit sore from the postion i was in ( i tried to sit as much as possible but that wasn't very comfortable either for too long)......but we got it done. when you see the cake you are going to go "three hours" but making all those little stars on the side of the cake are not especially easy and your hands get tired! anyway, i asked God to guide our hands and to help us get it looking good and of course he delivered! i am pleased with it.
poet, i agree with you-its much more fun to watch someone enjoy my cake than for me to eat it.....i don't know if i will get to see anyone enjoy it if i don't make the reception for a little while but i will have to see if i can make it there.......i'm not feeling horrible this morning like i thought i would but its still early......i definitely don't want to over do it

well, its time for me to get off of here, let me pray for you all
Lord, I pray right now for Linda as she is going through so much, Lord I pray that you will bring her peace and comfort and pour out your love to her that she will feel you in her life. Lord, I can't imagine losing my mom right before surgery but Lord, you know everything that is going to happen exactly how it happens and you know exactly what she needs right now. Please bless her with your assurance and the wonderful memories of her mom to carry her through these difficult days. Thank you for bringing her to us to give her support and love. Lord I pray for to trust in you through all of the moments of pain and sorrow. heal her Lord. Lord, I also pray for all of my friends that are hurting today, I pray that you will allow their meds to relieve them and for them to have comfort today knowing that better days are ahead. for those that are doing well, i pray for them to take it slow and for you to show us when we need to take it easy. Lord, you are marvelous and I love you and I thank you for bringing me to this wonderful site with these wonderful women who have encouraged me and made me laugh. such blessings only come from you. Lord, I pray that you will help us all heal and to take it slow and easy. we have the rest of our lives ahead of us and need to take this time to heal to avoid other complications. Lord, I pray that you will comfort us when we get depressed, lonely or frustrated, that you will bring joy to our hearts through you love, our loved ones and friends, and that you will bless the people who run this website for their wonderful gift to us all. thank you Jesus for your salvation, redemption and love.amen

off i go to shower and try to make it through the day. i have so much energy right now-i am trying to slow myself down!! i don't want to wear myself out before lunch!!!
blessings ladies for a wonderful day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2008, 08:02 AM

Linda, my prayers are with you. When I have those 'everything happens at once' times in my life I try to remember that if it weren't for the valleys that we'd never know the beauty of the view from the mountaintop. I'll be praying along with Marta (mew68) for your recovery both physically and emotionally.

I feel good today. I was actually a little more active yesterday. I prepared dinner (codfish in tomato sauce) although I was too tired to do a veggie but I had spent some of the day cleaning the countertops and appliances in the kitchen. It wasn't strenuous and I took my time but by dinner time I was kind of "spent" just from being awake so many hours.

I'm going on my first outing today - DH and I are going to the grocery store (ROFL, yeah exciting, I know). On Wednesday I'm going to attempt to go out with my sister and mom for dinner (a Wednesday tradition in my family).

I'm going to sit on the porch with a book now. I can see a large flock of ibis in the yard and I want to watch them more closely. Yesterday we had alot of rain and tornado watches -- today is simply gorgeous, I can't wait to get outside and celebrate the day

My best to all of you.
Unread 03-08-2008, 08:31 AM

anyone know how to post a picture on here. i have a picture of the cake to show you all, but i can't seem to find a way to post it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2008, 09:26 AM
Checking in...

Morning sisters,

Poet…CONGRATULATIONS on your upcoming wedding. I am thinking we have a great group of folks who have had hysterectomies from the 19th – 25th of February and hoping we will always remain in contact to some degree. I wish you much love in your future! I am saddened that you also have selfish friends as I do. I’ve been thinking about this relationship for some time, and I too have some soul searching to do…The second in the series of Blood Brothers is due in stores this month..I can hardly wait!

Mew..the cake sounds lovely…stars are a great thing to put on a cake especially in marriage. Shoot for the moon, accept the stars! I remember we had two grooms cakes for our wedding and we had it done up in foil with lovely trimmings..it was for the ladies to take home to put under their pillow so they could dream of their ‘one true love.’ It wasn’t that great cake to eat as it was fruitcake sort. I also thank you for your continued prayers!!!!

Sunflower66..I’m sure you’ll find your incision a little more sensitive, but it will begin to heal much more quickly now…I know mine is scabbing over (sorry for TMI) and starting to itch a little which I know is HEALING…! I shaved most of the hair off prior to the surgery and quite frankly know I have less irritation because of it…it was one thing I did that was fairly smart J High Noon? What is that one about..I LOVE Nora’s writing..

Molly 1959 who wrote "Mao's Last Dancer"? It sounds like a good book.

Polish Princess, you had your surgery the same day as mine, and I couldn’t imagine rubbing something into my incision…is the scabby part gone from yours? Is it lightly pink? Can you describe?

Dolphinsplash – You have been through so much with your mom’s passing, I read your early posts when you had first your surgery, I am positive she thinks of you always, and you of her…always remember the good things..how she was…my mom means a lot to me although I do not talk to her every night..I don’t know what I would do without her..other than my grandmother my mother is the strongest lady I have ever met. Bless you on the radiation and being able to find the good in every day…you are in inspiration also! Please ensure when your doing laundry that all your doing is folding it…don’t be hauling it in & out of the washer to dryer…I can’t believe I am saying that because I am such a DOER..but it truly isn’t worth it if you cause inner damage…

Have a GREAT day ladies..a little more energy every day!
Unread 03-08-2008, 09:32 AM
18 Days Post-Op

Morning sisters:

Well, yesterday it was so sunny here that I took off for my walk around 1..and enjoyed all the sweet sounds of a promising spring to come and went for my 6 Kilometre walk again. I did it in 60 minutes instead of the previous 80..which tells me I'm HEALING WONDERFULLY

Then I drove my oldest son to work and picked up my youngest so I had a big win with driving..YEAH...! It felt so good to know that if I wanted to go anywhere I could. Of course I chose not to...LOL..

Last night when dh came home we went to the mall and I made it one lap around which I thought was pretty good..then we went to Starbucks for my 'treat' an apple cinamon caramel drink..it is just LOVELY and has no caffiene...then we picked up a new novel for dh because he's also an avid reader but doesn't keep stacks of books around like his most lovely wife HAHA

The very best part of last night was I SLEPT!!! I got up about 1:30 AM to Pee, and then I slept until 9:45 this morning..isn't that AWESOME? AND my swelly belly has gone down some more..YEAH..I am just JAZZED today..

Dh has been doing the housework and I have done the dusting so that's my limited contribution. He said after lunch we'd go for our walk together and then he'll go to the grocery store..I've looked at a couple of recipes to get ingredients for next week for me to cook..what is so great about that you ask? I NEVER COOK..I'm a horrible cook..LOL..but I'm pretty excited to try these two new recipes..a chicken penne pasta and an italian linguini...YUMMY!

Anyway, today is going to be a GREAT day, I just know it for all of us...

Keep on Keepin on ladies..
Unread 03-08-2008, 09:57 AM

Hi Everyone,
I feel really lazy reading what you are all up to!! 6km walks, icing intricate cakes, shopping in the mall.
I want to but as soon as I do even little things I get tired and feel uncomfortable.
Today I went with DH to the super market and felt shattered by the time we checked out!!
I am actually happy lazing around again, a few days ago I was restless.
Tomorrow i intend to walk to the village, if it actually stops raining. It's about 2km and have a coffee and then return... We'll see.
I am really scared of putting weight back on with all this in activity.
Not doing much cooking still as friends really have filled our freezer!!
Other friends dont seem to understand why I am not fully back to normal yet and you feel a bit wimpy explaining!!!

I have started reading recipe books and planning stuff to cook when this food runs out. I have all the Gordon Ramsey books but havent made much of his yet.

Have a great and healthy day everyone!!
Unread 03-08-2008, 10:22 AM

Hello Ladies,

wow you are all doing so much, I am so happy to read of all of your accomplishments!!
I am slow to get going it seems?? I am walking around the house & a few times I have gone down to the mailbox, but that is it.
I can't imagine walking through the mall, as these little walks knock my energy level down. The "sunburn" feeling is still happening and now my groin seems to be "acting" up. I get a tight,pulling, pinching feeling and bruised feeling,I guess the only way to describe it is to say it feels similar to when elastic is to tight and pinches. Is anyone still wearing their abdominal binder? I am as it helps with clothing rubbing against the "sunburn" feeling and it supports me when I am sitting up. Keep posting as I really enjoy reading about everyone's day & healing stories. Have a great day and feel good
Unread 03-08-2008, 11:37 AM

hi
well don't let me fool any of you. i have been active these last two days but that is it. i haven't done much up until yesterday because i needed a blouse for the wedding and the items to make my icing so i went shopping.i was gone an hour. the cake? well, my dd baked it for me and my dh cut it into the shape i needed it. my dd and i iced it together. when i said stars i meant the shape of the tip that i used. the cake looks like a usmc sergeant's insignia. he just got promoted! today i told dh that i didn't have flats to wear to the wedding and i was going to have to try out heels but i was afraid it would hurt my tummy. his first thought was "did you check with the other ladies on the website?". i laughed and said no but i don't have a choice. and my wonderful dh said, lets go get you some. so we went to payless and found me some cute little flats to go with my outfit. He is being so wonderful. but we decided to go to walmart after payless and i guess i got a little ahead of myself. i started walking a little faster than normal and that was a big mistake. i felt pulling on my right side ( a pain i haven't felt before) so we came straight home. i am trying to sit and rest because i still want to make the wedding. i have decided to go to the reception to just see the groom's reaction to the cake (its a surprise for him). i worked too hard on it not to get to see if he likes it. but dh said he would bring me home as soon as i am ready. i promise to not over do it. i will sit and not move too fast from now on. thankfully i had taken a pain pill as a pre-emptive strike and it kicked it just when i needed it so i am doing okay right now.
well daragh, don't feel bad! i plan on resuming my "limited activity" this afternoon. i don't want to rush it. i have that "sunburn" feeling as well and it is annoying. i have those pulls too and it can be very painful sometimes.
anyway, ladies. thanks again for the encouragement. i need to start getting ready, we are leaving in 1/2 hour. hope everyone has a wonderful day
Unread 03-08-2008, 11:44 AM

mew,

Have a wonderful time and let us know just how much the groom enjoyed his special cake. Thanks for your supportive words too! I am just listening to my body day by day, and sometimes it seems to be hour by hour. I do feel better with each day and I know in a few months with all of this behind me, I will be begging to just sit and rest a bit Hope everyone is feeling good today!
Unread 03-08-2008, 11:51 AM

It's Sat and I have been out to lunch and shopping at Publix. Now I'm going to rest. Then I have a church class at 4pm and a service at 5pm. Then I won't go to church tomorrow. Tomorrow we set the clock ahead and I plan to rest all day!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register