Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 34 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 03-09-2008, 11:17 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

hi ladies
well, i certainly over did it yesterday with the wedding. last night i was tired but i thought i was okay. this morning i woke up in horrible pain-to walk, to sit upright or to simply touch my right side. i took a pain pill and reclined in my recliner and watched movies. i am still very sore but i wanted to sit up for a little while and read all the posts. i know that i need to do nothing for the next couple of days to recoop. i am worn out. its so weird for me because i am the one that can stay up 24 hours at a youth lock in and then do a whole day of activities and keep going. i am totally exhausted. i so wanted to go to church today but knew that i should not. i intend on behaving myself. i usually am in charge of the easter egg hunt we are having next saturday at church and even though i have lined someone up to handle the program activities that day, i would like to be there and it will be my 40th birthday, so i am taking it easy all week. i want to be in good shape for that.
ladies, i hope all of you rest today and have a wonderful day. i am heading back to my recliner.
love to all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2008, 01:05 PM

Happy Sunday, ladies! What a treat it was to log on and read about everyone's progress. I really appreciate everyone taking the time to share their thoughts and concerns here - it helps me so much and I'm blessed to share this little home base with all of you. You are all in my prayers today for comfort, energy, rest, peace or whatever else you need to move to that next level of recuperation. Here's to this coming week, our best yet. We will be stronger and healthier by this time next week! You are all like lovely springtime flowers - the bulbs planted but were dormant for a time, now slowly extending your lovely blooms in all different colors at all different speeds. What a lovely garden we have.
Unread 03-09-2008, 01:17 PM

Hi Bette, I can't wait til Tuesday.How has your recovery been? Lynn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2008, 02:06 PM

I love the garden analogy, that fits this so perfectly! I love flowers and am drawn to read about everyone's daily progress, not just to compare to mine, but to feel like part of a community--part of a garden.

I had a bunch of friends, some are former co-workers, come over yesterday, supposedly for 5 minutes, but turned into longer we enjoyed chatting so much. At one point, while laying on my side on the couch during the visit I threw up my right hand into the air and lifted one foot to imitate how my late doggie used to take up the whole bed when she was up on it-since my new old dog (SPCA rescue foreclosure dog) is so careful to take up one corner--even though she's 70 lbs! and felt a pull in my right side--ouch! Everyone saw me cringe and had the empathetic owww with me and told me to watch myself! I just got carried away in the fun.
Fortunately it doesn't hurt too bad today so I think I didn't do any real damage, just maybe strained a muscle that's overworked already? Hope so.
I'm walking slow and careful today to make sure. Hardly any spotting, incision looks good to me, sure some scabs, feels normal though. I'll have to try that vitamin E cream--sounds good! My belly above the bikini cut is still a bit swollen, but not near as bad as Thursday--the day after I overdid it.
I enjoy reading all the different things everyone is doing, quite a variety of lives to read about. I have so much empathy for Dolphinsplash, I can't imagine life without my mom, we've been living together for most of my life as she had a stroke 16 years ago that after several years has fully recovered from, but can't afford to live alone and I'm not rich so I can't buy her a house (yet, one day I'd love to) so we live together. She was a great nurse whose bedside manner (Krazzee Mary is her nickname) is legendary so I have it made during all of this and I know I'm extremely lucky to have her here day and night.
I too have had to deal with psychic vampires, but being say what's on my mind and tell them when they become whiners and to go do something instead of complaining. Some have done things and changed their lives--and we're still good friends, others stopped coming around and now complain to others. Never really were friends after all. Took me many years to start saying no. Now it makes "yes" mean more.

Thanks flowers for the nice day!
Kim
(I think I'll be a dahlia today)
Unread 03-09-2008, 02:40 PM

I had a total hysterectomy (ovaries too) on 2/19 due to a very large fibroid approx 15cm deep in my pelvis. The fibroid was larger than that, so I had to take Lupron injections for three months before surgery. I went into Mad-menopause and have been on HRT for 2months before surgery. There was concerns regarding intesitnal damage from the fibroid, but things feel like they are slowly getting back to normal.

I am late posting this, but I am entering week 3 post-op and I am starting to feel like I will come out on top. I have been very fortunate to have the most wonderful spouse who has treated me like a princess and I have not lifted a finger in 3 weeks. Nothing! Housework, kids, cooking, have all been done by him. I am so grateful. I cannot remember the last time I got to sleep in for 3 consecutive weeks.

Pain has gotten considerably better after week 2. I am anxious to get back to the gym, but I am resisting and following my doctor's orders to the tee.

One thing that surprised me is that I had absolutely NO vaginal bleeding or drainage since the surgery. Its so nice. I have a lot of feminine hygeine products (FHPs) that I will donate or use them to clean with (ha!)

This site has been so helpful to me, so if you are anxiously awaiting your surgery, please feel free to contact me for support. My surgery has been so smooth (up to now) that I cannot beleive I was so anxious.

I got through it with ease, and you will too

Linda
Unread 03-09-2008, 02:41 PM
Happy Sunday ladies

Happy Sunday afternoon ladies,

I am VERY HAPPY to report that I am posting to you from my recliner...!!! How great is that?!..I have a laptop from work that has wireless capabilities & dh hooked up a wireless router to our downstairs computer!!! Isn't he GRAND?

So, what has this day brought for progress? This morning I finished the last of a trilogy of Nora Roberts books..YEAH..it was awesome..and I started the Fiery Cross from Diana Gabaldon..I started that series in 2004 and have been busy since my job change in 2006 and found with all the new learnings I didn't have the ambition to finish it..there is another series of Janet Evanovich that I also plan to finish during my leave.

DH and I went to the mall for my walk today because it was freezing rain here for 9 hours..what a night..it was difficult to get to sleep for the noise against the windows. In any case we walked and then had a coffee and a scone and then walked some more and then just got home.

DH invited his parental units (his word) for supper tonight...and they just rang the bell...so I guess I can't keep you too much longer. I did stop at the drug store and buy some Vitamin E for my scar and rubbed it in..it felt wierd, but good at the same time. Some of the scabbing came off but that's alright I guess.....It is snowing again now, so I will let you ladies go to enjoy the remainder of the evening...
Unread 03-09-2008, 04:10 PM

I had my hysterectomy on the 19th also, and had my first "outing" yesterday. I went to a breakfast and than to Wal Mart. I was a lot more tired than I thought I would be. Since I just had my catheter removed last wednesday, I really could not go anywhere. Now I am taking it one day at a time.
Unread 03-09-2008, 09:22 PM

Hello ladies,

so nice to hear about everyone's good day, visits with friends, walks and all of the other little accomplishments. Your posts always bring a smile to me. To Doplhynsplash, my heart goes out to you for the loss of your mother. I was 13 when my mother passed in 1980. During my surgery, I prayed to her, as she too had a hysterectomy~this was how I came to be adopted by her & my father. I was blessed to have her as a mom from the age of 2 to 13. Not a single day goes by that I don't think of her....she is my guardian angel I know she is with me every step of my journey. I pray that you will find comfort in knowing your mom is with you always
Here's to feeling better in this coming week I can't believe it is going to be 3 weeks tomorrow for me. Time has flown by for me. I suppose I should change the calendar page to March
Unread 03-10-2008, 05:46 AM

good morning everyone. happy monday. i slept in bed last night....yippee. i am just hoping that i don't suffer for it today. so far, so good. my back is just a little sore. (can't figure that out-i thought it would feel better in bed than in a recliner to sleep). i do feel better than yesterday right now so that is what i will focus on. its 6:45 and i have a few things to get done before the baby i sit for arrives but i wanted to just share with you my experience so far this morning. yesterday was such a horrible day that i am glad to be awake and not in too much pain right now. i will post more later.
blessings to you all
Unread 03-10-2008, 06:31 AM

Hi Everyone! How are you all feeling today?
I am feeling tired and lacking in energy after a relatively busy w/e.
My DD went to the mall this am and I declined to go with. Just couldn't face putting proper clothes on, living in track suits at mo!!
It does concern me a lot how little energy I have 2 1/2 weeks post op, though reading everyone elses posts makes me feel less weird!!!
Last night there was a really bad storm in England and there is more predicted. I think that made me sleep badly...
I am finding it really hard not to eat bad things that people have brought into the house. I have put on a couple of the 11lbs I had lost so I am trying extra hard again! I'm not even eating so much but just feel because I am doing so little walking I need to really cut down.
My tummy is really flat but then it looked like I was 6 months pregnant before!! My ds has told his pre school teacher that Mummy had her fat tummy taken off in hospital!! I'm sure they all think I have had a tummy tuck!!
How are you all doing on the weight front??
I know it's more important to be healthy and well but.....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register