Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 35 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 03-10-2008, 06:56 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

BellaLuna, Great analogy about the flowers, I really like it!

Curlywurly, I too have been anxious from the beginning about gaining weight. I've lost 45 lbs since last year and do not want to gain. I usually walk at least a mile each day on my lunch when I am working and I've not done a mile since the procedure. Someone on this site posted a comment about doing the Leslie Sansone "Walk" dvd's and I ordered one that includes 1 and 2 mile walks. I plan to begin it (in a modified way) today. I am really concerned because I began taking Premarin on Friday and since then I have not had a bm despite taking stool softners and drinking almost a gallon of grape juice on Saturday! All of the straining has made my incision site sore also. I've not gotten on the scale since this began because I know it will register a gain. I have my 2 week check up today and I will discuss with dr. if I should continue the Premarin, the hot flashes are not as bad as straining and since I have my ovaries, she said I would only have to take them until my ovaries became "unshocked".

So, I am going to begin my "program" of eating better and exercising more today. Oh yeah, in the fitness section somone recommended a book on healthy eating by Pamela Smith and I've ordered that one too. Will let you know about it when I get it hopefully this week. If you are concerned about weight loss and fitness, you should really check out the fitness posts and articles, it was a great source of information for me.

Today, I'm going to be a rosebud, on my way to full bloom!

Love yall, we're on our way and the best is really yet to come!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2008, 08:03 AM

poetsna1, thanks so much for that, I must have missed the post about those DVD's. I am going to search Amazon now and have a look! Also i hadn't checked out the fitness section, so thanks for that tip!

In UK they only give hormones if you lose your ovaries. Obviously different in USA?
I lost my ovaries so they gave me a hormone implant. So far I can't tell any difference from before the op. I didn't have any menopause symptons before and dont now, so I am presuming the implant is doing it's job!

Has anyone else had a hormone implant??

Have a great Monday!
Unread 03-10-2008, 09:19 AM

Good morning everyone!

Curlywurly, I too am feeling low energy and am amazed at what some others are capable of doing! I know I must listen to my body though, and it is not ready for a lot of "doing" As for eating, some days I eat just because I know I have too, in general I have a very small appetite though. I relate that too inactivity. As I type this post, I know it was only 21 days ago today I was in the OR. I know I feel better today then I did that day or that whole week! I hope everyone is feeling good today and enjoying whatever they are doing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2008, 10:45 AM

I lost 11 lbs. also, and gained 3 back. People from our church have been bringing food like chocolate cale , chicken Alfredo etc. Hard not to eat that!! I am starting to walk 10-15 min on the treadmill every day, so hopefully that will help.
Unread 03-10-2008, 10:49 AM

hello again all.
well, i've already taken a nap this morning. i am so worn out. i guess that is still from this past weekend when i way over did it. my tummy is not as sore as yesterday but more sore than it was this morning when i first posted. i am frustrated now because my surgeon told me that she wanted me to wait for my check up when she was back on rotation at the clinic so my 6 week check up is on april 7th but with another doctor. i called the clinic today and told them that it was suppose to be with my doc and they said, well just see this one and then ask her to transfer you back to your doctor afterwards. i don't want to see someone who i have never seen before. i just couldn't even talk to them anymore because i was about to cry and didn't want to sit on the phone and cry to the poor receptionist who has nothing to do with it. maybe i will try to call back another day when i am not so upset about it and try to get them to get me in with her. the girl told me she didn't have any appointments in april. she was on her cancer rotation all of march so maybe they just haven't scheduled any appts for her in april yet. i don't know, i only know i am having a hard time with this because i don't want someone completely knew to tell me about hormone stuff and all. my doctor and i discussed my blood clot situation and she said we would find what would work for me when we met for the check up. i don't even feel that i need anything right now. anyway, sorry about the venting.
today i am very tired, feel like its cold (and its not) and achy all over. i don't know if the achey feeling is from sleeping in bed last night or what but all my joints hurt, my neck, my back, my arms. i hope i am not coming down with the flu or anything.
anyway, i am going back to my recliner. hope everyone has a wonderful day
Unread 03-10-2008, 11:40 AM

i have to say that today i'm feeling low energy today too. I don't know if the cause physical or psychological... but it's there.

I had a bit of a busy weekend (but mostly sitting). I went to my DH's show, tutored a student and talked with some friend's and although I didn't do much of anything on the physical end, I just feel like curling up and sleeping. I can't help but to think that it is just not wanting to deal with the 100,000,000 things that I have to take care of that I haven't done in these down days. Is that why I want to nap? I keep thinking that my body should be with more energy by now. But I guess I just have to take the cue from you ladies that are moving more slowly than I am and not feel guilty about needing to relax.

My DF just called and asked if I wanted to walk her doggies with her out in the bright sun. I think that I will do that and then come in for a nap.
Feel better sisters.... and thanks for helping to slow me down.
Unread 03-10-2008, 12:11 PM

Mew, don't worry. You are a woman of prayer and we know that prayer can open any door if its Gods will for you. I will be praying for you that whatever His will is that it will be done. Maybe a new doctor will give you information that you need, I know it would be horrible to have to see another dr. because I would feel the same way, but I always consider things like this Romans 8:28 things, they will work together for my good.

I think that everyone is a little more tired this week, we have been stretching our legs more and now its time to relax again. All will be well if we just listen to our bodies and do what we can and then relax and heal.

Love yall, the best is yet to come!
Unread 03-10-2008, 12:14 PM
20 Days Post-Op

Hi ladies!

I hope this post finds you doing well. This morning I got a later start than usual because I had only 5 hours sleep Saturday night / Sunday morning because of all the freezing rain and dh told me I was sawing lawgs this morning and he didn't have the heart to wake me. I only got up at 9:20AM..and I was only up at 5 AM to potty..getting there! I hope you all are also, although it takes a while I must say.

Today it is very COLD but very SUNNY so when I went on my walk this am which took me an extra 15 minutes because of ensuring I had good footing I had my sunglassess on and I was all bundled up and listening to my MP3 Player and found myself singing out loud with the songs..I'm sure if anyone was outside they thought I WAS NUTZ!!! In any case I am having a great day today. Saturday and Sunday I found I was tired. I didn't get any walking in outside, but did do the required time inside at the mall although its not entirely the same I find my back gets sore at the mall..must be the floors?
I did go an extra trip around the block a few minutes ago to check the mail and its still no warmer out..My mom came to visit and brought me a coffee and that was really nice. I have to say with March Break over and everyone gone to work/school its nice to have some peace & quiet..does anyone else find there is so much more to do on the week-ends? I miss my time during the week now..my how fast things change..

Curlywhirly: I am down 6 lbs and watch my weight daily. A couple of years ago I had lost a lot of weight over a two year period and do not plan on letting that happen again. I eat healthy and get as much walking in as I can as long as I’m feeling up to it.

I did pick up some Vitamin E Oil that Polish Princess recommended and rubbed it on my incision yesterday..it felt SO GOOD...

I'll be three weeks post-op tomorrow and feeling very much a

Have a great day ladies...
Unread 03-10-2008, 01:38 PM

i have been an emotional mess today. first time this has really happened. i cried about the doctor issue, i cried when i heard that my pastor had told people that i danced at the reception (i didn't dance-a friend of ours, the father of the groom grabbed my hands when i was telling him goodbye and walked me very slowly in a circle as if we were slow dancing but he was very gentle and i protested the whole time and then he gave me a hug and i left). anyway, i cried thinking that as hard as i have been trying to take it easy that he said that and everyone would think that i was being hardheaded and doing things i wasn't suppose to do. my dh said that he did explain to people what was really happening and my pastor was probably just teasing but like i said i am an emotional mess. so anyway, i am exhausted, i can't even count how many catnaps i have taken today and my belly is more sore now than it was in the am.

poet, thanks for the encouragement about the doc. i will look at it that way.
gotta go rest some more.
love to all
Unread 03-10-2008, 02:07 PM

MEW68 I am really sorry to hear you having a sad day! I think we all feel up lifted after reading your usually positive posts!
I'm sure the Pastor was just teasing and that your friends will be pleased you were trying to join in!
I think some days because we cant do what we usually do and we are so out of routine that we all need a good old cry to feel better!
i'm sure that you will feel much better tomorrow!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register