Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 39 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 03-11-2008, 01:51 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

the brain fog? me to! what is that from? i would like to know. i can' t remember anything. i'm trying to work from home, i'm making mistakes, asking people the same questions etc........not sure if it's no hormones, surgery or what! lol also have felt great since day one. haven't taken any pain meds since i got home from the hospital. now i'm feeling something. i wouldn't call it pain, it's just annoying. i don't feel so great anymore. i not overdoing it, but wondering if it's catching up to me. i've basically been living my life as before except for the cleaning, lifting etc......i have also been sleeping good, now not. think maybe that is wearing me down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2008, 01:54 PM
LSH 3 WEEKS TODAY still really tired???

LSH 3 weeks ago sill really tired and blah?
I was wondering if this is normal? I am just worried
that I should be doing more by now? What is everyone doing by now? Are you feeling BLAH? Why is this?
Please help
Thanks
Unread 03-11-2008, 01:58 PM

Well what a night I had. I have been doing well since my LAVH on Feb. 20th, then 4 am I woke up feeling bleeding. Kind of like the old days of waking up gushing. I got to the bathroom and the whole time felt very weird and hot. So I called out for my DH he came running and that is all I remember until I came to on the bathroom floor with my loving 3 lb. chihuahua licking my face and my DH and DD staring at me. I finally got up and the bleeding had stopped completely. We called the doctor and he said that happens sometimes with the healing process and scar tissue forming, so as long as the bleeding stopped I was ok to stay home.

When all was well we got a good laugh about how we all reacted. DH was panicked, DD (17 yrs.) had a bit of seeing stars herself and had to lay down and I was thanking God no one called 911 since I was on the floor naked from the waist down. The only sane one was the dog!!!

Sure hope that doesn't happen ever again!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2008, 04:32 PM

Hi all.

Dans Wife I live in Tasmania (Thats the little island underneath Australia) and today (Wednesday) it's overcast yeah!!! We have'nt had rain for months and are in the middle of severe drought. Im praying for a downpour.

You had your surgery 1 day after me, and I'm glad to hear your going so well. My walking capabilities are about 1km SLOWLY.

Im so naieve about my op I dont even know if I have my cervix still or not. Something I will ask at my 1st DR app. at 6 weeks post op.

To all of you ladies, here's wishing you another 'better than yesterday' day.

Molly
Unread 03-11-2008, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by molly1959
To all of you ladies, here's wishing you another 'better than yesterday' day.
I should have a better day today as DH has gone to work. I love him dearly but locking me outside yesterday (by mistake) did not put him at the top of my list And besides, he hogs the computer when he's home!

Dans_wife, I thought I had a high pain threshold, but this has really knocked me around. I had been taking ibuprofen once I left hospital. The Dr kept saying to me it is better to take pain relief and be mobile rather than be in pain and not getting about, so I waited until I felt comfortable walking until I stopped taking the tablets. I had a lot of nerve pain which happened at any time, and I'm assuming some of the internal pain is from the division of adhesions on the other organs. I'm still getting snaps of nerve pain but it is nowhere near the intensity of before.

I have the brain fog also. I am fine by myself, but as soon as my 3 DS are home, I'm a mess. I try to have quiet time with each of them so I can see how their day is.

Was that a minus 10C?? I start to freeze up anything under 15C!

Jett, my thoughts are with you and I'm sending a big hug your way.

Kim, I live in Newcastle, NSW. A really beautiful city, the weather here is 24C. December to February (our summer) was one of the wettest ever. Since my operation we have had mostly fine, sunny weather-so nice.

Hi Molly, at least I know where you live!

And Hi to all the other Princesses sharing their day with us.
Unread 03-11-2008, 10:43 PM

hello ladies, well i am going to try to sleep in bed for a third night and see how that goes. i wanted to thank you all again for your wonderful support and encouragement that you have provided for me. let me pray for you:
Father God thank you so much for these wonderful women that you have brought me to and they have provided such encouragement to me. I pray that you would bless them with comfort and peace as we go through this time of recovery. I pray for those that are hurting that you will bring them rest and healing. for those that are doing well, i pray that you will give them wisdom to know when to slow down and not over do it. Lord, I pray that you will help us all to know how to listen to our bodies. You have given us a magnificant gift in our bodies the way it speaks to us and tells us what we need. Lord help us to be careful to listen to it and to allow our bodies to heal in their proper time. Lord, i pray that you will cointinue to teach us through this time that we might be able to give comfort and encouragement and share with others what we have learned thus far. thank you for showing me that you are my Father In Heaven taking care of me. Lord, I know that you are the one that gets me through each day. I pray that I will not lose sight of that when i am having a "bad" day. I am so fortunate to have an opportunity to be an example for you. Lord, help me in every aspect of my life to honor you. Lord again, I thank you for my friends on this site. I pray for those who are dealing with cancer, that you will guide them to make the right choices for their health, for those that are still struggling with pain that you will give them comfort, for those that are not sleeping that you will multiply their rest. Lord, thank you for all that you do for each one of us. I love you Lord. amen

blessings everyone for a good night and a wonderful day tomorrow. i am attempting church tomorrow night-yipppee
Unread 03-12-2008, 09:18 AM

Hi all,
I had my surgery on 2/14/08, not doing great, have vertigo since the surgery, the ENT says it is from being put under for so long. Recovery isharder than I thought, not sure how I should be feeling, I know I am doing too much and expect too much.
Help, how am I suppose to feel.
Thanks,
Karen
Unread 03-12-2008, 09:24 AM

Mew68,
Thanks for the beautiful prayer, tears are streaming down my face, it so moved me.
It's 20 days for me today and I'm celebrating with my girlfriends tonight at a fine Italian Restaurant. I was last there on New Year's Eve and I want my friends to enjoy it as much as I did then. I must make sure that we don't dwell on health, especially my road ahead with this cancer. We are a lively bunch of six 50+ women, and we all have multi-dimensional lives. In our small group we've got a cancer survivor, one with a ciliac wheat allergy, another with MS and the rest of the assorted ills that middle age brings. I've rented us a 6 person condo in Las Vegas and I've yet to convince them to come. I'm the one who has a real valid reason to possibly not go (I may just be finished with the 5 weeks radiation by then) but I want us to have this time together without the husbands, kids, dogs, cats... I want a real "girl-fest". At least I know my mom will be there. She was with me for the first week and a half after surgery and she's ready for some fun. I don't gamble, but I'm ready for the sun and glitz. My husband thinks I'm holding on to a kite dream, he thinks the radiation will have me too wiped to go. It's only a 3/4 day trip and it gives me something to strive for. What do you think? Am I being unrealistic? A friend says I shouldn't fly after my immune system is weakened with the radiation. Doctor says we'll see. Such is life.

Here's to dreams for the future, days without pain and lots of fun to come.
Jett
Unread 03-12-2008, 09:41 AM

hi jett,
well, i say if the doctor gives you the go ahead-you should go for it. but also listen to your body!! i know just from this recovery process that there is so much i want to do that my body tells me otherwise. i was feeling great this morning and my right side is now hurting a good bit.(enough that i am thinking of taking a pain pill if it doesn't ease off soon). anyway, its wonderful to have such a great group of friends to share special times with. i hope all works out-even if the doc says you can't take the trip, you can always plan something locally with all of you.......maybe have a plan b just in case-stay at a nice hotel in town and pretend you are far away from your dh, cats, dogs and kids!! my dh knows that i am so tired of being home that he says once i recover and am doing well, he plans on getting a hotel room and having us go on a date and spend the night at a hotel...just a nice getaway if only for one night!!
well, whatever happens i will pray that God will show you what you can and should do!! gotta go, we are babysitting two little ones today and one of them is brand new to us today.....my dds are doing all the work really, i am just supervising!!
blessings to all
marta
Unread 03-12-2008, 10:11 AM

Hi Everyone,
I am really reassured that we mostly seem to feel really tired, really quick.
Today I went to an indoor play centre with my 4 year old and some friends and their kids. My friends did the running round whilst I mainly sat and had coffee and lunch. They took us there etc, but now I am exhausted, like I have been climbing a big mountain!!
I really hope this tiredness vanishes soon. Last night there was a really bad storm which meant I was awake most of the night, so I am sure that hasn't helped.
In 3 weeks I am going to Florida which means 2 long plane journeys from the UK, I hope I will be ready!!

I hope you all have loads more energy than me today!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register