Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 - Page 42 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Unread 03-13-2008, 11:20 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 18-Feb 25,2008

Hi Molly,I also Had a TVH on Feb 20.I was woundering how your are feeling now? I am 50 and still feel like my world is in slow motion,I did have to have everything Taken out (ovareis,tubes,cervix,uterus).My Dr and I have been trying to get the hormones at a normal rate not doing to well with that.So I just wanted to know if I am slower in recovery.I hope you are doing well. Thanks Lynn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2008, 01:18 PM

shep. thanks for the advise. if it keeps bothering me i will call. today i barely have any pain. yippee! i even went out with a friend for lunch who gave me a surprise lunch with his wife and my family!! it was great. they took me to my favorite restaurant and had a crown for me and balloons and a button that says "the big 4-0". they also had a cake for me. first time i've ever been surprised. it was great. and i feel great. no real pain at all right now. two hours out and sitting in a wooden chair!
hope everyone is having a great day!
Unread 03-13-2008, 02:57 PM
GYN today

Since I did not have the biopsy results, she called the surgeons office and to my BIG surprise I was diagnosed with Group I uterine cancer. What a blow. Maybe radiation, but the surgeon said everything is gone, ovaries, uterus, tubes, cervix and lymph nodes - so no treatment needed. Now I am not a candidate for HRT ( did not want them anyway) and she prescribed Lexapro for meopause symptoms. Huh? See the surgeon on Tuesday - we'll see. First time I had tears today...just shocked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2008, 03:10 PM

fort, oh my goodness, i am so sorry to hear that. i asked my husband last night if the surgeon had mentioned anything about if they suspected anything that looked cancerous or anything-he told me that they told him that they would have results at my check up. 7 weeks. i am hoping that if they would have seen anything on the report, i would receive a call but who knows. i can't imagine how you are feeling right now. i pray that you will have a calmness and peace about it all. i hope all goes well with your visit on tuesday. keep us posted.
blessings
marta
Unread 03-13-2008, 03:52 PM
update

Hi Sisters,

Just getting caught up on all your posts. Prayers are going up to our Heavenly Father for all you gals.

I went back to work on Wednesday. Everyone was so glad to see me and I got a lot of hugs. Didn't put in a full day and left a bit early today. Got pretty whipped after being at the computer entering stuff.

This swelly belly is really getting on my nerves. I cannot wait for that to go away! I really enjoy the feeling a nice flat ice pack on the belly.

The weather is beautiful in Jax today. I am going to grab that ice pack and go sit on the bench swing for a few.

You all take care,
Unread 03-13-2008, 04:15 PM

Fortlauderdale - So sorry to hear about your new troubles. Please know that we are all praying for you. It sounds like they caught it early enough that no further treatment will be needed. Be sure that someone - DH - goes with you to your appointment so you have two sets of ears to hear what they say and to ask as many questions as possible. ( write your questions down so you don't forget them!)

Good luck and God Bless. Let us know how you are doing.
Amy
Unread 03-13-2008, 04:24 PM

Fortlauderdale-- wow, this is shocking to hear so much later afterward. Hopefully that means there's nothing to worry about. All our thoughts are with you--Kim
Unread 03-13-2008, 05:07 PM

Fortlauderdale,

I'm so glad you caught your cancer early. I wish you the best of luck with radiation, if you have to take it.

To all the other princess's, continue to take it easy on the road to recovery!
Unread 03-13-2008, 05:50 PM

Hi Msrez,
I had my op 2 days before you. I still have ovaries, not sure about my cervix (COMES FROM NOT ASKING ENOUGH QUESTIONS PRE-OP),so generally I feel fine. I admit i think i have been one of the lucky ones so far.

But I still do things in slow motion, nice fluid movements, and that seems to keep everything comfortable. I am 48 and I've always been a healthy person so I think I have made a fairly speedy recovery so far. I'm not going to take that for granted though.

I believe there is a normal recovery period for every person, and as every person is unique so will there recovery be. So please don't be in a rush to try and match any body elses recovery, besides you may be further along than many others.

Best wishes to you.Look forward to better days.

Fortlauderdale I also convey my sincerest wishes to you for a speedy recovery.

As for me, I'm locking up the house today. Keeping the curtains closed, doors shut, and air con on full blast. We're having a heat wave down here at the moment with extreme fire danger period forcast. Everything is tinder dry so thats very worrying. I don't have lawn outside, just small patches of dead grass & bare earth. No rain forcast untill around May. OH MY

Keep the brave faces on ladies and lets have another 'better than yesterday" day.
Unread 03-13-2008, 06:08 PM

FortLauderdale - this is a blessing, really. If you hadn't had the surgery you would have never known the diagnosis and the cancer might have progressed to a point where treatment would have been much more difficult. I'll be praying for your road to full recovery and full health. Keep your spirits high and try to see the silver lining - it really is there.

Yesterday I had ALOT of energy - more energy then the past 3 weeks combined ! I spent hours and hours going through paper work, paying bills, and then went to Bed Bath & Beyond and out to dinner with my sister and my mom. I ate the entire dessert myself - and I ate all my main meal too ! OINK OINK. I still feel full today but at least I feel like I have an excuse for my swelly belly today ! And I didn't nap until 3:30 this afternoon (and I had NO nap yesterday).

Marta - HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!! I'm sorry I'm so late I'm a bad girl.

Molly - I love your sign off ! Here's hoping to 'better than yesterday' days all around !

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register